• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. What is your Vita's main purpose?

User Info: Skull_pro

Skull_pro
1 month ago#131
@bigybri posted...
I use my Vita for music. Yes, I have a phone. I was able to import 90% of my music CD's to my PS3 since 2007 and just refuse to rebuy it digitally for a phone. It supports Blue Tooth too.

You do realise you can just rip your CD 100% legally and put the songs on your phone, right? It's a bit more of a pain if you happen to have an iPhone, but it's still doable.
My FC: 5301 2862 3777
Send me Donkey Kong Country Challenges! More info at: https://www.facebook.com/Challenge-NeoArashi-1882592348727869/

User Info: bigybri

bigybri
1 month ago#132
Skull_pro posted...
@bigybri posted...
I use my Vita for music. Yes, I have a phone. I was able to import 90% of my music CD's to my PS3 since 2007 and just refuse to rebuy it digitally for a phone. It supports Blue Tooth too.

You do realise you can just rip your CD 100% legally and put the songs on your phone, right? It's a bit more of a pain if you happen to have an iPhone, but it's still doable.

Someday, but I haven't had a computer with a disc drive since college. I'm not the greatest with computers and the large amount of music seemed to make my computer run slow. I used itunes to import and export to a Gen1 ipod back in the day around '03.

Thanks for the advice. I assume I'm in the vast minority using my PS3 and PSP and Vita for music. I was also able to back up all the music on 2 PS3s and a flash drive. I'm going to copy it to a PS4 in the near future.
The Infinite Improbability Drive is our New Hope

User Info: bith_the_black

bith_the_black
1 month ago#133
bigybri posted...
J_B posted...
bith_the_black posted...
Tenshi-Ruya posted...
My Vita is pretty much a paperweight. It's rare that I actually turn it on.

Why not just sell it then?

It's a collectable

I would just sell the software. I'm worried about too much personal info on the Vita. Is it easy to wipe? I know reformatting the memory card doesn't even sign you out of the PSN account.

I would sell something like "Odin Sphere" or "God of War Collection" which seem to be holding their value. Gamestop is selling a lot of games cheap so there are plenty that aren't worth it. Hopefully there will be a collector's market in the future like boxed GBA games.

Yes it's easy to wipe. Settings, format, restore this system.
"When a black moon shines, Light and Dark break apart, the King of Darkness howls"

User Info: bigybri

bigybri
1 month ago#134
bit_the_black,

Thank you. I probably won't be selling my hardware anytime too soon and the software is at a low. My Gamestop still gets gets new games in for the Vita. I've never heard of them, even though I really like Japanese games.
The Infinite Improbability Drive is our New Hope
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. What is your Vita's main purpose?
  • Topic Archived