• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Metro: Last Light
  3. Random system crash/lock-up with Nvidia GPUs

User Info: Tei-ren

Tei-ren
7 years ago#1
For anyone who's just getting into this game, if you're having problems where at random points your screen goes into standby and your PC freezes, AND you are using a factory overclocked video card, I have a suggestion that worked for me:

Install something like EVGA Precision X, Zotac FireStorm or one of the other GPU tweaking programs, then lower your factory overclock to that of the stock settings for your card, or at least thereabouts. I'm running a pair of Zotac 660ti's in SLI, stock clock for this model is 915MHz but they came from factory at 1032MHz plus boost going up to 1176. After bringing it down to about 930MHz core (boost still adds fixed values on top of that), no more crashing.

I originally came across this brainstorm having spent days browsing various forums until I came across a fellow with an i7 and factory overclocked Titan with the same issue (no BSOD, simply total system freeze) who came up with the idea that solved it for him. Unfortunately I don't remember who or where it's from to give credit, but thought I'd spread the word as there are surely others with the same problem.

Just to add, my PC is totally stable otherwise, I can throw any stress test or benchmark at it, any game including Crysis 3, Planetside 2, or BF4 running at native 1440p, no problems. Only Metro: Last Light seems to choke on the factory GPU overclock.
  1. Boards
  2. Metro: Last Light
  3. Random system crash/lock-up with Nvidia GPUs
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Question regarding savings Helpmalusdominus11/11 11:09AM

GameFAQs Q&A

How to use grenades? Side Quest5 Answers
How to throw knives? Side Quest1 Answer
Where can I find the key to the lockers? Side Quest1 Answer
How can i replace mask filter? Side Quest1 Answer