Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms coming sooner than expected on March 13

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms coming sooner than expected on March 13

User Info: Ace-of-Clubs

Ace-of-Clubs
5 months ago#11
FSABot posted...
oh boy I can't wait to date those samurai guys

Thanks, I've been wanting to update my sig for a while now.

i am pogo the monkey posted...
fiyeroatheart posted...
i am pogo the monkey posted...
Hopefully Iffy wins the sales battle because Aksys sucks.

Honestly companies don't matter, its the actual games that matter.

That’s completely untrue in terms of localization.

Clearly someone has never played Amnesia Memories and seen what a complete train wreck of typos and grammatical errors IF made of the last route. Both IF and Aksys need some serious improvement in this regard.
I am Ace-of-Clubs, and I approve this message.
"oh boy I can't wait to date those samurai guys" - FSABot

User Info: Aussie2B

Aussie2B
5 months ago#12
A terrible localization can completely ruin a VN if it's to the point where it's near incomprehensible (see: Taisho x Alice; I was fully planning on buying it and then ended up not doing so 100% because of the awful hack job of a localization it got), but I don't think we ever have to worry about that from IFI or Aksys. The worst either does is skimp on QA.

I don't care which sells better. Things being turned into a competition is exactly what I don't want to see. I want both to do as well as they possibly can, and I hate when two otome games are released so close together that it's to the detriment of both. These publishers are building a growing Western fanbase for otoge, so they should have appreciation for other publishers as they create new otoge fans who then buy from them too. They should be trying to work together to some degree. Considering otoge localizations don't coming out frequently, it shouldn't be so hard to space at least a month between releases so that each gets some breathing room and its own time in the spotlight. Aksys spaced out their own 2017 otoge releases pretty well, but IFI released Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds less than three weeks after Period Cube, and yet again IFI is releasing Hakuoki too close to another otoge release.
"I am sexy minority. OH! NO! I wanna be a sexy terminator. Sexy will never die. AH~~~~~!"
Aussie2B posted...
A terrible localization can completely ruin a VN if it's to the point where it's near incomprehensible (see: Taisho x Alice; I was fully planning on buying it and then ended up not doing so 100% because of the awful hack job of a localization it got), but I don't think we ever have to worry about that from IFI or Aksys. The worst either does is skimp on QA.

Eh, I look at Tokyo Xanadu as a good example of where Aksys needs to improve. A lot of people didn’t care because they valued Japanese audio that highly, but that localization didn’t hold a candle to the localizations that Xseed does on Falcom games. Aksys is bottom barrel in comparison.
Anaheim Ducks
Angels

Aussie2B
5 months ago#14
Aksys absolutely needs to make improvements, but their localization flaws aren't severe enough to prevent me from enjoying their releases, let alone motivating me to pass on their releases. It's sort of a catch-22 with their otome releases because there haven't been many non-mobile otoge localizations in general, counting every publisher, and Aksys is releasing more than anybody else and deserves appreciation from otoge fans for that. If an otoge fan wants to prove that genre is viable in the Western market, they have to buy the games, but if you buy them even when the localizations could use some work, that could send the message to Aksys that you'll buy them regardless, giving them little incentive to take extra care. Everybody is entitled to their own stance, but I would much, MUCH rather have less-than-perfect localizations of otome games than no localizations of those kinds of games at all. Once the genre has more stable footing in the West, then maybe I'd consider waiting for markdowns on otoge releases with flawed localizations.
"I am sexy minority. OH! NO! I wanna be a sexy terminator. Sexy will never die. AH~~~~~!"

User Info: Susumurin

Susumurin
5 months ago#15
I’m gonna get Bouquet of Rainbows on PS4. Since I never played Guardian of Rebirth, the compilation seems like the better buy.

I probably won’t buy Edo Blossoms day one unless Iffy drops a surprise LE. Still got too much of a backlog to bother with buying standard versions of games for full price right now.
Now Playing: Estival Versus(Vita), Dreamfall (X1), School Girl Zombie Hunter (PS4), Romancing SaGa 2 (Switch)
Currently Watching: Xena, Earth Final Conflict

Aussie2B
5 months ago#16
I'll get Edo Blossoms at launch regardless, but yeah, I'm waiting to see if there's an LE announcement. IFI seems to do an LE for practically everything, but I dunno, after the huge LE they did for Kyoto Winds, it'd be kind of strange to do one for Edo Blossoms too, especially when they're two parts of one story. It would've made the most sense to just reserve a space in the Kyoto Winds LE to put a standard copy of Edo Blossoms, in the same sort of way only the first Trails of Cold Steel got an LE and the second game fits inside.

User Info: game player s

game player s
5 months ago#17
Man, that's a quick turn time going from announcement to a release date set for Iffy! I don;t recall them ever being this quick about such.
Welcome To The Next Level---SEGA
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/

Aussie2B
5 months ago#18
IFI was saying before Kyoto Winds was even out that the second part would be localized eventually.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms coming sooner than expected on March 13

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived