• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. help in understanding the vita memory

User Info: rantck77

rantck77
1 month ago#1
I've recently been plagued with the "c2-14646-1" error and now I'm in the middle of transferring stuff back into my vita TV from my PS3 after I formatted the vita mem card and hopefully that'll fix my problems

so some stuff I noticed while doing this crap for the 1st time:
1- for the same file, why are the file sizes different on my vita compared to what's being transferred into my ps3?

2- the DLC I have for the game muramasa rebirth seems to be "untouchable" in that I can't select it to transfer nor delete and everything still works fine even after I formatted the mem card, how the hell's that possible?
What happened to fun? Our insurance doesn't cover it.
"When you stop doing things for fun, you might as well be dead." Ernest Hemingway

User Info: GodMWOLF

GodMWOLF
1 month ago#2
Usually all vita dlc data and the game are combined once you install it and can't take them apart.

For the different memory size, I'm not sure but it would make sense that the vita needs a bit more since it actually plays and uses the data while the PS3 just holds it.
(So basically idk for that one)
Only if you're my partner in time
Psn:mwolfizcool

User Info: Gotrys

Gotrys
1 month ago#3
rantck77 posted...
1- for the same file, why are the file sizes different on my vita compared to what's being transferred into my ps3?

Bubbles are not transferable. That's usually 1-2MB. There are also 'special cases' like Corpse Party Blood Drive for example. It's 1536MB on Vita, and 1499MB after the transfer. That 37MB is the size of the bubble + manual.

User Info: game player s

game player s
1 month ago#4
rantck77 posted...
I've recently been plagued with the "c2-14646-1" error and now I'm in the middle of transferring stuff back into my vita TV from my PS3 after I formatted the vita mem card and hopefully that'll fix my problems

so some stuff I noticed while doing this crap for the 1st time:

2- the DLC I have for the game Muramasa Rebirth seems to be "untouchable" in that I can't select it to transfer nor delete and everything still works fine even after I formatted the mem card, how the hell's that possible?

1. Different storage compression technologies are in use on the systems. As a result file size is not static, meaning it will vary.

2. Unless you performed a "format" of the memory card from the Vita's diagnostic mode menu, not everything will delete.
Welcome To The Next Level---SEGA
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/

User Info: tw1g_007

tw1g_007
1 month ago#5
Does anyone know a full proof website to order these cards from? I really need spares which I have been putting off for years now. I'm thinking of just biting the bullet for a 32GB from Amazon Japan but I don't know. My 64GB is still kicking with no issues (never even resorted to a database refresh or w/e) but I get this constant nagging feeling on getting a spare just as a precaution for when my 64GB kicks the bucket <knock on wood>.
MHPortable 3rd AGGL Legend. I am one of the main reasons Bushido & Brave Gunlancing exists today on MHX/X. Please show appropriate respect. Thank you.

rantck77
1 month ago#6
So l’m getting the same error code when l try to start up the game, is there a possibility that it’s the cart itself? I bought it years ago brand new and barely touched it.

also I've been using a 32GB, the only mem card I ever bought, still have the 8GB that came with the system
"When you stop doing things for fun, you might as well be dead." Ernest Hemingway

rantck77
1 month ago#7
game player s posted...
2. Unless you performed a "format" of the memory card from the Vita's diagnostic mode menu, not everything will delete.

I saw howto vids for the vita but not for the vita TV, it has to be different otherwise I would need more than 2 hands

looks like it was the game data that was causing issues
1- I deleted game data again
2- restarted game with no DLCs, everything was ok, saving and loading was fine
3- transferred game data + DLCs from PS3 over
4- game won't start
5- swapped out 32GB for 8GB mem card
6- repeat 1-3 only to end up at 4 again
7- swapped back to 32GB, deleted game data, redownload DLCs and games seems to be working (so far)

I lost my save data of 2hrs, hopefully that was the worst

edit - weird thing I noticed while I was using the 8GB card, somehow game data from "newer games" were on there while I've been playing them on my 32GB card

User Info: game player s

game player s
1 month ago#8
Some games actually save to the game cart itself.
Welcome To The Next Level---SEGA
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/

rantck77
1 month ago#9
ok but the mystery here was, there was data from "fate extella" (which I bought back in 2017) on my 8GB card while I was managing the data from the "corrupted game", and I never played extella using the 8GB card

pretty much I've been using the 32GB since day 1 when I got the vita tv in 2015
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. help in understanding the vita memory
  • Topic Archived