• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Walking Dead: Episode 1 - A New Day
  3. Clementine's awful voice acting

User Info: chrispowell

chrispowell
6 years ago#1
I'm really digging this game. The story, the action, the voice acting... except Clementine. It's already a problem in American film and television with awful child actors, so I guess I shouldn't have been too surprised by the bad job she's doing. And, sure, it's hard to teach a kid good voice acting, I'll grant. Still, it's distracting whenever she's on screen. Having seen much better European child actors, it's a bit of a disappointment they couldn't put a bit more effort into this.

User Info: JC_Phoenix

JC_Phoenix
6 years ago#2
Any specific examples? I thought the voice acting was good, maybe a bit squeaky sometimes, but that's just how some kids sound.

It would have ruined the feel of it if She had some level, eloquent, soothing voice. It's not exactly Dakota Fanning auditioning for a mature role as the passive aggressive know it all in a zombie apocalypse.
"You are a planned organism, the offspring of knowledge and imagination rather than of individuals"-Morpheus

User Info: shinra35800

shinra35800
6 years ago#3
voice acting is just fine -_-

User Info: DregsOfSociety

DregsOfSociety
6 years ago#4
Wow, your post is about terrible child voice acting and about how hard it is to teach children acting in general. That is mind boggling considering that the woman that plays Clementine is 37 years old.

The actress is Melissa Hutchison, born in 1975
The Walking Dead ep 1 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2006890/

User Info: JJCTroy

JJCTroy
6 years ago#5
I happen to think it is very good. Maybe it isn't the voice alone, as all of her characteristics help me feel sympathetic, but she really gets to me.

User Info: ThisAwesomeGuy

ThisAwesomeGuy
6 years ago#6
DregsOfSociety posted...
Wow, your post is about terrible child voice acting and about how hard it is to teach children acting in general. That is mind boggling considering that the woman that plays Clementine is 37 years old.

The actress is Melissa Hutchison, born in 1975
The Walking Dead ep 1 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2006890/

^Ninja'd this topic
Currently Lurking: borderlands 2 and Dark souls boards.

User Info: BioStormX

BioStormX
6 years ago#7
Clementine's voice is about the best kid voice I've ever even heard in a game
Franchita: Bet you're not going to be so happy when I tell you that I like men...
Franchita's Dad: DOTDOTDOT

User Info: AuronDF

AuronDF
6 years ago#8
I wouldn't call it bad-- the problem is that the lady doing the voice is trying so hard to keep her voice in a high pitch that it comes off as being whiney/scared all the time. But when the choice is that or a likely crap child voice actress, I'd take the former any day.
"You said it yourself, Kain - there are only two sides to your coin..." -Raziel
http://implicateevolution.com

User Info: DarthSchubert

DarthSchubert
6 years ago#9
I completely disagree. Clementine's voice and character are one of the biggest things that have drawn me into the game, I just find her so likeable. I'm trying to play the game "in character" and essentially making every decision with Clementine's best interests at heart.

I figure if there really was an apocalypse type situation, having to take care of a child with me would make my decisions easier. Anything and everything would be about keeping them safe.
"Life is like a box of chocolates. Diabetics can't enjoy either."
  1. Boards
  2. The Walking Dead: Episode 1 - A New Day
  3. Clementine's awful voice acting
  • Topic Archived