• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. StreetPass Mii Plaza
  3. StreetPass Mii Plaza in 2019

User Info: Hallumir

Hallumir
2 years ago#1
Does anyone still carry around the 3DS in public in 2019? Sadly, I've been getting very few and far between StreetPasses. It wasn't as much as years ago when I got my 3DS in 2013 and brought it to my school every day. I go out for walks every day, including sometimes going to the grocery store or a restaurant, and it seems like I only get a StreetPass every two months. I just StreetPassed someone who enabled StreetPass on a bunch of Pokémon games and on Sm4sh, but he disabled the Mii Plaza! I still enjoy StreetPass Mii Plaza and I want more StreetPasses for Monster Manor.

User Info: HTW

HTW
2 years ago#2
I still carry my 3DS around most of the time, as long as I've got a bag or a zippered pocket for it. But the frequency StreetPasses has definitely dropped. After the Nintendo Zones were shut down, I still got an average of about 1 every couple weeks until early 2019, but it's been about 2 months since my last one so it seems people are giving up on it.

I won't say too much about this because it's totally unofficial stuff, the kind of thing that'll void your warranty, but there are some people working on ways to revitalise StreetPass functionality. Some of it involves apps, some involves gadgets. I hope the ideas reach their potential.

User Info: Kisai

Kisai
2 years ago#3
Hallumir posted...
Does anyone still carry around the 3DS in public in 2019? Sadly, I've been getting very few and far between StreetPasses.

I do. I've always rarely gotten StreetPasses, though. Surprisingly though, I actually got a StreetPass about an hour ago. I wasn't even at work then, I was riding my bike home. I have no idea who I could have passed. I didn't see anybody.
WHO MODS THE MODERATORS?

User Info: Steriowave55555

Steriowave55555
1 year ago#4
I'm still doing it but I no longer get hits to beat streetpass quest to get 2

User Info: clutch88

clutch88
1 year ago#5
As of a year ago I was still getting hits in Japan. Around 75 in about a 2 week period split between Tokyo and Misawa.

So you can get more hits if you're willing to take a very expensive vacation!

User Info: deadpigs101

deadpigs101
1 year ago#6
I used to work drive thru at McDonalds, lots of kids would come through with their 3DS since we were a Nintendo Spot. Switch really needs a similar feature
GT: DonGiovanni023 3DS Friend Code: 3282 3335 3766
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u58/DonGiovanni023/siggy-1.jpg

User Info: regirafariger

regirafariger
1 year ago#7
Oddly, I carry it around most of them time, but NOT with the wireless on, to save the battery life. Tags in the wild dried up for me, too, but the years-old habit of wanting to be able to pull it out of my pocket for a few minutes of Pokemon / Dragon Quest at need has never gone away. I vastly prefer 3DS to phone gaming, any day.

User Info: 2014-ruled

2014-ruled
1 year ago#8
I still do, as there are a handful of games for the 3DS that I haven't beaten yet.
Now playing: DQ VII, Persona 3, 5, Sushi Striker, The Fractured But Whole.
  1. Boards
  2. StreetPass Mii Plaza
  3. StreetPass Mii Plaza in 2019
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A