• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Walking Dead: Episode 1 - A New Day
  3. You and X% of players chose Blank, *SPOILERS*

User Info: Breathmint

Breathmint
6 years ago#21
Carly had proven herself to be level-headed, confident and composed in stressful situations. She had a decent aim and was a natural leader.
Carly also had the most immediate of threats to deal with. The zombies were INSIDE. After you saved her she proceeds to kill 3 more of them inside. These zombies posed a much more immediate threat than those that Doug was dealing with, and Dougs' sacrifice also provided the group with a much needed distraction (the zombies outside would have turned to his corpse and forgotten about the survivors)
Doug was a nice guy but that's about it. He had a knack for electronics etc but this isn't all that practical in an end of the world type situation where there is a significant lack of power/electronics to begin with.
Carly is also a female, something that is very valuable in an apocalyptic scenario. She is also a potential partner for Lee.

Carly was the obvious choice for me.
This is my signature.

User Info: UBCS_JMac

UBCS_JMac
6 years ago#22
Breathmint posted...
Carly had proven herself to be level-headed, confident and composed in stressful situations. She had a decent aim and was a natural leader.
Carly also had the most immediate of threats to deal with. The zombies were INSIDE. After you saved her she proceeds to kill 3 more of them inside. These zombies posed a much more immediate threat than those that Doug was dealing with, and Dougs' sacrifice also provided the group with a much needed distraction (the zombies outside would have turned to his corpse and forgotten about the survivors)
Doug was a nice guy but that's about it. He had a knack for electronics etc but this isn't all that practical in an end of the world type situation where there is a significant lack of power/electronics to begin with.
Carly is also a female, something that is very valuable in an apocalyptic scenario. She is also a potential partner for Lee.

Carly was the obvious choice for me.

But all that is wrong. A level-headed, natural leader? She couldn't figure out how batteries worked. Also if she was natural leader, why wouldn't she have all her ammo on her. instead of in a bag away from her?

You also dont even know what her name is, which just proves that you only wanted her for one thing.

User Info: Robot_Soopa

Robot_Soopa
6 years ago#23
Carley has a gun and is proficient at using it and is constantly on the move as a reporter.

Doug has AV Club knowledge and is overweight.

Carley's of more use here. Easily.

I'm not surprised Shaun and Duck were so evenly split though.

Even though Shaun is clearly the correct choice to save.

User Info: Kibalnuzuka

Kibalnuzuka
6 years ago#24
I saved Carley because booty, getting some booty, was more important than eating food. it was more important than drinking water man. I LIKE BOOTY
Official Dunsparce of the PMD3 board
Check my profile for FCs.

User Info: Valisun

Valisun
6 years ago#25
Carley was an easy choice for me. She pretty much saved the group of 5 when you guys just arrive outside the pharmacy. She again saves you from the zombie inside the drugstore. Its only right you repay her.

Also somebody who is good with a gun is definitely more important imo than somebody who knows how to program a universal remote.
I I I I I O I I
What you see from the stands when there's a fat cheerleader by PlatinumTLC

User Info: shaun239

shaun239
6 years ago#26
Emuchu posted...
I'm still hung up on Carley putting in those batteries backwards. I mean COME ON.

That's why I chose Doug. Ain't surprised most people chose the girl though...gamers and all...
"Justice is done! Well, not justice, but what I want, which is pretty much the same thing."

User Info: ErocDeromra

ErocDeromra
6 years ago#27
I chose Carley each and every time. Why? Dem feets. If you can high-tail it with shoes like that and a skirt and still make it look good. Well, I'd follow that for a long time. Survival? I can take care of myself. Re-population? Well, I'll need more than a hand Doug could give me for that.
Maturity is nice, but you gotta know when to let go and just enjoy dumb things.

User Info: woolybooly

woolybooly
6 years ago#28
I chose Carley because that's what Doug would have wanted. He saved her once and would probably save her again if it meant giving up his own life.

User Info: Ant_to_the_max

Ant_to_the_max
6 years ago#29
I chose Carley because I thought Doug was already screwed.
Also, I knew this wasn't going to happen, but I thought taking care of the smaller problem would give enough time to solve both. But I knew that wouldn't be possible.

Interesting enough, I took screen caps of the end choices once I got to them. Except for the last one dang it...So mad I didn't hit it...
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/4/26/129167586636177506.gif
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007133925

User Info: eastgotenks

eastgotenks
6 years ago#30
I picked Doug because he seemed more useful to the group. Could use a tech guy instead of some bimbo.
  1. Boards
  2. The Walking Dead: Episode 1 - A New Day
  3. You and X% of players chose Blank, *SPOILERS*
  • Topic Archived