• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Walking Dead: Episode 1 - A New Day
  3. You and X% of players chose Blank, *SPOILERS*

User Info: ertfert

ertfert
6 years ago#1
well at the end it shows what choices people who played picked
most are even except 63% of people were honest to Hershel and only 23% of people picked Doug over Carley

that one i dont understand, Doug has like 3 walkers grabbing him, and that stupid b**** has ONE grabbing her leg
CLEARLY Doug needed more help than her and she could have easily escaped had she not just stood there trying to shoot with an empty magazine

i mean, if shes not willing to help herself, why should i bother?

User Info: REmanZ

REmanZ
6 years ago#2
One of the differences that influenced my decision, was that Doug had Walkers grab him through wooden planks. I thought that was pretty stupid. Carley, on the other hand, had a Walker grab her inside the pharmacy, and another Walker approaching, which I thought was the bigger threat. I also figured her gun would come more in handy than Doug. I saved Carley.
There's no "I" in "Team" -- There's no "we" either...

User Info: digitalwill2000

digitalwill2000
6 years ago#3
REmanZ posted...
One of the differences that influenced my decision, was that Doug had Walkers grab him through wooden planks. I thought that was pretty stupid. Carley, on the other hand, had a Walker grab her inside the pharmacy, and another Walker approaching, which I thought was the bigger threat. I also figured her gun would come more in handy than Doug. I saved Carley.

So you're blatantly forgetting the fact that Doug specifically stated that the windows needed reinforcing, and risked his life trying to hold the window planks steady in order to keep the zombies out? Unlike dumb Carley who despite a zombie attack decides to leave her tampons elsewhere and cant blugeon a simple zombie she should have clearly seen infront of her?

Like OP said, she was in every position to escape, Doug wasn't, and to reitterate, Doug rushed over to the windows in order to stop the zombies coming in through there and obviously got caught when the planks gave way, or were you too busy staring at Carley's ***s to notice this?
Internet Troll = Someone who attempts to aggravate online.
GameFaqs Troll = Anyone with an opinion...

User Info: Emuchu

Emuchu
6 years ago#4
I'm still hung up on Carley putting in those batteries backwards. I mean COME ON.

User Info: kyntrel

kyntrel
6 years ago#5
Emuchu posted...
I'm still hung up on Carley putting in those batteries backwards. I mean COME ON.

ya i figured letting her die was just letting natural selection run its course for the group...

seriously if a zombie apocalypse is going on would you want to stuck with someone who not only doesnt think of checking the batteries in a radio, they also do not understand how to put them in correctly be with you or would you want a someone who is smarter than that and also tech saavy.
Know who else trolls?? MY MOM!!

User Info: SorrySleeping

SorrySleeping
6 years ago#6
The game pretty much tells you one of them is going to die before you make a choice. Most players choose Carley not because of who would be more likely to survive, but who would help out with the group. She obvious is the complete counter to Doug, no IT knowledge, but knows how to use a gun. Being a GREAT shot like that will come in handy. Having a laser pointer really shouldn't come in handy.
~{Always Sleeping}~

User Info: sarevokmb

sarevokmb
6 years ago#7
Emuchu posted...

Actually, that is what was running through my head when I chose Doug.
"The law is only a protection when everyone agrees to be bound by it. We don't." -Thane, Mass Effect 2

User Info: dark trunks

dark trunks
6 years ago#8
So, that's how this game works then?

The game gives you choices, and moulds itself around those choices, you make your choice and someone flies to the forum to ***** because you didn't make the same choice they would have made?

Sounds about right.
"If you've got yourself a dream, work hard, believe in yourself because I know dreams can come true."- Dennis DeYoung 1997

User Info: Ensanguine

Ensanguine
6 years ago#9
I picked Carley because women are more important then men in an apocalypse because ovaries.
"I'm more of a softcore gamer. I'll play naked, but I won't let you see the good stuff." - to_marcus

User Info: FlareKnights

FlareKnights
6 years ago#10
While he didn't know, I wasn't too happy with Doug's comments towards my dead brother. Plus he originally saved Carley so clearly he wanted her to live, I was just fulfilling his wishes...or something. Not only did I think it was safer to go and help Carley, but she'd be pretty damn useful. Negative to using guns, but still having someone who can shoot is key. The IT knowledge is just going to be less and less useful over time.

In the end gut call while under the gun. Wish I could have saved both, but sadly not. Well I'll save going back for him for a replay down the road when all the episodes are out.
"Many think that courage is power. Real courage is when you surpass your own desires to protect something dear.." Dan, Wild Arms
PSN:FlareKnights
  1. Boards
  2. The Walking Dead: Episode 1 - A New Day
  3. You and X% of players chose Blank, *SPOILERS*
  • Topic Archived