• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Famitsu Week 16 - Aliens, Leotards and Smashing Cardboard VR

User Info: gamezalv

gamezalv
1 month ago#61
Megaman Omega posted...
dwdwdw6 posted...
Man, this massacre by Nintendo is kinda getting boring at this point.

The question is when this is going to change. The PS4 is the only thing that can be considered competition at the moment, but it doesn't look like it's going to put up much of a fight in Japan much longer. Seems like the PS5 is the only thing on the horizon that will be able to compete, but we don't know much about it yet, so it's a bit early to make a guess. Even then I would assume that the move to NA and recent censorship policy changes aren't doing the brand any favors in Japan, so the PS5's value proposition is going to have to be solid.

I personally don't think the ps5 will make much of a difference. Japanese gamers are more handheld-centric and Nintendo being the only one technically making handhelds now, Japan is pretty much theirs (honestly, I hope Nintendo continues with this "hybrid" trend since as someone who loves handheld gaming, the Switch is perfect for me).
"A life of nothing but sleeping and eating? Sign me up. If you want to switch spots, then knock yourself out. Enjoy hard labor!"

User Info: feraldrgn

feraldrgn
1 month ago#62
gamezalv posted...
(honestly, I hope Nintendo continues with this "hybrid" trend since as someone who loves handheld gaming, the Switch is perfect for me).

Agreed, I think it was only way to be able to put current/last gen console quality games on a handheld while still being financially viable.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Famitsu Week 16 - Aliens, Leotards and Smashing Cardboard VR
  • Topic Archived