• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Metro: Last Light
  3. How well is this game optimized compared to the first?

User Info: VVingless_____

VVingless_____
8 years ago#1
I have a GTX 570 and an i5 2500k OC'd to 4.5 Ghz, yet I couldn't play the first game on highest settings (including PhysX, DX11, etc) without getting around 30FPS at some parts (mostly outside).

Is this game optimized any better? Or is it even more resource intensive?

User Info: Pal 080

Pal 080
8 years ago#2
I'd say it runs much better. I never used DX11 mode in Metro 2033 because it's way too overly demanding, this game works much better with the same hardware.
"If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate"

User Info: Snight01

Snight01
8 years ago#3
it runs better but the optimization still is very poor.

The bandits level is a guilty culprit of the poor work on this game. When rescuing the mother and her children the game FPS collapse.

its a poorly developed game.
The Last Tiger Left Alive.

User Info: EpicKingdom_

EpicKingdom_
8 years ago#4
It runs much better imo but it can have some tough spots that dip fps performance but on my rig, I never went below 25fps & barely under 30fps. Most of the times I was pulling off 40fps throughout the game.

User Info: JW ACE

JW ACE
8 years ago#5
I have an AMD Card.....as soon as I unchecked Advanced PhysiX I was able to turn all the other options back on.

So its WAY better optimized.
Currently playing: Luigis Mansion, Jedi Fallen Order, Rage 2, FFXII:ZA
Long live Sierra!!!!
  1. Boards
  2. Metro: Last Light
  3. How well is this game optimized compared to the first?
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Question regarding savings Helpmalusdominus11/11 11:09AM

GameFAQs Q&A

How to use grenades? Side Quest5 Answers
How to throw knives? Side Quest1 Answer
Where can I find the key to the lockers? Side Quest1 Answer
How can i replace mask filter? Side Quest1 Answer