• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Top minds of Google proclaim that Vita 2 would be min. 4x as powerful as Vita

User Info: Miu_san

Miu_san
2 months ago#1
https://gigazine.net/gsc_news/en/20190731-nevens-law-quantum-computers/

Top minds of Google proclaim that processing speed is no longer governed by moore's law which doubles processing speed every year which has held in theory until 2015 but doubles upon doubles exponentially. this means that a vita 2 would not follow the same law as the PSP-> Vita transition by being 2x as powerful, but will instead be anywhere from 4x, 16x, 256x, 65536x as powerful. In laymans terms, this means consistent 1080p 60FPS performance on a handheld which is nothing the switch can even achieve.

Greatness Awaits
Haha, just kidding... Unless...?

User Info: Megaman Omega

Megaman Omega
2 months ago#2
Miu_san posted...
Top minds of Google proclaim that Vita 2 would be min. 4x as powerful as Vita

The "Top minds of Google" aren't even aware of the Vita's existence. What you linked is an article containing speculation on quantum computing.

We continue to give it, and if the law of the neven will hold in the future, it can be one indicator to predict the future of quantum computers, but we do not know at this stage.

It'll probably be at least a decade until quantum computers have any practical use (let alone be used in commercial products), and even then they'll only be suited for large-scale number crunching that can make use of quantum algorithms, not general purpose computing.
"The Switch couldn't handle DooM." - slyman19
"Wolfenstein coming to the Switch? 0% chance." - slyman19

User Info: feraldrgn

feraldrgn
2 months ago#3
Computer tech has advanced so quickly over recent years that it's almost stating the obvious.
The next Switch is going to be cool to see, hopefully Nintendo stays on that path.

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
2 months ago#4
Damn, the graphics on this thing are gonna be absolutely INSANE! Any word on release date?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahP41mLAyLw

User Info: Megaman Omega

Megaman Omega
2 months ago#5
feraldrgn posted...
The next Switch is going to be cool to see, hopefully Nintendo stays on that path.

Indeed. I hope Sony releases another handheld too, sometime. The Switch is doing well and I like the direction it took, but competition is always nice.
"The Switch couldn't handle DooM." - slyman19
"Wolfenstein coming to the Switch? 0% chance." - slyman19

User Info: tw1g_007

tw1g_007
2 months ago#6
Soyny is busy being scarred from the experience. I'd be shocked if they even remotely show interest in the handheld market again.
MHPortable 3rd AGGL Legend. I am one of the main reasons Bushido & Brave Gunlancing exists today on MHX/X. Please show appropriate respect. Thank you.

User Info: bith_the_black

bith_the_black
2 months ago#7
tw1g_007 posted...
Soyny is busy being scarred from the experience. I'd be shocked if they even remotely show interest in the handheld market again.

But Nintendo isn't competition, so Sony would dominate the handheld market right?
"When a black moon shines, Light and Dark break apart, the King of Darkness howls"

User Info: tw1g_007

tw1g_007
2 months ago#8
bith_the_black posted...
tw1g_007 posted...

But Nintendo isn't competition, so Sony would dominate the handheld market right?

Lol
MHPortable 3rd AGGL Legend. I am one of the main reasons Bushido & Brave Gunlancing exists today on MHX/X. Please show appropriate respect. Thank you.

User Info: Mya-nee

Mya-nee
2 months ago#9
4X Vita is roughly 100 gflops while Switch undocked is roughly 250 gflops....

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
2 months ago#10
Mya-nee posted...
4X Vita is roughly 100 gflops while Switch undocked is roughly 250 gflops....
But the OP said that "In laymans terms, this means consistent 1080p 60FPS performance on a handheld which is nothing the switch can even achieve".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahP41mLAyLw
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Top minds of Google proclaim that Vita 2 would be min. 4x as powerful as Vita
  • Topic Archived