You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. anyone like demon gaze 2?

User Info: RJP_X

RJP_X
1 week ago#1
thinking about grabbing it for $15.
''Hey I ain't ugly! I'm just way below average!!!'' -Genocide Jill.
PSN: RJP_X
I beat it about a month ago, and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

The story and characters were decent. Gameplay-wise, it’s more of the same, which is always a good thing. One big difference is that you fight alongside the demons you capture, rather than making your own party members.

Also has an easy platinum with no missables. After I beat the final boss, I looked at a guide, and it only took about an hour and a half longer to earn the plat. Didn’t do any of the postgame though.

I didn’t enjoy it quite as much as the first game, but it’s a worthy follow-up IMO.

User Info: bith_the_black

bith_the_black
1 week ago#3
Yeah it's not the best dungeon crawler on Vita, but it's a good
"When a black moon shines, Light and Dark break apart, the King of Darkness howls"

User Info: Gotrys

Gotrys
1 week ago#4
BanishSanctuary posted...
but it’s a worthy follow-up IMO.

Worthy follow-up? What the hell are you smoking? Game is awful.
(message deleted)

RJP_X
1 week ago#6
bith_the_black posted...
Yeah it's not the best dungeon crawler on Vita, but it's a good

i didn't find demon gaze 1 as good as dungeon travelers 2 and mary skelter, it had some good level design but wasn't a fan of creating characters and also choosing which stats. to increase upon level up. the choose your stats. kinda screwed me up later in the game since i couldn't figure out why the so called OP abilities weren't working efficiently. its because certain stats. needed to be raised, like the assassin's ability to stun lock enemies, i didn't know you had to invest in the luck stat.

the one thing that sounds good about this game is having joinable party members, rather than created ones. not sure if leveling works the same though.

this game will likely go cheaper eventually, i also plan on picking up the naruto UNS legacy collection, utawarerumono collection, and tokyo xanadu ex.

i'm undecided which system to get the utawarerumono collection on, because every once in awhile my vita memory card acts strange. and i don't mind VN's on the TV. not sure if the SRPG battles would be tiny on the TV though, i don't have a very big TV, and i've tried the disgaea 5 demo and everything was so small on it. although the utawarerumono games might be more immersive on the vita lol.
In Demon Gaze 2, you still invest stat points when you level up for the premade demon party members. I don’t know if you’d consider it cheating or not, but the easiest difficulty allows you to revive and completely heal your entire party 3 times in every single battle. So you shouldn’t get stuck on any of the bosses, if you’re willing to resort to such a n00b tactic. Being the casual that I am, I played the entire game on the easy mode. I only died a few times and overcame everything by upgrading my armor and weapons when I got stuck. I played most of DG1 on normal and hard (with the help of the Google doc) and only lowered it when I got stuck, so I can’t really compare the difficulties of DG1 and 2 directly. Just know that a remedy is there if you need it.

I like DG2 a lot more than Conception 2 (beaten), MeiQ (gave up in middle of final dungeon) and Mind Zero (stopped about halfway in). I only played 2-3 dungeons of Mary Skelter, but I enjoyed it and just got sidetracked. I picked up Dungeon Travelers 2, but haven’t played it. So that’s where I’m coming from when I recommend DG2.

Tokyo Xanadu and the Utawarerumono games are great. I played the Vita versions of the Utawarerumono games on a PSTV, and I could read everything just fine on a 19” TV. I’m assuming the PS4 versions have the same text size, but I can’t guarantee it. If you can, watch a YouTube gameplay vid of a Utawarerumono battle on your TV just to be sure.

User Info: OhGoodGrief

OhGoodGrief
1 week ago#8
It's awful

User Info: OhGoodGrief

OhGoodGrief
1 week ago#9
Get darkest dungeon instead.

RJP_X
1 week ago#10
BanishSanctuary posted...
In Demon Gaze 2, you still invest stat points when you level up for the premade demon party members. I don’t know if you’d consider it cheating or not, but the easiest difficulty allows you to revive and completely heal your entire party 3 times in every single battle. So you shouldn’t get stuck on any of the bosses, if you’re willing to resort to such a n00b tactic. Being the casual that I am, I played the entire game on the easy mode. I only died a few times and overcame everything by upgrading my armor and weapons when I got stuck. I played most of DG1 on normal and hard (with the help of the Google doc) and only lowered it when I got stuck, so I can’t really compare the difficulties of DG1 and 2 directly. Just know that a remedy is there if you need it.

I like DG2 a lot more than Conception 2 (beaten), MeiQ (gave up in middle of final dungeon) and Mind Zero (stopped about halfway in). I only played 2-3 dungeons of Mary Skelter, but I enjoyed it and just got sidetracked. I picked up Dungeon Travelers 2, but haven’t played it. So that’s where I’m coming from when I recommend DG2.

Tokyo Xanadu and the Utawarerumono games are great. I played the Vita versions of the Utawarerumono games on a PSTV, and I could read everything just fine on a 19” TV. I’m assuming the PS4 versions have the same text size, but I can’t guarantee it. If you can, watch a YouTube gameplay vid of a Utawarerumono battle on your TV just to be sure.

i always take the easy difficulty unless there's a trophy for playing on a higher difficulty lol. not that i'm horrible, but i can do without challenge i like to be OP and don't mind one shotting things. but i will take on challenge as well, but i do prefer making a game as relaxing as i can make it. if i remember in DG1 i think difficulty effected drops and drop rate or something. so i'd switch difficulty in accordance.

yeah DT2 is the best one of the DRPG's i've played, mary skelter is 2nd. DT2 is a very solid game IMO. no difficulty options however, like demon gaze and mary skelter has, so it does have a good amount of challenge. i grinded a lot from beginning to end.

i have a PS TV and vita, but i prefer only using my vita when i'm playing games that aren't compatible with the PS TV. because i want to preserve vita usage as much as possible since i've used it a lot over the years, and very much doubt i will be getting a replacement, so try to only use it for games that aren't compatible with PS TV for it these days.

but damn a 19 inch? not sure how big my TV is but wouldn't be surprised if it was around that. its definitely not a big HD TV. the only reason the utawarerumono games for me are pretty much one or the other is because they're on sale for the same price on both systems. i usually just go for the vita version if there's a bigger price difference during sales. since they're usually the cheaper buy.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. anyone like demon gaze 2?