• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Reminder: Vita version of Mighty No. 9 STILL isn't out

User Info: EternalWaltz

EternalWaltz
2 months ago#1
It has never officially been cancelled.

All three people who are looking forward to it must be pissed!
Kept you waiting, huh?

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
2 months ago#2
Maybe there will be some news at Tokyo Game Show later this year?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTQULHzs-8c

User Info: elsmitty

elsmitty
2 months ago#3
Interesting
3ds friend code - 5069-4253-9174
steam profile - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198077085301/

User Info: Miu_san

Miu_san
2 months ago#4
shoulda made it a PSA to further the lamefaqs leddit transition
Haha, just kidding... Unless...?

User Info: bith_the_black

bith_the_black
2 months ago#5
What can they say now? They can't say it's better than nothing this time. Wonder if a class action suit would be possible seeing as it had cross buy plastered over the front of the PS4 box art for the Vita/PS3 download version? That's gotta be some kind of false advertising if nothing ever comes out right? Could it happen?

Seems to me they'd have to release it.
"When a black moon shines, Light and Dark break apart, the King of Darkness howls"

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
2 months ago#6
bith_the_black posted...
What can they say now? They can't say it's better than nothing this time. Wonder if a class action suit would be possible seeing as it had cross buy plastered over the front of the PS4 box art for the Vita/PS3 download version? That's gotta be some kind of false advertising if nothing ever comes out right? Could it happen?

Seems to me they'd have to release it.

Maybe it's possible to sue the western publisher, Deep Silver, for promising a Vita version with cross-buy but it kind of feels like they were another victim in the scam. They were promised a Vita version by Comcept when signing the contracts. Maybe it's impossible for Deep Silver to take any legal action against Comcept too since that's a Japanese company which has since then been taken over by another Japanese company (Level-5). Comcept is now 'Level-5 Comcept'.

Very few consumers are probably interested enough to start a class action lawsuit too. I actually bought the physical PS4 version partly because of the promised Vita version but it was like 10 bucks so I don't really care enough. Thought the game was decent for an indie action platformer for 10 bucks so I haven't cried myself to sleep over wasted money.

Funny how Comcept created one of the Vita's most beloved games, Soul Sacrifice. They probably did very little development but they at least made the concept for it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTQULHzs-8c

User Info: PortableNewbie

PortableNewbie
2 months ago#7
No loss for me but they really should just admit it's cancelled already.
FGO: Maximus - 415,486,017
Also known as BloodStainedKnight

User Info: Megaman Omega

Megaman Omega
2 months ago#8
EternalWaltz posted...

Probably because no one in their right mind is still expecting it, most likely the developers aren't even aware of the fact that they forgot to cancel it.

Imagine if they release a statement saying it is canceled, I can already picture all the s***ty garme jounalizm headlines. "THIS highly anticipated video gmae that everyone has been waiting for has been canceled, SHOCKING!". Then you go in and read a wall full of "Hue Hue Hue XD MN9 on Vita was cancelled XD LOL hue hue hue XD le outrage XD ecks dee XD XD" and it'll benefit/help/inform absolutely no one.

No thanks.
"The Switch couldn't handle DooM." - slyman19
"Wolfenstein coming to the Switch? 0% chance." - slyman19

User Info: Gotrys

Gotrys
2 months ago#9
EternalWaltz posted...

All three people who are looking forward to it must be pissed!

Reminder: No one cares!

User Info: Ace-of-Clubs

Ace-of-Clubs
2 months ago#10
Reminder: 3DS version of Mighty No. 9 STILL isn't out either. Yet I don't see an equivalent topic on that board posted in the last few days. Hmmm.

As for the REAL reason why they haven't (and IMHO won't) announced the cancellation of the Vita and 3DS versions has to do with bith's comments. As long as an official cancellation is never made, no one can officially claim false advertising or breach of contract or whatever legalese you want to try throwing at them. They also know that as long as they stay quiet about it, it will stay a mostly ignored issue. The second they come out and cancel it is the second they open themselves up to critical articles, fan anger, threats of class action from backers, and just bad p.r. all around.
I am Ace-of-Clubs, and I approve this message.
"oh boy I can't wait to date those samurai guys" - FSABot
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Reminder: Vita version of Mighty No. 9 STILL isn't out
  • Topic Archived