• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. 3G vita Battery issues

User Info: Kogepan

Kogepan
3 months ago#1
Does anyone's 3G Vita have a battery drain issue when not used?

Naturally you assume batteries will drain when switched off but for some reason my 3G Vita drains far faster (think full to dead within a month on non usage. Whilst the standard battery doesn't even budge)

I've charged both a standard and 3G model at the same time and it's the same situation every time.
I brought a replacement battery for the 3G version (OEM) and it still does the same

I can't for the life figure out why.

User Info: GigaDogqHD

GigaDogqHD
3 months ago#2
Kogepan posted...
I can't for the life figure out why.

Because its old af
There are three types of people on GameFAQS...those that agree with me, those that are wrong, and those that are insane

Kogepan
3 months ago#3
I replaced the battery.
It actually works fine when it's being used, just drains faster than the other VITA when not.

Nevermind after some research I've read that people had 3G units that try to connect to masts even powered off.
I don't know how much truth is in it....solution - to unscrew the 3G board out, time to look for some more evidence before going for it.
Just thought there may be one gfaq user that may have come across the same problem 1st

User Info: i like rpgz

i like rpgz
3 months ago#4
It's not hard to take the 3G modem out, but you're still going to get a message on the Vita saying your modem is missing or it can't connect or something. You'll have to remove the modem and also disable the Vita from searching for it, which can't be done unless you mess with your Vita's firmware.
PSN: turkey_nuggets

Kogepan
3 months ago#5
Do you know if the message for 3G "missing" will be just an annoyance or it will prevent the console from booting.

I can put up with an annoying message but if it makes the VITA unusable (without messing with firmware) then obviously it's pointless for me to even try.

I don't know if it's just me bad at googling but searching through reddit and the like has brought minimal results so any feed back would be much appreciated

User Info: i like rpgz

i like rpgz
3 months ago#6
It will still boot, I think it's just more of an annoyance.
PSN: turkey_nuggets

Kogepan
3 months ago#7
Finally got around to opening the thing.
Just as a test I fully charged the VITA when I first posted and switched the machine off.

One week later or so later it's dead. (today)
Upon seeing all the wires and stuff I didn't really fancy removing the modem so I just unclipped all the cables that connect to it.

I'm going to fully charge and switch off the VITA to see if the battery holds for the week or so.

If it does then great! If not then I'm removing that modem and will be back again to test.

See ya all in a week or so

User Info: JonnyBoyFF

JonnyBoyFF
3 months ago#8
I'm interested to know how well this works for you. I happen to have a 3G Vita and I'm concerned about the longevity of the battery, so this could be helpful to me.
Life's too short to hate! Let's band together!
Become immortal Before it's too late!

User Info: Ranmaje328

Ranmaje328
3 months ago#9
I have a 3G Week Before Release date Launch Black Vita and a White Wi-fi Only Vita. Why is it the 3G Vita Drains Battery Fast Unlike the Wifi Only Vita? In the previous Firmware, we never had a problem until now?!?
Jason Nagal Estioko

Kogepan
3 months ago#10
Hopefully I can confirm if it's the 3G modem that's causing the drain (at least in my case)

Like I mentioned I don't have the issue with my NON 3G model.
My standard model older and been used far more than the 3G model (plus it's still the stock battery)

1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. 3G vita Battery issues
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers