• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Prototype PS Vita Go hits Ebay! Only $20K

User Info: EternalWaltz

EternalWaltz
4 weeks ago#1
https://ebay.to/2Fvcuvq
Kept you waiting, huh?

User Info: -Hyperdimension

-Hyperdimension
4 weeks ago#2
Looks pretty cool, I wonder what you can do on it
Neptunia Rebirth;3 is the highest user-rated localized JRPG - 96% 1,768+ Votes and counting. "I think you're the fake hedgehog around here."

User Info: tw1g_007

tw1g_007
4 weeks ago#3
Who in their right mind is gonna buy this for $20K? Its highly tempting putting this on my watch list just to see if anyone ever bites.
MHPortable 3rd AGGL Legend. I am one of the main reasons Bushido & Brave Gunlancing exists today on MHX/X. Please show appropriate respect. Thank you.

User Info: GodMWOLF

GodMWOLF
4 weeks ago#4
Would love this

Did always want a go version of the vita, loved the psp go, was my favorite version of the system.

Geez Sony, you could've sold this instead of a worse version of the oled models
Only if you're my partner in time
Psn:mwolfizcool

User Info: game player s

game player s
4 weeks ago#5
The Sega Neptune wasn't able to be sold for $15,000, don't see anyway this is going to have better luck at five grand more.
Welcome To The Next Level---SEGA
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/

User Info: -Hyperdimension

-Hyperdimension
4 weeks ago#6
game player s posted...
The Sega Neptune wasn't able to be sold for $15,000

thats before nepu, now sell it
Neptunia Rebirth;3 is the highest user-rated localized JRPG - 96% 1,768+ Votes and counting. "I think you're the fake hedgehog around here."

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
4 weeks ago#7
I highly doubt he can get anywhere near $20k for it. Something like the SNES PlayStation CD add-on was interesting from a tech and historical perspective but this is just a rejected design idea and more or less a brick.

Of course there are people with more money than they know how to spend but still, $20k?
Big fan of video games.

User Info: game player s

game player s
4 weeks ago#8
Yeah, $20,000 is at or above the average annual income of about half the nation, someone is extremely optimistic about the value of that. Is it a neat piece of tech? Sure. But at the end of the day its more or less a museum piece to gawk at.

-Hyperdimension posted...
game player s posted...

No, I'm pretty sure the first HDN game for the PS3 was already out when the first of the two Sega Neptune's was offered up for sale on the open market. End of the day, stuff like this is really neat, but value of what someone is actually willing to pay for a prototype isn't anywhere close to what the asking prices are. If I remember correctly, the one Neptune eventually ended up selling for around $8,000, and the second Neptune was sold privately to that video game museum that some joke of a university owns and operates up north for a undisclosed price around the same time as the first one that had been revealed and put on market finally sold. But really, the one that sold for around $8,000 was relisted online repeatedly for several months before it was finally sold, and it had more publicity than anyone could have ever wished for. But if you're asking to much, your simply asking to much. No one was willing/able to pony up the kind of money the owner was originally seeking and it took the owner months of gradually reducing the asking price to finally get money out of it.

Same thing will happen with this vita prototype. After it drops below $10,000 for asking price, that's when someone may finally buy it, but I seriously don't see anyone, except maybe Sony themselves (doubtful) buying it for over ten grand.
Welcome To The Next Level---SEGA
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/

User Info: tw1g_007

tw1g_007
4 weeks ago#9
game player s posted...
Yeah, $20,000 is at or above the average annual income of about half the nation, someone is extremely optimistic about the value of that. Is it a neat piece of tech? Sure. But at the end of the day its more or less a museum piece to gawk at.

The seller knows 99% of eBay's consumers won't touch that even if they make boatloads of money. The seller is hoping his posting gets clout to reach Sony reps so they purchase it off his hands. These guys seem to have an agenda either way.
MHPortable 3rd AGGL Legend. I am one of the main reasons Bushido & Brave Gunlancing exists today on MHX/X. Please show appropriate respect. Thank you.

User Info: bith_the_black

bith_the_black
4 weeks ago#10
game player s posted...

-Hyperdimension posted...
game player s posted...

No, I'm pretty sure the first HDN game for the PS3 was already out when the first of the two Sega Neptune's was offered up for sale on the open market. End of the day, stuff like this is really neat, but value of what someone is actually willing to pay for a prototype isn't anywhere close to what the asking prices are. If I remember correctly, the one Neptune eventually ended up selling for around $8,000, and the second Neptune was sold privately to that video game museum that some joke of a university owns and operates up north for a undisclosed price around the same time as the first one that had been revealed and put on market finally sold. But really, the one that sold for around $8,000 was relisted online repeatedly for several months before it was finally sold, and it had more publicity than anyone could have ever wished for. But if you're asking to much, your simply asking to much. No one was willing/able to pony up the kind of money the owner was originally seeking and it took the owner months of gradually reducing the asking price to finally get money out of it.

Same thing will happen with this vita prototype. After it drops below $10,000 for asking price, that's when someone may finally buy it, but I seriously don't see anyone, except maybe Sony themselves (doubtful) buying it for over ten grand.

Agreed.
"When a black moon shines, Light and Dark break apart, the King of Darkness howls"
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Prototype PS Vita Go hits Ebay! Only $20K
  • Topic Archived