Killer 7 vs Broken Butterfly which is better over all?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 4 HD
  3. Killer 7 vs Broken Butterfly which is better over all?

User Info: frofrodajimyboy

frofrodajimyboy
6 years ago#11
Cloco30 posted...
where do you get a BB gun it doesnt sound very powerful.now that Broken Butterfly on the other hand....

http://s1.postimage.org/8q0i2hntu/Thats_the_joke.jpg
Gamertag: FroFroDaJimyBoy
Wingman, leader, warrior.

User Info: MorphineChild

MorphineChild
6 years ago#12
Honestly, the Broken Butterfly is the better magnum. However, by the time the max firepower upgrade becomes available for it (near the end of the game), it becomes pretty useless. It costs 50k to get the gun's firepower up to 50, but the kicker is that there's really nothing to use it on after that (maybe a few hard-to-kill common enemies, but it's hard to use against the two bosses that follow). You're better off saving your money to buy a rocket launcher to kill the final boss.

The Killer7's max firepower is only 35 (if I recall correctly), but it fires faster, has a larger clip, and reloads quicker. Still, I can't recommend it for a first playthrough since you can't even buy it until you're about 75-80% through the game.

User Info: staticrob

staticrob
6 years ago#13
I always go with the broken butterfly because of it's power. After it's maxed out it's almost like a mini rocket launcher. As long as you can put your shots on target in good spots and not waste ammo by blindly firing, it's an obvious choice. The only time i used the Killer & was the very first time I played the game. I completely upgraded it and after all that I saw it was weaker then the broken butterfly, i sold it and never bothered with it anymore. The BB can even take out a group of anywhere between 3-5 enemies that are in front of you in one shot. And if by chance someone does live after that. Just run up and one or two knife swipes while they are on thegroundwill finish them off. As long as you have the patience for the gun and know the best times when to reload it(don't try to reload when surrounded by enemies thinking that it's a super quick handgun style reload) I use the gun all the time.

User Info: joco127

joco127
6 years ago#14
http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/625523-resident-evil-4-hd/faqs/35441

That's the weapons analysis guide, it makes good points for both. Personally, though, I would rather have the Broken Butterfly at 50 firepower when I start new game+.

User Info: nonce_basher

nonce_basher
6 years ago#15
where the hell do u get a free broekn butterfly? i paid for mine lol.

User Info: joco127

joco127
6 years ago#16
Just before the area with the garden maze you'll see a locked door with a ledge that you can send Ashley over. You won't have her with you at that point, but if you backtrack after you get her back next the Broken Butterfly is yours, along with some treasure IIRC.

User Info: jcgriff1983xd

jcgriff1983xd
6 years ago#17
The K7 is better than the BB every step of the way until the BB gets its EX. That's at the very, very end of the game. In the end, the BB is better, but until that end, the K7 is the magnum of choice.
Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in someone else's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? -Matthew 7:3

User Info: JoveHack

JoveHack
6 years ago#18
MorphineChild posted...
Honestly, the Broken Butterfly is the better magnum. However, by the time the max firepower upgrade becomes available for it (near the end of the game), it becomes pretty useless. It costs 50k to get the gun's firepower up to 50, but the kicker is that there's really nothing to use it on after that (maybe a few hard-to-kill common enemies, but it's hard to use against the two bosses that follow). You're better off saving your money to buy a rocket launcher to kill the final boss.

I save up green hand grenades for the final boss. Use them for stun, then the fully upgraded Broken Butterfly on the Weak Point for Massive Damage! Saves 30k on a single-use rocket launcher. Leaves a lot more room in inventory, too, for picking up the final rocket launcher.

Starting up from the Clear save with the fully upgraded Broken Butterfly (and fully upgraded bolt-action rifle, and fully upgraded TMP, and fully upgraded Striker) means never having to say you're sorry. The BB took down the first El Gigante with two shots. I like that.
Jove the Sleep Depraved.

User Info: StarlightHunter

StarlightHunter
6 years ago#19

The Killer 7 obviously, it is more stable and has better handling than the Broken Butterfly not to mention is has a much faster reload and a larger clip. Whats the point in having all the power in the BB if aiming with it takes an extra 1000% effort. The only thing that makes the BB better than the Killer 7 is more power and the badass reload animation.

User Info: JoveHack

JoveHack
6 years ago#20
StarlightHunter posted...
The Killer 7 obviously, it is more stable and has better handling than the Broken Butterfly not to mention is has a much faster reload and a larger clip. Whats the point in having all the power in the BB if aiming with it takes an extra 1000% effort. The only thing that makes the BB better than the Killer 7 is more power and the badass reload animation.

After spending most of the game pecking away with a 9mm, frantically trying to use up all the 9mm ammo the game near-continuously dumps on Leon, it's nice to have a weapon that hits fantastically hard, and fires more slowly. Gives it a feeling of weight and majesty.

That's why I go for the Broken Butterfly and the Bolt Action Rifle. Even the enemies they hit have to admit that they've been served.
Jove the Sleep Depraved.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 4 HD
  3. Killer 7 vs Broken Butterfly which is better over all?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived