• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Top minds of Google proclaim that Vita 2 would be min. 4x as powerful as Vita

User Info: game player s

game player s
2 months ago#11
It all sounds good in principal, but I want to see the hardware.
Welcome To The Next Level---SEGA
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/

User Info: jagger_wanderer

jagger_wanderer
2 months ago#12
This just in. The processing power of the Vita 2 is 10x more than the Vita 1000 model. It will also have 10x less battery life since the Vita 2 drains so much more electricity. Processing power of newer CPU are upgrading but battery technology has yet to keep up with the demands.
After a few hours of solo, I will admit it does get lonely...

User Info: NeoArashi

NeoArashi
2 months ago#13
tw1g_007 posted...
Soyny is busy being scarred from the experience. I'd be shocked if they even remotely show interest in the handheld market again.

And yet, the Vita has done pretty well in 2017, with over 1 millions units sold in that year. (IIRC, that was the best year in terms of units sold after 2012 and 2013)
My FC: 5301 2862 3777
Send me Donkey Kong Country Challenges! More info at: https://www.facebook.com/Challenge-NeoArashi-1882592348727869/

User Info: tw1g_007

tw1g_007
2 months ago#14
NeoArashi posted...
tw1g_007 posted...
Soyny is busy being scarred from the experience. I'd be shocked if they even remotely show interest in the handheld market again.

And yet, the Vita has done pretty well in 2017, with over 1 millions units sold in that year. (IIRC, that was the best year in terms of units sold after 2012 and 2013)

Done well and Sony's expectations are on two different realms of reality. Sony is never looking to "do well". No. They are looking for complete domination because outside of complete domination Soyny feels they are wasting their time (fans be damned).
MHPortable 3rd AGGL Legend. I am one of the main reasons Bushido & Brave Gunlancing exists today on MHX/X. Please show appropriate respect. Thank you.

NeoArashi
2 months ago#15
tw1g_007 posted...
NeoArashi posted...
tw1g_007 posted...

Done well and Sony's expectations are on two different realms of reality. Sony is never looking to "do well". No. They are looking for complete domination because outside of complete domination Soyny feels they are wasting their time (fans be damned).

Still. Selling more than 1 millions 6 and half years after release when you are on the ''losing team'' is more than ''doing well'' especially since they didn't make a 3rd (4th if you count the PSTV) version of the system.

I remember the 3DS sales skyrocketing to 6 millions in the same year, but that's the year both the SNES New 3DS XL spedial edition and New 2DS XL (Literally what many of the 3DS fan hoped) released. I owuldn't be surprised if the 3DS would have done barely better than the Vita in 2017 if it didn't have a revision.
Send me Donkey Kong Country Challenges! More info at: https://www.facebook.com/Challenge-NeoArashi-1882592348727869/

User Info: Megaman Omega

Megaman Omega
2 months ago#16
NeoArashi posted...
tw1g_007 posted...

I'd hardly call that "doing well", you usually hear about doom and gloom when a big system sells less than 10m a year. Heck, the Switch is selling 18m a year and people won't shut up with the Nintendoom.
"The Switch couldn't handle DooM." - slyman19
"Wolfenstein coming to the Switch? 0% chance." - slyman19

NeoArashi
2 months ago#17
Megaman Omega posted...
NeoArashi posted...
tw1g_007 posted...

I'd hardly call that "doing well", you usually hear about doom and gloom when a big system sells less than 10m a year. Heck, the Switch is selling 18m a year and people won't shut up with the Nintendoom.

Except that a system usually don't sell 10 million/year after 6 years. In fact, in the case of the Vita, due to it's poor sales overall, reaching 7 figures after 6 years is impressive.

And I haven't seen ANYONE say ''Nintendoom'' since the Switch has been released, appart from a couple trolls. I've seen people say the Switch sucks for both legitimate and illegitimate reasons, but not a single people saying Nintendo is doomed (And anyways, they have so much cash in the bank, that they could literally make 4-5 systems that fails like the WiiU and PS Vita back-to-back and still be alive and well.

User Info: Megaman Omega

Megaman Omega
2 months ago#18
NeoArashi posted...
Except that a system usually don't sell 10 million/year after 6 years.

After 6 years, we'd usually be talking about a system's upcoming successor and disregard the system's current sales. Nobody is bothered by the 3DS selling poorly in 2019 now that the Switch is out. Of course the Vita doesn't have a successor on the horizon because it tanked so hard that Sony just ditched the whole handheld market.

The Wii is an example of a system that sold really poorly 6 years in despite being very successful otherwise. Other than that, you'd be hard pressed to find a successful system that only sold 1m a year 6 years in.

NeoArashi posted...
In fact, in the case of the Vita, due to it's poor sales overall, reaching 7 figures after 6 years is impressive.

I'm not sure how much sense it makes to compare sales of a system to its own trajectory rather than the performance of the competition launch aligned. Sure, you get a statement on how leggy its sales are, but what does that say about its overall market position? That's like praising the Wii U for selling "incredibly well" judging its HW around the Smash/MK8 releases relative to what it has been doing before that. If a system sells 1000 units a year 6 years in, is this good if it only sold 2000 units in its first year?

NeoArashi posted...
And I haven't seen ANYONE say ''Nintendoom'' since the Switch has been released, appart from a couple trolls.

So you did see people say it, but they don't count.
"The Switch couldn't handle DooM." - slyman19
"Wolfenstein coming to the Switch? 0% chance." - slyman19
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Top minds of Google proclaim that Vita 2 would be min. 4x as powerful as Vita
  • Topic Archived