• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Wait for E3, Vita's not dead yet. Sony won't let it die without a swan song.

User Info: GodMWOLF

GodMWOLF
1 month ago#31
Catherine would've been one sweet swan song for the vita.

Too bad Atlus and Sony both killed that option for the west
Only if you're my partner in time
Psn:mwolfizcool

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
1 month ago#32
bith_the_black posted...
BoomerTheGreat posted...
Is Nintendo directs cool now?

Compared to Sony's State of Play what isn't? That was hot melting garbage. At least now we know why they aren't going to E3. Why spend all that money on going and putting on theatricality when all you have is some VR bullcrap in the works. Sony is resting on their laurels. Right now they think they're the only game in town and nothing can touch them.

Their State of Play grand debut was a joke, their censorship is pushing away creators, the PlayStation Classic was a piece of garbage cash grab, and right now the only ones really defending them are the corporate loyal superfans. Lum is right, they're really nothing but a joke now. They better be saving that Final Fantasy VII remake for the PS5, because God knows they need it.

Let's focus on a toy holiday season cash-in, ultra-niche panties games plus a YouTube program and forget about the record breaking profits and first party triumph of 2018 with three first party games topping 90 on Metacritic, one of them going on to win a majority of all GOTY awards.

Sony doing fine where it matters, their games are selling, their services are selling and their consoles are selling. The PlayStation division is financially doing better than ever.

There is no PlayStation crisis apart from in the heads of a few ignorant people who think their opinions matter more than they actually do in the real world.
Big fan of video games.

User Info: Lum_Yatsura

Lum_Yatsura
1 month ago#33
I suppose. The niche games everybody is whining how Sony's been treating lately are insignificant to the bigger picture.
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1124-lums-ufo-comedy-anime-and-manga

User Info: mashedcornships

mashedcornships
1 month ago#34
I like how everyone still expects exclusives for the Vita while the Switch board is happy getting ports and multiplatform games galore. Outside of First Party, they have gotten like five third party exclusives max, and four of these have yet to release..

Octopath
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
Astral Chain
Bayonetta 3
SMT5.
"When I become mod I'm gonna remember ALL OF YOUR NAMES." Pipe dream from a terrible poster
-

User Info: FSABot

FSABot
1 month ago#35
You could probably combine the sales of all these niche Japanese games released last year and it wouldn't come close to what God of War or Spiderman did by themselves
I7 8700k 5.0ghz, RTX 2070 OC, 32GB DDR4 2666mhz
Playing: Assassins Creed Odyssey (PC), Sabbat of the Witch (PC), Yakuza Kiwami (PC)

User Info: gamezalv

gamezalv
1 month ago#36
mashedcornships posted...
I like how everyone still expects exclusives for the Vita while the Switch board is happy getting ports and multiplatform games galore. Outside of First Party, they have gotten like five third party exclusives max, and four of these have yet to release..

Octopath
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
Astral Chain
Bayonetta 3
SMT5.

If I'm not mistaken, most people were hoping for proper 1st party support for the Vita as well. I personally wanted more ports and multiplatform games for the Vita, especially when they announced that 3rd party relations thing that got us a broken port of Borderlands 2 (which in the hindsight, I enjoyed a lot).

In this day and age you're not going to get many exclusive 3rd party titles (unless they are indies or funded in some way by Nintendo). But as someone who loves portable gaming, I'd much rather prefer my multiplatform games on a portable system (where applicable of course) and I don't mind ports as well (especially if they are from games that I haven't played before e.g. The soon to be released Darksiders port).
"A life of nothing but sleeping and eating? Sign me up. If you want to switch spots, then knock yourself out. Enjoy hard labor!"

User Info: PortableNewbie

PortableNewbie
1 month ago#37
GodMWOLF posted...
Catherine would've been one sweet swan song for the vita.

Too bad Atlus and Sony both killed that option for the west

Yeah. A missed opportunity. ;.;
FGO: Maximus - 415,486,017
Also known as BloodStainedKnight

User Info: Darkbend

Darkbend
1 month ago#38
More like a bullet dodged than a missed opportunity tbh. The Vita audience is a bit on the small side.
"It mostly comes down to the fact that if you're close enough to touch Batman's cape, you're already unconscious."
-buddhamonster

User Info: gamezalv

gamezalv
1 month ago#39
Darkbend posted...
More like a bullet dodged than a missed opportunity tbh. The Vita audience is a bit on the small side.

Honestly they could've done a digital only release for the Vita version. Wouldn't have been hard or costly to do since they're already localising the ps4 version.
"A life of nothing but sleeping and eating? Sign me up. If you want to switch spots, then knock yourself out. Enjoy hard labor!"
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Wait for E3, Vita's not dead yet. Sony won't let it die without a swan song.
  • Topic Archived