Failed to connect to EA online

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Battlefield 3
  3. Failed to connect to EA online

User Info: Rundy77

Rundy77
4 years ago#1
I just bought BF3 Premium for the PS3 about a couple days ago, heard EA got DDoS attacked or whatever, after I installed BF3, put in the premium code and I couldn't connect. Figuring maybe that was why I couldn't. Kept giving me "failed to connect to ea online ".

But now it says all the servers are up, even PSN and others are saying they are online and gaming but I still can't connect. Don't really know what's going on, anyone else having this problem still? I cant keep spamming it cause all it does is load after I hit X a second time on Multiplayer, it literally just keeps loading and doesn't stop and I have to quit the game or take it out. Tried resetting and everything...

If I would've known their servers were having issues I wouldn't have bought this just yet :(
But I bought it new so I can't even take it back

User Info: ParryACO

ParryACO
4 years ago#2
Keep trying, it's a bug.
http://g.bf3stats.com/ps3/HyMFCBum/ParryACO.png

User Info: psycadelix

psycadelix
4 years ago#3
At the minute if you just click on Multiplayer this message does pop up for me also. The fix (works for me 100% anyway) is click onto "My Soldier" and if it loads up you are then able to go back, click on Multiplayer and play. Dont know WHY it works, but it does.

User Info: SH_expert44

SH_expert44
4 years ago#4
for me i just have to try to connect 3 times to login. right now EA servers are falling apart and i honestly think they wont rush out a fix. They probably have a couple of interns fixing it at their leisure.
g.bf3stats.com/ps3/TxO-WK/REexpert44.png i.imgur.com/iwMm8.gif i.imgur.com/0AZiUHi.gif
i.imgur.com/JL1QA6P.gif

User Info: Rundy77

Rundy77
4 years ago#5
Alright so I did what the one guy said and "Kept trying" and at first I didn't think it was gonna work but I kept doing it, and it kept freezing on loading, so after like 3 tries I turn off the console, turn it back on and then try one more time and finally it works. No clue what's that about, and some people said its if you hav a bad connection. I have 4 to 5 bars with like all the servers so that wasn't it. Goes to show they really need some maitence on this, but thanks for the help, don't feel like I wasted 40 bucks on this now.

Ill be uploading a vid on what exactly I did for people who might also have this problem.

User Info: ParryACO

ParryACO
4 years ago#6
First of all, it shouldn't freeze on loading, sounds like a disc read error.

All you have to do is keep trying to connect and it'll let you connect between the second and fifth try.
http://g.bf3stats.com/ps3/HyMFCBum/ParryACO.png

User Info: ARMR_SagittAxOT

ARMR_SagittAxOT
4 years ago#7
ParryACO posted...

All you have to do is keep trying to connect and it'll let you connect between the second and fifth try.
Kill One Person, Call It Murder;Kill One Thousand, Call It Foreign Policy
Read the snow, 5 Centimeter Per Second...

User Info: jqh97116

jqh97116
4 years ago#8
ARMR_SagittAxOT posted...
ParryACO posted...

DukeTogoG13MR posted... "Go Rambo and go on a knife killing spree like you just bumped 7 lines of Bolivias finest"

User Info: Spetsnaz420

Spetsnaz420
4 years ago#9
Restarting your system is an obvious yet often overlooked troubleshooting technique
PSN: Spetsnaz420

User Info: Junta_Jast

Junta_Jast
4 years ago#10
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Restarting your system is an obvious yet often overlooked troubleshooting technique
"Once again Americans seek to ravage our games as they ravaged Iran. Yesterday Final Fantasy, today Dark Souls, tomorrow Tokyo."
- Japanese on DS II
  1. Boards
  2. Battlefield 3
  3. Failed to connect to EA online

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived