• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
  3. Skylanders Sidekicks - Any details?

User Info: S Forgel

S Forgel
8 years ago#1
I certainly don't want to miss out on this promotion as I absolutely adore these cute versions of the Skylanders. I mean, even their names are cute: Trigger Snappy, Whisper Elf, Gill Runt and Terrabite?

Awwwwwwwww! so cuuuuuute!

Okay, all adoration aside, does anyone have any details about this promotion? Google is not being my friend right now.
I've been colllecting how long? Over 2,500 titles so far! ^_^

User Info: LordElohim

LordElohim
8 years ago#2
I read somewhere that it is supposed to begin on the 18th, which is today. Does that help?
GamerTag: Lord Elohim PS3 - LordElohim
3DS Friend Code - 0645-5840-7528 Name: Elohim

User Info: StrmCentry

StrmCentry
8 years ago#3
Google "skylanders sidekicks chip bags found" w/o the quotes. On the 1st page of results the last result should be a powerpoint file. Open it and look at slides 5-7.

The dates given are in four two week waves beginning July 9th with the last wave starting August 20th.

Continue to keep an eye on the boards just in case someone does find the bags before these dates. To my knowledge no one has found any yet.

S Forgel
8 years ago#4
StrmCentry posted...
Google "skylanders sidekicks chip bags found" w/o the quotes. On the 1st page of results the last result should be a powerpoint file. Open it and look at slides 5-7.

The dates given are in four two week waves beginning July 9th with the last wave starting August 20th.

Continue to keep an eye on the boards just in case someone does find the bags before these dates. To my knowledge no one has found any yet.

Thank you for the information, StrmCentry. It was very useful. I am going to be on the lookout for those bags of chips.

Here is a copypasta of the info via html text instead of a ppt file.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MP BTS Skylanders KO’s Program

In-Store Timing:

4 Waves of KO’s:
Wave 1 - July 9th, 2012 (P7W4)
Wave 2 - July 23rd, 2012 (P8W2)
Wave 3 - August 6th, 2012 (P8W4)
Wave 4 - August 20th. 2012 (P9W2)

Event Description:

Partnering Skylanders and MP to deliver exclusive Skylanders consumer offer

$6.15 Classic Mix 20ct

$6.15 Flavor Mix 20ct

Merchandising Solutions:

Thematic KO’s

Launch Details

Reasons for Success

Consumer Insight:

Target Consumer is shopper mom with kids
Mom’s “new year” begins with Back to School and her activities and energy at this time are focused on helping her kids start off the school year strong
Back to School is a major shopping occasion, with estimated average HH spending of $603 during the 2011 BTS timeframe*

Business Insight:

Frito-Lay’s Classic and Flavor 20ct Variety Packs are the number one and two (respectively) selling multipacks during the back to school season.**
Frito-Lay’s Classic and Flavor 20ct Variety Packs turn at least 33% faster during the Back to School time period.**
Frito-Lay’s Multipacks bring in more than $215MM nationally during the Back to School time period.**

Support for Success

Merchandised through KO’s
Consumer offer will allow consumers to redeem a free Skylanders sidekick character with purchase.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

User Info: cdp1705

cdp1705
8 years ago#5
are they going to be in the bag or do you have to enter a code online?
XBOX360 GT: manofsteel1984
PSN ID: manofsteel_1984
(message deleted)

User Info: LordElohim

LordElohim
8 years ago#7
I just read about the misunderstanding over on the DarkSpyro boards. The sell sheet advertises a new flavor of Frito Lay for the 18th of June, but the Skylanders promotion starts on July 9th, like mentioned above. This is not a code based give-a-way, this is a "mail away" promotion. Meaning, you have to buy a pack of the Frito Lay products, and then mail in the UPC with a form of some kind. This is a purchase necessary promotion, unlike the Stump Smash, which was no purchase necessary.
GamerTag: Lord Elohim PS3 - LordElohim
3DS Friend Code - 0645-5840-7528 Name: Elohim

S Forgel
8 years ago#8
LordElohim posted...
I just read about the misunderstanding over on the DarkSpyro boards. The sell sheet advertises a new flavor of Frito Lay for the 18th of June, but the Skylanders promotion starts on July 9th, like mentioned above. This is not a code based give-a-way, this is a "mail away" promotion. Meaning, you have to buy a pack of the Frito Lay products, and then mail in the UPC with a form of some kind. This is a purchase necessary promotion, unlike the Stump Smash, which was no purchase necessary.

I kind of figured that it would be a redemption type of deal considering how much easier it is for companies to sort out and mail items as opposed to having consumers simply rip open the bags to steal the figures.

I'm really surprised that no cereal manufacturers have taken advantage of the craze, as it would be awesome to have some Skylanders related toys to go along with a box of Frosted Flakes or Rice Krispies.

User Info: LadyFiede

LadyFiede
8 years ago#9
Wait, did I read that PPT right that it will only be at Target? I hope not, cause there are no Targets where I live. Maybe a friend will buy the chips for me. :/
---
<3

S Forgel
8 years ago#10
LadyFiede posted...
Wait, did I read that PPT right that it will only be at Target? I hope not, cause there are no Targets where I live. Maybe a friend will buy the chips for me. :/
---

I think what they meant in the PPT file was their "Target Consumer" being a generalized term, such as "Target Audience". I can see how it would be confusing though, especially in how it is worded.

That being said, I'm very sure these bags of Fristo Lay's Chips will be at every retailer who is willing to stock them, so they shouldn't be in short supply.
  1. Boards
  2. Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
  3. Skylanders Sidekicks - Any details?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A