• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario 3D Land
  3. So I discovered a glitch while just randomly playing levels today.

User Info: TheMario901

TheMario901
7 years ago#1
I've got the game on launch and even 100%'d it completely yet I still just play around randomly in the levels and that's what lead to me finding this glitch.

I'm sure some of you may have wondered if it was possible to have the bridge break while Bowser was offscreen and indeed it is. However if it DOES happen, the game will just lock up. Not in the sense that it freezes like you took the cartridge out, but Mario is just stuck in place after pressing the switch. Of course you can just exit the course/go to the title screen and everything will be okay. As to how to trigger the glitch....not sure yet but I'll tell you guys what I did.

This was done in World 1's castle. I had the Tanooki suit so I decided to just float over to Bowser instead of taking the long way around (most of you probably did the same) Bowser is at the very edge of the bridge right at the button when he starts shooting fireballs at you so I floated down next to him and he jumped backwards. I did a rolling long jump onto the button and I expected Bowser to jump back toward the edge like he usually does but nope, the bridge broke with him about halfway down it. Maybe if you guys go ahead and try this someone will eventually find how it's triggered. I've done it multiple times but It hasn't worked for me every single time I've done it.

User Info: TheUltraGameBos

TheUltraGameBos
7 years ago#2
Yes! The same happened to me! I was wondering when this would pop up and I thought I was the only one. It was weird, but like you said just exit to the title screen and everything will work fine. It is too bad that you can't exploi lt this glitch (possibly yet MWAHAHA!!)
I am THE Ultra Boss

User Info: TheMario901

TheMario901
7 years ago#3
bump.

User Info: SShredder565

SShredder565
7 years ago#4
Hmm. I hit the button while Bowser was off the screen to the left once. It didn't freeze though, Bowser ran to up to where he was supposed to be and then the whole Bowser falling in the lava scene carried on as usual.
Chief Master Sergeant of the Nintendo Defense Air Force
3DS FC: 2191-7640-6810

User Info: OmegaZero633

OmegaZero633
7 years ago#5
Tried it and can confirm it works.

Idk what practical application this has.
My 3DS FC is 4854-6508-4956. PM me if you want to add me. :D
Former Official Bear-Wrestler of the NDF, Now Retired.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario 3D Land
  3. So I discovered a glitch while just randomly playing levels today.
  • Topic Archived