You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. My Vita's touch controls aren't doing so good. Help, please!

User Info: gamezalv

gamezalv
4 weeks ago#21
tw1g_007 posted...
gamezalv posted...
J_B posted...
gamezalv posted...
I keep my room clean, always. I'm not a slob like you.

hahahahahahahahahaha

yet my joycons work fine

#checkmate

Aww... You're just sad and possibly mad that someone pointed out a stupid design decision that Nintendo made with the Switch, aren't you? The drifting problem is widespread and reported by multiple Switch owners on different gaming boards. I mean, it's super hilarious that the issue is so prevalent that there's a topic stickied on the Switch board here at Gamefaqs. So yeah, you can take that checkmate and shove it up your ass. It'll go in easily since that's where you got it from in the first place.

I got the drifting problem too but thankfully solved it pretty easily. Sad thing is people are literally buying new replacements when all they needed to do was use a contact cleaner.

Yes I'm aware of the contact cleaner method but my point is, why should a problem like this exist in the first place? Who honestly thought that a flap under the joysticks where a good idea? What does it add to the system?
"A life of nothing but sleeping and eating? Sign me up. If you want to switch spots, then knock yourself out. Enjoy hard labor!"

User Info: tw1g_007

tw1g_007
4 weeks ago#22
gamezalv posted...
tw1g_007 posted...
gamezalv posted...
J_B posted...
gamezalv posted...

hahahahahahahahahaha

yet my joycons work fine

#checkmate

Aww... You're just sad and possibly mad that someone pointed out a stupid design decision that Nintendo made with the Switch, aren't you? The drifting problem is widespread and reported by multiple Switch owners on different gaming boards. I mean, it's super hilarious that the issue is so prevalent that there's a topic stickied on the Switch board here at Gamefaqs. So yeah, you can take that checkmate and shove it up your ass. It'll go in easily since that's where you got it from in the first place.

I got the drifting problem too but thankfully solved it pretty easily. Sad thing is people are literally buying new replacements when all they needed to do was use a contact cleaner.

Yes I'm aware of the contact cleaner method but my point is, why should a problem like this exist in the first place? Who honestly thought that a flap under the joysticks where a good idea? What does it add to the system?

Nintendo is usually known for A-1 quality so eventually a slip up was bound to happen. Why do you think they are so quick to do a rehash besides addressing the hacking issue? Not really surprising as they know they f***ed up big time with those s***ty Joycons.
MHPortable 3rd AGGL Legend. I am one of the main reasons Bushido & Brave Gunlancing exists today on MHX/X. Please show appropriate respect. Thank you.

gamezalv
4 weeks ago#23
tw1g_007 posted...
Nintendo is usually known for A-1 quality so eventually a slip up was bound to happen. Why do you think they are so quick to do a rehash besides addressing the hacking issue? Not really surprising as they know they f***ed up big time with those s***ty Joycons.

Yep. If Nintendo makes a joycon without the flaps then I'll buy a pair myself. But at the present, the issue exists. Hand-waving it as something that's not real or something that's not prevalent (especially when you have a topic stickied on the Switch board detailing ways to deal with this drifting issue and you don't have anything like that on the other boards) is silly imo and shows signs of fanboyism.
"A life of nothing but sleeping and eating? Sign me up. If you want to switch spots, then knock yourself out. Enjoy hard labor!"

gamezalv
4 weeks ago#24
I'm not saying that the Switch itself is of poor quality. I love, absolutely love, the design of the Switch and it's currently my most played gaming system as well. The joycons as a controller are amazing as well. Just that this one flaw, the flap under the joysticks, is a baffling issue and that it causes the sticks to drift even if the slightest dust gets under it.

User Info: Holy7777

Holy7777
4 weeks ago#25
What was the problem with joycon drifting?

And most importantly, why I never has this kind of problem?
PSN ID : Soray777 ( US ) , FC : 2426-9390-7905
Playing : KH3 ( PS4 ) , Child of light ( Vita) , HW & Super Smash ( Switch ) , Aion ( PC )

User Info: J_B

J_B
4 weeks ago#26
gamezalv posted...
J_B posted...
gamezalv posted...

hahahahahahahahahaha

yet my joycons work fine

#checkmate

Nah, maybe you guys should stop using the joycons with Cheetos encrusted fingers. wash your hands
https://imgur.com/nMTvuEg - Out weeb me - https://myanimelist.net/profile/J_B
Backslash heard around the world - http://y2u.be/VtYi4ATmA1w

gamezalv
4 weeks ago#27
Holy7777 posted...
What was the problem with joycon drifting?

And most importantly, why I never has this kind of problem?

There are these circular flaps under the joysticks of the joycons and are prone to dust/dirt accumulation which ends up with the joysticks drifting (e.g. When you're playing a game the character will move on its own without you even touching the joysticks). Now if you're lucky and maybe you live in a country with cleaner air, then you'll not face this issue (although if the slightest dust enters the flaps then you're screwed). If you're like me and live in country with pretty bad dust pollution then you're f***ed.

J_B posted...
Nah, maybe you guys should stop using the joycons with Cheetos encrusted fingers. wash your hands

I do. Like I said, I'm not a slob like you. But hey, ignore the fact that there's a topic stickied (lol) on the Switch board detailing ways to deal with joycon drifting. Keep telling yourself that this isn't a prevalent issue if it helps you calm down and sleep soundly at night.

User Info: Holy7777

Holy7777
4 weeks ago#28
@gamezalv

Ok...but do you live at a State that air is bad...?
I live at Canada so the air is pretty much clean
PSN ID : Soray777 ( US ) , FC : 2426-9390-7905
Playing : KH3 ( PS4 ) , Child of light ( Vita) , HW & Super Smash ( Switch ) , Aion ( PC )

User Info: tw1g_007

tw1g_007
4 weeks ago#29
Holy7777 posted...
@gamezalv

I don't know why this is hard to believe. I play indoors 100% of the time and I don't smoke cigs. I take immaculate care of all my consoles. It. Will. Happen. To. You. Eventually. Guaranteed. Want proof? I played Disgaea 5 pretty heavily for over 500 hours and nothing. Then played Monster Hunter Gen Ulti for about 300 hrs or so before it finally started to go into effect. I always have clean hands when playing during handheld mode. I am also diligent in keeping my Switch back in its protective case when done and yet I couldn't prevent the drifting from finally occurring. Sure I've fixed it now but eventually I am sure it will come up again so its definitely a design flaw.
MHPortable 3rd AGGL Legend. I am one of the main reasons Bushido & Brave Gunlancing exists today on MHX/X. Please show appropriate respect. Thank you.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

gamezalv
4 weeks ago#30
Holy7777 posted...
@gamezalv

I live in Bangladesh and the "air" here is horrible.

tw1g_007 posted...
I don't know why this is hard to believe. I play indoors 100% of the time and I don't smoke cigs. I take immaculate care of all my consoles. It. Will. Happen. To. You. Eventually. Guaranteed. Want proof? I played Disgaea 5 pretty heavily for over 500 hours and nothing. Then played Monster Hunter Gen Ulti for about 300 hrs or so before it finally started to go into effect. I always have clean hands when playing during handheld mode. I am also diligent in keeping my Switch back in its protective case when done and yet I couldn't prevent the drifting from finally occurring. Sure I've fixed it now but eventually I am sure it will come up again so its definitely a design flaw.

^This. You can't avoid the drifting issues. The flap is there. The slightest dust that goes under it will lead to the joycons going haywire.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. My Vita's touch controls aren't doing so good. Help, please!