• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. StreetPass Mii Plaza
  3. Exact method for getting Gold Key in Find Mii II Secret Quest

User Info: Dark_Toshi

Dark_Toshi
7 years ago#1
After 5 more attempts through the Find Mii II Secret Quest, I have figured out how to get the Gold Key.

I took the following path (1-2-5-6-10-11-18-26-27-32-33-34-35-36) to ensure that I didn't get the Silver Key by completing rooms 19 & 25.

I killed the Ultimate Ghost each time with a team of two level 7 reds via combo magic. As a result, the fight with the Dark Emperor always began with the two red miis.

I found that the gold key was awarded when I beat the Dark Emperor with 21 miis (this includes the 2 from the Ultimate Ghost battle) in total during the battle itself.

It was NOT awarded when I used 22, 23, 24, and 25 miis against the Dark Emperor with the same condition (beating the Ultimate Ghost with 2 miis). No potions (Vial of Valor, Dispelling Draft) were used in the fight. The number of miis used prior to the Dark Emperor is irrelevant.

Here are the the details of the 21 and 22 mii runs that I did. I am excluding the data for the runs of 23-25 miis since you didn't get the key with 22 miis. I made sure both red miis were cycled through during the fight with the Ultimate Ghost to ensure no mii was miscounted. The 2 miis from the Ultimate Ghost Fight did not increase the counter during the fight with the Dark Emperor.

21 mii run (Gold Key awarded)
======================
Miis used
14 level 7 red
1 level 6 red
6 level 1 red

8 level 7's cast combo magic for 39 damage each time (Dark Emp 94 HP left)
6 level 7's cast single magic for 12 damage each time (Dark Emp 22 HP left)
1 level 6 cast single magic for 10 damage (Dark Emp 12 HP left).
6 level 1's cast single magic for 2 damage each (Dark Emp 0 HP left).

Heroes met counter at start of fight: 31
Heroes met counter at end of fight: 50

22 mii run (no key earned)
===================
Miis used
14 level 7 red
1 level 5 red
7 level 1 red

8 level 7's cast combo magic for 39 damage each time (Dark Emp 94 HP left)
6 level 7's cast single magic for 12 damage each time (Dark Emp 22 HP left)
1 level 5 cast single magic for 8 damage (Dark Emp 14 HP left).
7 level 1's cast single magic for 2 damage each (Dark Emp 0 HP left).

Heroes met counter at start of fight: 39
Heroes met counter at end of fight: 59

The only case I that haven't confirmed is what would have happened if I had beaten the Ultimate Ghost with just one mii instead of two.

Hopefully this will put to rest all the debate on how the gold key is obtained.

User Info: silktail

silktail
7 years ago#2
The only case I that haven't confirmed is what would have happened if I had beaten the Ultimate Ghost with just one mii instead of two.

Well if it helps at all: When I got my Gold Key with 21 Heroes, I was using parties of 1 hero each and therefore I had to beat the Ultimate Ghost with a single hero too.

I.e. 21 * lv.7 heroes (lowered to lv.6), casting (singular) Blue magic, is 21 * 12 = 252 damage. Heroes met was 50 at the start & 70 at the defeat.

(Of course at the time I was unfortunately, trying to prove the supposed 20 hero requirement. But I guess that doesn't matter now.)
---

User Info: WickedRogue

WickedRogue
7 years ago#3
For NA it takes less then 25 Mii's, everytime you hit and miss you have to count that as an extra hit that you have to make up for.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a bad game is bad forever." - Shigeru Miyamoto

Dark_Toshi
7 years ago#4
I'm not quite sure that I follow your post, WickedRogue. I already established that 25 miis does not award the key. There were no missed attacks in my runs since I used magic.

User Info: Bakz

Bakz
7 years ago#5
How do you get the silver key? I already got the bronze and Gold keys myself.
3DS FC: 4339 2530 6633

Dark_Toshi
7 years ago#6
Bakz, here's my post from an old thread.

Silver Key - Beat rooms #19 & #25 in the Find Mii II Secret Quest. Room order of completion does not matter. You can beat room #25 before #19 if you wish.

#19: Diabolical Altar - Front
How to get there from start: Take the middle path to room 5, Ransacked Ruins - West. Then take the bottom path to room 12, Dolorous Deepwood - West. Room 19 will be the room after the next one. You face a Rampaging Mummy in the room.

#25: Shrine of Shadows - East
How to get there from start: Take the topmost path. It's the room just before the Castle of Darkness (left of the mountain in the background). There are two Marauding Mummies inside (the red mummies).

Dark_Toshi
7 years ago#7
Since I had reformatted a 3DS for the Miyamoto puzzle swap exploit, I was able to run through Find Mii II again with single miis and here are the results.

I began with a 22 single-mii run. I killed the Ultimate Ghost with a single mii so that I would begin the Dark Emperor fight with only one mii in the lineup. Also, as an added precaution, I rehired each mii individually instead of in groups of 3 at at time. The level-down gas was left in play. Magic was used instead of swords to remove the possibility of attacks failing and skewing the numbers.

22 single-mii run (no key earned)
=================================
Miis used
20 level 7 red
1 level 5 red
1 level 1 red

20 level 7's cast single magic for 12 damage each time. (Dark Emp 10 HP left)
1 level 5 cast single magic for 8 damage (Dark Emp 2 HP left).
1 level 1 cast single magic for 2 damage (Dark Emp 0 HP left).

