• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Tips for MGS3 on Vita?

User Info: Toadsworth

Toadsworth
4 weeks ago#1
Hi,

I recently got an itch to play some MGS games again. So I have the HD collection, and I'm having a hard time adjusting. It's somewhat a control issue, but also the fact that this game was designed to be played presumably on a large TV.

I'm finding it hard to see the enemies, and the control sticks seem to be very sensitive when doing first person, or even when sneaking and hiding in third person.

Also the depth of how far away enemies are/how far their field of vision is.

Did anyone else experience this? After having played on a large screen and moving to a small one?

If I put the difficulty down, does it lessen the enemies field of vision? Put less enemies on the map?
La historia es nuestra.
https://i.imgtc.com/9hytMbM.jpg

User Info: feraldrgn

feraldrgn
4 weeks ago#2
A post here describes the difficulty differences when going higher, so yes choosing a lower difficulty will lessen the patrols & enemy sight:

https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/what_are_the_difficulty_differences_in_mgs3_snake_eater....fron_very_easy_to_e.extreme_6.html

I didn't have trouble playing the game but I'd not played the PS4 or anything else in a long time, the Vita sticks are sort of loose like the Dualshock 3 in that there's no resistance.

User Info: Finn-X

Finn-X
4 weeks ago#3
When I played the MGS Collection on PS3 I just ran around killing everyone till there's no more guys that came out. The game's that easy.

User Info: Gotrys

Gotrys
4 weeks ago#4
Finn-X posted...
When I played the MGS Collection on PS3 I just ran around killing everyone till there's no more guys that came out. The game's that easy.

Stop posting garbage.

Toadsworth
4 weeks ago#5
feraldrgn posted...
A post here describes the difficulty differences when going higher, so yes choosing a lower difficulty will lessen the patrols & enemy sight:

https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/what_are_the_difficulty_differences_in_mgs3_snake_eater....fron_very_easy_to_e.extreme_6.html

I didn't have trouble playing the game but I'd not played the PS4 or anything else in a long time, the Vita sticks are sort of loose like the Dualshock 3 in that there's no resistance.

Thanks. I might put the difficulty down a bit. Don't want to, but oh well. The stories of MGS is what I'm after.
La historia es nuestra.

User Info: mafiafun

mafiafun
4 weeks ago#6
Gotrys posted...
Finn-X posted...

Stop posting garbage.

Well, if it works...
"Space: the final frontier... To explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before."

User Info: -Meruru

-Meruru
4 weeks ago#7
mafiafun posted...
Well, if it works...

In easy, try do that in extreme, playing in any other dificulty is pointless, only in extreme you are getting the truly MGS experience, you can also kill everyone, but isn't easy.
"lmao" - dwdwdw6

User Info: rwallacefan

rwallacefan
4 weeks ago#8
I'd start with Very Easy mode, it starts you off with the EZ Gun, which is basically a tranquilizer weapon with unlimited ammo. It will make enemies def easier to manage, I admit I started off this way when I first played MGS 3 way back on the PS2. I can understand the camera stinking.

Toadsworth
4 weeks ago#9
rwallacefan posted...
I'd start with Very Easy mode, it starts you off with the EZ Gun, which is basically a tranquilizer weapon with unlimited ammo. It will make enemies def easier to manage, I admit I started off this way when I first played MGS 3 way back on the PS2. I can understand the camera stinking.

I did this. Went from Normal to Very Easy, and now it's TOO easy, because even if the camera gets out of hand, it's basically auto-aim.

Really don't want to start the game over a third time, to see what Easy is like. I'll just play it for the story, like a Visual Novel, and think of the in-between gameplay as small mini-games, lol.
La historia es nuestra.

User Info: rwallacefan

rwallacefan
3 weeks ago#10
Toadsworth posted...
rwallacefan posted...

I did this. Went from Normal to Very Easy, and now it's TOO easy, because even if the camera gets out of hand, it's basically auto-aim.

Really don't want to start the game over a third time, to see what Easy is like. I'll just play it for the story, like a Visual Novel, and think of the in-between gameplay as small mini-games, lol.

In of itself the game is good for the story, but really that's about it IMO. :)
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Tips for MGS3 on Vita?
  • Topic Archived