Is The Lost Child going to be the last real retail release the system gets?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Is The Lost Child going to be the last real retail release the system gets?

User Info: Mike229282

Mike229282
4 weeks ago#41
tw1g_007 posted...
INKU48 posted...
I don't think I've ever paid $50 for a digital game on any console. I guess the old $40 standard for niche releases from NISA, Xseed etc. for Vita/3DS games is gone at this point. Guess this will push me even further towards buying more big budget western games and indies. Massive AAA open world adventure for $20 or static portraits for $50? Tough choice.

They have to be trolling at this point. I couldn't stop laughing when I saw the $50 price tag. I'm like dude, I wasn't even going to jump on this bulls*** at 30 bucks but hey... always nice to shoot for the moon and hope something sticks right?

FSABot posted...
I pay around 50 bucks digital all the time when a big new title comes out. Like Ni No Kuni 2 earlier this year. I paid off Shining Resonance and Dragon Quest 11 too but they were cheaper at 45 bucks after deals.

I see no real difference in value for physical or digital, so I'll just pay cheapest I can get it at launch.

Shining R might just end up being hot garbage or average to its core. Everything about the game play vids I've seen seems to be a sub-optimal Tales Of try hard. I loved the first edition steel case but will wait on reviews and if favorable enough will get it on a sale down the line.

Let's not forget Touhou Gensou Wanderer fr 50$
Stare into my soul, I'm your god now!

User Info: FSABot

FSABot
4 weeks ago#42
tw1g_007 posted...
Shining R might just end up being hot garbage or average to its core. Everything about the game play vids I've seen seems to be a sub-optimal Tales Of try hard. I loved the first edition steel case but will wait on reviews and if favorable enough will get it on a sale down the line.

Its a game I fell in love with since I saw it, and waited years for it to be localized. I'm a huge classic Shining fan, and Tonys art is great and the idea of a music focused action JRPG with his designs is a match made in heaven. Couldn't really care less what some people outside of the demographic its aimed at think, so thats why I paid for it the moment it became available on Steam.

In Japan it sold more then Valkyria Chronicles 4 and reviewed similar, and that matters more to me then people who mark it lower because characters don't wear panties or there is boob jiggling.
Switch FC: SW-2648-9478-0197 .. PSN: RyanSaotome .. Steam: AlbionHero
Playing: Fallout 4 (PC)

User Info: Helmet_Time

Helmet_Time
4 weeks ago#43
FSABot posted...
tw1g_007 posted...

Its a game I fell in love with since I saw it, and waited years for it to be localized. I'm a huge classic Shining fan, and Tonys art is great and the idea of a music focused action JRPG with his designs is a match made in heaven. Couldn't really care less what some people outside of the demographic its aimed at think, so thats why I paid for it the moment it became available on Steam.

In Japan it sold more then Valkyria Chronicles 4 and reviewed similar, and that matters more to me then people who mark it lower because characters don't wear panties or there is boob jiggling.

https://media.giphy.com/media/134gtpSuyGYS4M/giphy.gif

FSABot
3 weeks ago#44
MG_Salad posted...
FSABot posted...
"pricing error"

oh to be young and naive

You know, if enough people email them about it acting confused, they'll have to bring it back down to $40.

have you gotten a response yet?

User Info: Newhopes

Newhopes
3 weeks ago#45
FSABot posted...
I pay around 50 bucks digital all the time when a big new title comes out. Like Ni No Kuni 2 earlier this year. I paid off Shining Resonance and Dragon Quest 11 too but they were cheaper at 45 bucks after deals.

I see no real difference in value for physical or digital, so I'll just pay cheapest I can get it at launch.

$50 for a digital game is a absolute rip off, with physical you can at least make some of your money back.

FSABot
3 weeks ago#46
Newhopes posted...
FSABot posted...

$50 for a digital game is a absolute rip off, with physical you can at least make some of your money back.

And with digital I have the convenience to play with a touch of a button, and for PC its better for preservation because it'll always be in my account and upgrades along with my PC (like I can play games in 4k/120 FPS once PCs support it in the future without having to buy Remasters).

For the first example, I'll be buying Smash Bros digitally because a game like that where you play it a lot over time its better to just have it digitally so you can play it on demand instead of constantly changing the cartridges. Thats just a lot of wasted time and effort.

User Info: achmed1974

achmed1974
3 weeks ago#47
Wow if putting a disc in your console is too much effort its no wonder this is the most unhealthy country in world.

FSABot
3 weeks ago#48
achmed1974 posted...
Wow if putting a disc in your console is too much effort its no wonder this is the most unhealthy country in world.

It's an unnecessary effort. many inventions over the years have been made to make life easier and take away the manual labor part of doing something. It's natural progression.

Do you still want TVs where we have to walk up to them and click the channels on the box instead of just having a remote? There's no logical reason to make things harder for yourself.

User Info: MG_Salad

MG_Salad
3 weeks ago#49
I still haven't heard back from NISA. I'm not surprised, considering their usual customer "service."
https://thoughts-from-a-salad.neocities.org/

User Info: MercenaryLagoon

MercenaryLagoon
3 weeks ago#50
MG_Salad posted...
I still haven't heard back from NISA. I'm not surprised, considering their usual customer "service."

I'll be shocked if you hear back at all.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Is The Lost Child going to be the last real retail release the system gets?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived