• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. So what's everyone up to lately? (76)

User Info: FSABot

FSABot
2 months ago#481
In Japanese high school, senpai means they are their senior year

It's like why Rise is all Senpai every other line
I7 8700k 5.0ghz, RTX 2070 OC, 32GB DDR4 2666mhz
Playing: Assassins Creed Odyssey (PC), Sabbat of the Witch (PC), Yakuza Kiwami (PC)

User Info: Adult_Neptune

Adult_Neptune
2 months ago#482
I just looked it up.
https://www.lingualift.com/blog/senpai-kohai/

In Japan, the senpai-kohai system underlies nearly all relationships. Although there is no exact translation into English, senpai (先輩) means an upperclassman, senior employee or other older person with whom you have dealings. Conversely, kohai (後輩) is the junior or lower person.
THEN THE WINGED HUSSARS ARRIVED
Sabaton's new album The Great War releases July 19. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCZP1-JsD0M

User Info: blacknight06

blacknight06
2 months ago#483
i am pogo the monkey posted...
blacknight06 posted...
Adult_Neptune posted...
blacknight06 posted...
Sprinkles_ASAP posted...
What's even funnier is that Steam had banned or censored more games in the last year than the ESRB, Sony, Nintendo or anyone has this entire gen lmao

lol @ comparing Steam to locked platforms that don't even allow adult content to begin with. Steam also doesn't require your game to get an ESRB rating.

Steam does, however, require your game to not hurt any fee-fees.

more like, they require your game to not hurt their business.

Lets face the facts here. Sexualization of minors and Rape simulators is bad for business. simple as that.

Yeah, I’m sure there’s thousands of people who will stop buying games on Steam because some anime games being available trigger them. There aren’t And even if they wanted to, Steam has no competition so good luck with that.

In other words #fakenews

lol? it's called bad press, losing your advertisers, getting booted off of mobile phones (android, apple) that carry your app, getting the attention of politicians that can enforce regulations on your company, etc. Politicians literally discussed Rape Day in UK parliament.

Bad for Business.

#fact

User Info: Sethman409

Sethman409
2 months ago#484
Adult_Neptune posted...
-Meruru posted...
FSABot posted...
J_B posted...
But there are really 18 year olds in high school that look like kids

This is discrimination

But what about the 1st year who constantly calls you Senpai

Senpai don't mean necessary she is more younger than you or underage, senpai is thrown around pretty free in japanese media, is a respectful form to adress someone you don't know well.

I thought senpai just meant someone who would be considered your superior. Like, this 70 year old guy I work with who helped me with my CDL would be my senpai while this 19 year old guy who I'm helping with his CDL would be my kohai.

I've always thought of it as you're on the same level (both students, same job level, etc.) but the other person is more knowledgeable than yourself.
Ib, Persona 4G, Explorers of Sky, Stella Glow, Bayonetta 2, Uncharted 4, Persona 5, Criminal Girls, Smash: Ultimate, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Xenoblade 2, Overwatch

Adult_Neptune
2 months ago#485
Sethman409 posted...
Adult_Neptune posted...
-Meruru posted...
FSABot posted...
J_B posted...
But there are really 18 year olds in high school that look like kids

This is discrimination

But what about the 1st year who constantly calls you Senpai

Senpai don't mean necessary she is more younger than you or underage, senpai is thrown around pretty free in japanese media, is a respectful form to adress someone you don't know well.

I thought senpai just meant someone who would be considered your superior. Like, this 70 year old guy I work with who helped me with my CDL would be my senpai while this 19 year old guy who I'm helping with his CDL would be my kohai.

I've always thought of it as you're on the same level (both students, same job level, etc.) but the other person is more knowledgeable than yourself.

That seems like it's a part of it. It's definitely not dependent on age. In One Piece Bartolomeo calls Luffy "Luffy-senpai" even though he's 24 and Luffy is 19. I assume that's because Luffy has more experience as a pirate than Bart.
Sabaton's new album The Great War releases July 19. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCZP1-JsD0M

User Info: -Meruru

-Meruru
2 months ago#486
Adult_Neptune posted...

It mean that, but usually in japanese galges any girl that it have a younger look over you or think you are more skilled or important in the school hierarchy will call you like that, the term have being fetished just like oni-chan.
"lmao" - dwdwdw6

User Info: FSABot

FSABot
2 months ago#487
Y'all don't watch and play as much Japanese high school stuff as I do. It's only about upper class men in that scenario. Ive never heard some upperclassmen call a 1st year Senpai
I7 8700k 5.0ghz, RTX 2070 OC, 32GB DDR4 2666mhz
Playing: Assassins Creed Odyssey (PC), Sabbat of the Witch (PC), Yakuza Kiwami (PC)

Adult_Neptune
2 months ago#488
FSABot posted...
Y'all don't watch and play as much Japanese high school stuff as I do. It's only about upper class men in that scenario. Ive never heard some upperclassmen call a 1st year Senpai

Well, in school I think senpai would usually mean someone older since they normally would have more experience. I'm not sure how Japanese schools work, but if it's anything like American schools then there's a possibility that a high school junior could be younger than a sophomore if they were the youngest/oldest of their respective year. In that case I think the junior would definitely be a senpai even if he's younger.
blacknight06 posted...
i am pogo the monkey posted...
blacknight06 posted...
Adult_Neptune posted...
blacknight06 posted...
Sprinkles_ASAP posted...
What's even funnier is that Steam had banned or censored more games in the last year than the ESRB, Sony, Nintendo or anyone has this entire gen lmao

lol @ comparing Steam to locked platforms that don't even allow adult content to begin with. Steam also doesn't require your game to get an ESRB rating.

Steam does, however, require your game to not hurt any fee-fees.

more like, they require your game to not hurt their business.

Lets face the facts here. Sexualization of minors and Rape simulators is bad for business. simple as that.

Yeah, I’m sure there’s thousands of people who will stop buying games on Steam because some anime games being available trigger them. There aren’t And even if they wanted to, Steam has no competition so good luck with that.

In other words #fakenews

lol? it's called bad press, losing your advertisers, getting booted off of mobile phones (android, apple) that carry your app, getting the attention of politicians that can enforce regulations on your company, etc. Politicians literally discussed Rape Day in UK parliament.

Bad for Business.

#fact

Gonna need a citation for SJW gaming press leading to all those things you mentioned. The UK is irrelevant compared to the US market, and in the US video games are protected under the 1st amendment:
A 7-2 majority of the Court found the law violated the First Amendment, affirming that free speech applies to digital content and new media as much as to traditional literature.

https://www.cnet.com/news/video-games-given-full-first-amendment-protection/

#fakenews
Anaheim Ducks
Angels

User Info: forbs

forbs
2 months ago#490
Ultraman this season wtf, are they gonna reboot the series now with cute girls?
[23:20] Sneetch: Sneetch<Everyone
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. So what's everyone up to lately? (76)
  • Topic Archived