• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Farewell to PS Vita

User Info: pwwnd123

pwwnd123
1 month ago#1
Let's all say bye bye to the PS Vita. A system that had a lot of promises made but never really fully delivered on them because Sony made several mistakes by forcing proprietary overpriced memory cards on people, rather than utilizing SD cards like Nintendo did with the 3DS and giving up on the system when they could have produced quality titles to convince people to get one and convince the 3rd parties to make AAAs on the system, among several other terrible decisions. I mean, I would have liked to own a PS Vita but sadly Sony never convinced me to own one due to a lack of a bunch of compelling titles like Crash and Spyro. If PS Vita had those games and used SD cards, it would be a big success and wouldn't turn out to be a big failure like it is now.

With Sony discontinuing the Vita soon and not making another portable system, it really leaves the Switch as the closest thing we'll ever get to a Vita 2. And let me tell ya, the Switch is currently the success the Vita could have been. This is evident in the fact that Nintendo worked with 3rd parties to put out AAAs and they give the system their first party love which is why it is a success. Software, especially killer apps is what sells the system, not hardware itself.
A 2000s era gamer who grew up with retro technology from the 90s.

User Info: FSABot

FSABot
1 month ago#2
I'll let you know it's still getting re-releases of old digital games and new titles that'll sell over 1000 copies, thank you very much. Dead? Not likely.
i7 7700k, RTX 2070, 16gb DDR4 2666MHz
Playing: Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS4), Dragon Age 2 (PC)
(message deleted)

pwwnd123
1 month ago#4
FSABot posted...
I'll let you know it's still getting re-releases of old digital games and new titles that'll sell over 1000 copies, thank you very much. Dead? Not likely.

Yeah, but where are the new big AAA games like Doom, Skyrim, etc. Where's Crash N Sane Trilogy?

I mean Crash is iconic to PlayStation in general. He alone could've sold systems if there was a Crash game made for the Vita.

User Info: Aussie2B

Aussie2B
1 month ago#5
How can you say "bye bye" to a system you never even owned in the first place? Why are you even here?
"I am sexy minority. OH! NO! I wanna be a sexy terminator. Sexy will never die. AH~~~~~!"

pwwnd123
1 month ago#6
Storm20191 posted...
pwwnd123 posted...
Let's all say bye bye to the PS Vita. A system that had a lot of promises made but never really fully delivered on them because Sony made several mistakes by forcing proprietary overpriced memory cards on people, rather than utilizing SD cards like Nintendo did with the 3DS and giving up on the system when they could have produced quality titles to convince people to get one and convince the 3rd parties to make AAAs on the system, among several other terrible decisions. I mean, I would have liked to own a PS Vita but sadly Sony never convinced me to own one due to a lack of a bunch of compelling titles like Crash and Spyro. If PS Vita had those games and used SD cards, it would be a big success and wouldn't turn out to be a big failure like it is now.

With Sony discontinuing the Vita soon and not making another portable system, it really leaves the Switch as the closest thing we'll ever get to a Vita 2. And let me tell ya, the Switch is currently the success the Vita could have been. This is evident in the fact that Nintendo worked with 3rd parties to put out AAAs and they give the system their first party love which is why it is a success. Software, especially killer apps is what sells the system, not hardware itself.

Tc f*** off.

These are facts.

User Info: Helmet_Time

Helmet_Time
1 month ago#7
This feels like a Nintendo fanboy kind of a post.

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
1 month ago#8
Still plenty of life left in the Vita. Next week we'll see the legendary SEGA-CD cult Classic, Night Trap, release and we're also getting Atari Flashback Volume 1 which includes no less than 50 timeless gems of video game history such as Centipede and Swordquest in that same week.

And let's not forget #remoteplay. Which other handhelds play the Game of the Year 2018, God of War?
Big fan of video games.

User Info: dark-kyon

dark-kyon
1 month ago#9
I was getting worried for the lack of trolls doing dead topics, i guess still isn't done.
http://i.imgur.com/sK5j4Vp.jpg http://i.imgur.com/FESyQqa.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mU2F4DC.jpg http://i.imgur.com/OzTgyXU.gif

User Info: FSABot

FSABot
1 month ago#10
dark-kyon posted...
I was getting worried for the lack of trolls doing dead topics, i guess still isn't done.

Don't worry there will be plenty of them next March
i7 7700k, RTX 2070, 16gb DDR4 2666MHz
Playing: Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS4), Dragon Age 2 (PC)
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Farewell to PS Vita
  • Topic Archived