• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. It's kinda sad how the Vita turned out

User Info: Yggdrasille

Yggdrasille
1 month ago#41
gamezalv posted...
Yggdrasille posted...
What kind of potential did it have exactly?

Console gaming on the go. Games like Uncharted and Killzone showed that the Vita was capable of more than it got. Tbh, I have no regrets with purchasing a Vita day one and how it turned out to be.

You still have Remote play for that "console gaming on the go" thing.
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Ygdrasille.png
Favourite games: Tales of Xillia 1/2, Trails of Cold Steel 1/2, Suikoden V, Shadow Hearts 2, Valkyrie Profile 2

User Info: gamezalv

gamezalv
1 month ago#42
Yggdrasille posted...
You still have Remote play for that "console gaming on the go" thing.

For me, personally, remote play has been a horrible experience. There's notable amount of input lag and/or the connection tends to get lost whenever I end up moving to another room. Not to mention, console gaming on the go doesn't mean much if I'm can't play when there's no WiFi around.
"A life of nothing but sleeping and eating? Sign me up. If you want to switch spots, then knock yourself out. Enjoy hard labor!"

User Info: Ralizah

Ralizah
1 month ago#43
I've never gotten remote play to work well, and, even if it did, as @gamezalv points out, the streaming requirement makes the portability practically pointless in the first place.

I'm happy with my Vita, but yeah, it could have been so much more than it turned out to be.

Thankfully, the Switch exists.

User Info: Yggdrasille

Yggdrasille
1 month ago#44
But you still have that option regardless of some technical issues you might experience so it's better than no such option at all.
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Ygdrasille.png
Favourite games: Tales of Xillia 1/2, Trails of Cold Steel 1/2, Suikoden V, Shadow Hearts 2, Valkyrie Profile 2

User Info: Shiiiru

Shiiiru
1 month ago#45
At the end of the day, potential means absolutely nothing.

-Meruru posted...
Nobody wanted that watered down stuff hence why didn't sold enough and nobody release more. instead console gaming in the go, you mean AAA filth in the go, because i played console games in the go in Vita, learn this, AAA are about the best graphics, most Vita users will prefer to play that stuff in actual consoles hence why failed to flourish.

The Vita could have worked as it was initially marketed by Sony but too many factors worked against it.
PSN: Shiiiro- Switch FC: 5371-7893-8798
If you can imagine a world, believe in it...and dive in.

User Info: gamezalv

gamezalv
1 month ago#46
Ralizah posted...

Honestly, I wouldn't have bothered with the Switch if it wasn't a portable system in the first place.
"A life of nothing but sleeping and eating? Sign me up. If you want to switch spots, then knock yourself out. Enjoy hard labor!"

User Info: Ralizah

Ralizah
1 month ago#47
gamezalv posted...
Ralizah posted...

Honestly, I wouldn't have bothered with the Switch if it wasn't a portable system in the first place.

Being a Wii U and PS4 owner, I'd have waited a few years for the exclusives to really pile up if it was just another home console. Being able to play games like Okami HD, Valkyria Chronicles 4, REmake, Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8, etc. in a fully portable state, though? Hell yes! First system I ever bought at launch, and I don't regret it a bit.

I know they're controversial, but I also really like playing with the joycons when they're detached from the grip.

Even if it had been a boring home console, though, and I didn't care for most of Nintendo's franchises, I'd have purchased one eventually for SMT V. I'm so excited about that game.

User Info: Shiiiru

Shiiiru
1 month ago#48
Ralizah posted...
I'd have purchased one eventually for SMT V. I'm so excited about that game.

Won't see the game for another 1-2 years but yeah pretty hyped too.
PSN: Shiiiro- Switch FC: 5371-7893-8798
If you can imagine a world, believe in it...and dive in.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. It's kinda sad how the Vita turned out
  • Topic Archived