Heroes met counter at start of fight: 73
Heroes met counter at end of fight: 94
190 Play coins used to rehire all 22 miis.

21 single-mii run (Golden Key awarded)
======================================
Miis used
21 level 7 red

21 level 7's cast single magic for 12 damage each time (Dark Emp 0 HP left).

Heroes met counter at start of fight: 37
Heroes met counter at end of fight: 57
189 Play coins used to rehire all 21 miis.

With this, we can now all agree that the Golden Key is awarded by defeating the Dark Emperor in the Find Mii II Secret Quest with no more than 21 Miis total (this total includes the miis from the fight with the Ultimate Ghost). It CAN be earned on the first attempt of the secret quest. Hoping that this can end all the confusion regarding this matter on the Internet.

I only have a few unanswered questions after these latest runs.
1. Do miis that use the potion service count towards the total? I would think so but I didn't confirm this case.

2. What happens in the case where the 20th mii uses a vial of valor to summon back 3 miis? Then the first of the summoned back miis would be the 21st mii. Assuming that he wins the fight, would you get the golden key since you had won with 21? Or would the game count the other two miis that the potion brought back? I'm thinking you would get the key provided that you didn't cycle through the lineup and hence increase the heroes met counter. If you did that, you would have been deemed to have used 23 miis instead of 21.

3. Does the Golden Key unlock by any other means? I had read somewhere that it would be awarded eventually if you just kept beating the secret quest without having met the 21 mii requirement against the Dark Emperor. My previous runs were 25, 24, 23, 22, and 21. So that's at least 4 runs of the secret quest without golden key awarded.

For those interested, these latest two runs were achieved by using three 3DS units across a 14 day period. It took about 10 days to speed through Find Mii twice as you cannot rehire heroes. Play coins were achieved quickly by earning 10, switching the date forward by a day, reverting back, and earning another 10.

silktail
7 years ago#8
I'm thinking you would get the key provided that you didn't cycle through the lineup and hence increase the heroes met counter. If you did that, you would have been deemed to have used 23 miis instead of 21.

Did you even try taking a party and cycling through them, before the next one delivers the final blow?

E.g. 22+ heroes met the boss, but only 21 were used.

I wonder how Brown magic heroes might effect it too.
---

Dark_Toshi
7 years ago#9
silktail, I didn't as I wanted clean single mii runs without any other interference.

After reviewing my notes, I don't believe that the heroes met counter has any connection. The below table summarizes my findings from my previous 21 and 22 mii runs using single and double miis from the Ultimate Ghost fight.

Legend
======
Run: number of miis used. S = 1 mii from Ultimate Ghost fight. D = 2 miis.
Met: total amount that the heroes met counter was increased during the Dark Emperor fight.
Key: golden key awarded after fight or not.

Run / Met / Key
===============
22D / 20 / No
22S / 21 / No
21D / 19 / Yes
21S / 20 / Yes

We can see that the heroes met counter was advanced 19 & 20 times during the 21D & 21S runs yet both earned the key. On the 22D run, we see that the heroes met (20) matches the 21S run but no key was earned. Being that the only constant between the two runs was the number of miis used in total, this seems to confirm that 21 is the magic number to earn the golden key.

As for the brown magic, the summoned mii doesn't advance the heroes met counter. It's unknown if it still counts towards the 21 mii limit though. Until someone can confirm this case, it's best to assume that it does. The same goes for any miis used for the potion service. In theory, you could have an infinite loop if you somehow had the misfortune/luck of getting browns repeatedly from brown magic (I've seen up to three in a row).

I can't verify these scenarios as I have no more extra 3DS units to reformat to try. 21 miis is plenty of room to win against the Dark Emperor and there are numerous combinations of lower level mii teamups that you can use to win.

On paper, I found that you could win with a low level same color (or B/W) team 6. They would hit 4 times for 24 damage. Do that 10 times to deal 240 damage and 20 miis used. The 21st mii would attack normally to win or critical hit (if low level) and you'd just barely make the 21 mii requirement.

As expected, this is a very unreliable method since the odds are not in your favor that all 41+ hits and critical hit (if applicable) would connect.

For those without access to high level miis for rehire and have the Nintendo distributed goldpants miis, you can team with them to make a team level 6 as they start at level 5.

Reggie: level 5 brown
Moffitt: level 5 dark blue
Miyamoto: level 5 dark green

silktail
7 years ago#10
I can't verify these scenarios as I have no more extra 3DS units to reformat to try.

Sorry, I had just assumed your "Miyamoto exploit" 3DS was one you could continuously reformat. But if not, then I guess you couldn't test for those things.

I.e. It may have lessened the confusion, but unfortunately it hasn't completely ended it.

After reviewing my notes, I don't believe that the heroes met counter has any connection. The below table summarizes my findings from my previous 21 and 22 mii runs

But those heroes did increase that counter before they got to the boss and we wouldn't expect them to be added on a second time.
So it's still hard to say whether unused (met) heroes will effect the number, or not.
---
  1. Boards
  2. StreetPass Mii Plaza
  3. Exact method for getting Gold Key in Find Mii II Secret Quest
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A