• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Walking Dead: Episode 1 - A New Day
  3. Does this game have multiple endings? is there multiple paths in the story?

User Info: skillfactor

skillfactor
7 years ago#1
Basically.. do your choices actually effect the outcome without causing gameover?
i5 2500k (4.7 ghz) / Noctua NH D14 / Crossfired ATI 6970s 2gb / 8 gb ram ddr3 1600 / Corsair 500R White

User Info: aRealCoolGuy

aRealCoolGuy
7 years ago#2
I don't think there are any "dead ends". Really, the only way you can die so far is getting killed by zombies; if that happens, you simply respawn before the event and try again.

User Info: pokemonmaster0

pokemonmaster0
7 years ago#3
The ending is more or less the same, but at the very end you get to walk around camp and talk to everyone in your group and the conversations are a bit different depending on your choices.
There's also a preview for the next episode that is changed based on choices (although as far as I remember largely the same).

User Info: IronTusk

IronTusk
7 years ago#4
Yes, the game changes based on your decisions, as do future episodes. Some changes are obvious (Doug or Carley?), and others are more subtle, like callbacks to certain apparently minor dialogue choices.
Cormorant's new album "Dwellings" now available:
http://cormorant.bandcamp.com/

User Info: xtakeda

xtakeda
6 years ago#5
Im starting to feel like that's not really the case. Sure there are branching paths but they all ultimately collect to one major point and then branch out again. Also there are not that many meaningful choices in my opinion.
Maybe once we get all the episodes out then it will feel like drastic changes and what not but right now It's still to early on to see changes really.

User Info: Darkfyre

Darkfyre
6 years ago#6
Small details change, like someone is friendlier when talking to you when you're nice to them, or they say something about a choice you made earlier, or character A helps you in stead of character B depending on who you helped before. The story itself doesn't change at all though. It's impossible to tell if there are multiple endings since one 2 out of 5 chapters are out at this moment, but from what you can see right now it's just minor variations to the same thing no matter what you choose.

The only thing that really changes a scene is if you fail and die, but then you just automatically get a do-over so it doesn't mean anything.

It's a cool game, but don't expect a different experience if you make different choices.
when anything that's anything becomes nothing that's everything
and nothing is the only thing you ever seem to have

User Info: MidgardDragon99

MidgardDragon99
6 years ago#7
Uh, you can choose who lives or dies at certain points can't you? I consider that pretty major changes based on my decisions.
3DS FC: 4639-9048-2382, Wii FC: 4558-6862-5396-5206, PSN: MidgardDragon
DD Pawn: http://game.capcom.co.jp/DD/en/pawn_detail/?pf=PS3&gid=MidgardDragon

User Info: digitalwill2000

digitalwill2000
6 years ago#8
Wow this topic has almost gone an entire page without some fanboi screaming "yes get this game it es su misunderstud"
Internet Troll = Someone who attempts to aggravate online.
GameFaqs Troll = Anyone with an opinion...
  1. Boards
  2. The Walking Dead: Episode 1 - A New Day
  3. Does this game have multiple endings? is there multiple paths in the story?
  • Topic Archived