• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Battlefield 3
  3. Played the new maps last night, questions?

User Info: mx7blue

mx7blue
8 years ago#11
Can you explain how the mortar works?

User Info: onetetsuok

onetetsuok
8 years ago#12
Yeah it's pretty cool...Once you select it and it's set on the ground, a mini-map shows up on the bottom left of your screen and you can easily select where you'd like the mortar round to go. Almost seemed a little too easy actually lol
________(====()_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-,
I_iiiii__/'''''''''[{]''''''''{_)_)_)_)_)_}======== www.Youtube.com/wearethelostboyz

User Info: ninjaman148

ninjaman148
8 years ago#13
Did you get a chance to fly any of the helicopters or figjter jets on Operation Firestorm?
Yo Buddy, Still Alive? // Ninjaman217

User Info: LoneReaper115

LoneReaper115
8 years ago#14
How's the splash damage on the mortars and any other explosives you got to try? I felt very underwhelmed at the explosion caused by the RPG-7 and SMAW.
I uh, don't have any bullets. You gonna give me bullets?
Are there bullets up there? Where do I get my gun?

onetetsuok
8 years ago#15
There was one plane you could fly on the Firestorm map from what I played, and the tanks were definitely there as well lol

I don't know exactly what type of plane it was tho, it was very different from the one's we've been seeing on the Caspian Border gameplays
I_iiiii__/'''''''''[{]''''''''{_)_)_)_)_)_}======== www.Youtube.com/wearethelostboyz

User Info: ROBANN_88

ROBANN_88
8 years ago#16
you played with mortar?

tell me everything you know about the mortar, like aiming, firing, animation etc.

EDIT: ninja'd

so it's sorta like the artillery guns in BC1?
Dragonsworn
Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson. They will in fact calm up

onetetsuok
8 years ago#17
The underwhelming splash damage was definitely still there : / I felt the same way when I played the Beta, but maybe if you equip that explosive damage perk it'll make more of an impact? (I forget what that perk's called)

onetetsuok
8 years ago#18
One more thing about the mortar other than what I mentioned above, it REALLY leaves you open to gunfire and snipers depending on where you set it down. The animation of getting out of the mortar took a little more time than I would have liked it to, but I suppose that's in there to balance it out?

User Info: superwampa

superwampa
8 years ago#19
are there still one-shot kill sniper rifles and shotguns?

User Info: ROBANN_88

ROBANN_88
8 years ago#20
so it fires sorta like the artillery guns in BC1?

does elevation play a factor in how far you can reach?
cause if it does i've had this idea of going up in the tower on Caspian Border and shoot it everywhere
Dragonsworn
Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson. They will in fact calm up
  1. Boards
  2. Battlefield 3
  3. Played the new maps last night, questions?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A