• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. StreetPass Mii Plaza
  3. Who is going to the Nintendo World Store in NYC?

User Info: GoldenSun

GoldenSun
1 year ago#1
Hey everyone!

As I'm sure most of you know, HomePass 'died' when Nintendo cut the NZ servers back in March 2018.

BUT, there are still a few Nintendo Zones. For one, we have the Nintendo World Store in New York City.

If anyone is nearby and can stop by there (or is going to be visiting), I'd like to ask something of you. If we could get the MAC Address and the Wifi Name (SSID), we may be able to bring HomePass back.

Bringing HomePass back would help a lot of people who struggle to get StreetPasses (which is pretty much everyone now).

For those that don't know, HomePass basically allows you to trick your 3DS into thinking it is at a Nintendo Zone. This allows you to receive your six StreetPass tags, as you normally would.

Thank you to anyone who can help!
3DS FC: 0619-7854-1895
PoGo FC: 7780-5769-7374

GoldenSun
1 year ago#2
Also, according to the site below, apparently Best Buy stores in Canada work as well. Any Canadians out there who can help out?

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/277/~/where-are-nintendo-zones-located%3F

User Info: HTW

HTW
11 months ago#3
GoldenSun posted...
Also, according to the site below, apparently Best Buy stores in Canada work as well. Any Canadians out there who can help out?

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/277/~/where-are-nintendo-zones-located%3F

I'm in Ontario and unfortunately, my local Best Buy hasn't worked as a Nintendo Zone since early in the year.

I was actually just wondering about the state of HomePass and SpillPass. Would it at least be possible to spoof our own home wireless networks to act as StreetPass relay points, if not official Nintendo Zones?

[Edit]
I also visited Montreal in the summer and neither the Best Buy nor the Best Buy Mobile worked. :(

GoldenSun
11 months ago#4
Okay, I don't currently have a Homepass setup, but for anyone out there that has access to one, would you mind plugging in the following and letting me know if it works?

MAC Address: 00:25:9C:52:1C:6A
AP Name: 'NDS-Guest' (I think)

Thank you to anyone who can help.

HTW
11 months ago#5
Hello again. I'll cross-post your request on GBAtemp since it's still very relevant. Over there, some guys are in the planning stages of a new way to share our StreetPass tags.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/streetpass-2-rise-from-the-ashes.526749/

So far, the method involves copying a particular file in the 3DS's innards that contains all of your unused StreetPass tags, and there's a spreadsheet where we can exchange them. Note that this means we're sharing the tags that we've received, not tags from our own miis, although you can share a tag from yourself if you have a second 3DS to receive it. (Which I've done, check out my garden. ;) )

They're looking into the ability to parse the StreetPass file (known as CECD) to separate tags by game and re-combine them, and then hopefully a StreetPass-sharing app will come next.

Exciting stuff!

GoldenSun
11 months ago#6
HTW posted...
They're looking into the ability to parse the StreetPass file (known as CECD) to separate tags by game and re-combine them, and then hopefully a StreetPass-sharing app will come next.

Exciting stuff!

That's awesome! I won't pretend to understand all of what I read there, but that's cool. I'm guessing this comes from hacked/modded 3DS systems? I might have to look into that. I know a guy that's good at that stuff.

Also, would this app be a Homebrew app on the 3DS? I would love some way to just download and send SP Tags to my 3DS without hacking it...maybe some kind of Raspberry Pi workaround to transmit the info somehow...?

Again, I don't understand most of this stuff. But it'd be cool if it were possible. I'd definitely pay for something like that.

HTW
11 months ago#7
Yeah that guy on the forum was being pretty technical, but it's all done with common 3DS modding apps. Luckily the 3DS is currently in a state where it's free and safe to soft-mod; Nintendo could patch certain vulnerabilities but they can't brick your system or patch the main "Boot9strap" exploit after it's installed.

But there's no rush. You can check out the process (http://3ds.guide) and wait until you feel comfortable with it, or just talk to that guy you know. :P It might be a bit confusing because you need to use several exploits in a row, and they're all on different pages in that guide.

The StreetPass-sharing app would likely be 3DS homebrew. There actually is a way to use Raspberry Pi to mimic a StreetPass relay point, it's called SpillPass, but I've never looked into it.

User Info: GrizzlyBear01

GrizzlyBear01
11 months ago#8
GoldenSun posted...
Okay, I don't currently have a Homepass setup, but for anyone out there that has access to one, would you mind plugging in the following and letting me know if it works?

MAC Address: 00:25:9C:52:1C:6A
AP Name: 'NDS-Guest' (I think)

Thank you to anyone who can help.

Doesn't look like it works.
  1. Boards
  2. StreetPass Mii Plaza
  3. Who is going to the Nintendo World Store in NYC?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers