• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Walking Dead: Episode 1 - A New Day
  3. Does this game require good reflexes or coordination?

User Info: Sangloth

Sangloth
6 years ago#1
My father is a fan of the walking dead tv series. He's had multiple strokes, and has poor motor control on both sides of his body. He can use a computer, but it takes him substantially longer then your average person.
Anything that requires the player to click on a moving target or react within a certain time limit are basically out the window.
I think playing a point and click adventure game that holds his interest would be a good way to build hand-eye coordination, and if there's just a section or two that requires me to do it for him I will, but I want him to play the game, and not watch me play the game.
Would this be a good choice?

User Info: dataDyneSoldier

dataDyneSoldier
6 years ago#2
I am early in the game, bbut so far I have already been forced to make many quick decisions both dialogue and action based. Maybe he can watch you play it? It seems to be a very story-driven game so he would likely be entertained. Sorry to read about his condition. If you have more questions, feel free to ask.
"Search him. Then I will kill you." - Bane
CM 690 II Advanced | Asrock Extreme 3 Gen 3 | i5 2500k | GTX 560 Ti - 448 Cores | 8GB DDR3 | OCZ ZT 750W

User Info: kuohung

kuohung
6 years ago#3
This game is mainly about interacting with your group-mate and making choices within certain time limit.

There are time limits on choosing answers when conversing with people but it's usually pretty long. I'd give it an average of 6 seconds.

The point of this game isn't to test your reaction time but more like making hard decisions within alloted time that affect the survival of you and others and your relationship with them.

Having said that, there will be time where you have to tap that swaying zombie trying to nib at you. Also I can remember at least 2 scenes having to actually aim down my gun sight to shoot during the entire 5 episodes. He'll definitely need your help on those.

If your dad enjoys the series then good chance he'll love this game.

Oh and if you guys decide to play it eventually, here's a tip: what goes around comes around.

User Info: kuohung

kuohung
6 years ago#4
btw get it on ipad if you have one. smaller screen might be easier. Also, I forgot to mention that there are some scenes that requires you to mash buttons repeatedly (like trying to close doors with tons of zombies on the other side)

User Info: drkpendragon

drkpendragon
6 years ago#5
I've got to say, I think he'll have problems with this game. While some parts will be fine, there is also a bit of action that requires the player to click moving targets in short periods of time, hit buttons repeatedly, and quickly make decisions. Dialog choice, while timed, may be okay as he can use 1, 2, 3, and 4, but the other stuff may pose more of a challenge. If he doesn't mind dying and trying a few times, he might be able to manage, so judge his level of patients and ability to deal with the above mentioned activities. If possible, maybe you could play with him.
There are no heroes in war.--Metal Gear Solid
God didn't create humans, its humans who created God.

User Info: Sangloth

Sangloth
6 years ago#6
Thanks for the responses. It's not what I wanted to hear, but it's what I needed to know...
  1. Boards
  2. The Walking Dead: Episode 1 - A New Day
  3. Does this game require good reflexes or coordination?
  • Topic Archived