Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms coming sooner than expected on March 13

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms coming sooner than expected on March 13

User Info: Aussie2B

Aussie2B
1 month ago#1
https://twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/954067308342779904

I don't think IFI had said anything more specific than "Spring 2018" previously, but for whatever reason, stores like Amazon had it as April 24 for a long while.

Now this places it earlier than the Code: Realize fandisc, and they're only roughly two weeks apart. Not the wisest move, imo, but Code: Realize has been in this boat before, with Norn9 coming just weeks later (though that was dumber because they were both coming from the same publisher). I hope neither hurts the sales of the other, but considering how young the average otoge fan is, I wouldn't be surprised if there are many who would like to buy both but can only afford one within than short span of time (or only have the time to play one, for that matter, since I'm sure neither are short games).
"I am sexy minority. OH! NO! I wanna be a sexy terminator. Sexy will never die. AH~~~~~!"

User Info: Helmet_Time

Helmet_Time
1 month ago#2
2018 confirmed as greatest spring of Otome?

User Info: Ace-of-Clubs

Ace-of-Clubs
1 month ago#3
Aussie2B - it's probably intentional, IMHO. Idea Factory probably wants to get their otome out ahead of Aksys's in order to avoid losing sales to it. One would assume the parent company's profit on Code:Realize is already set in stone based on how much Aksys paid them for the localization rights. Once Aksys announced their release date for C:R, IF probably wanted to beat them to release to keep Aksys from eating into their sales.
I am Ace-of-Clubs, and I approve this message.
"Final Fantasy XV its like Big Bazooka that fires with farts" - eisgiga

User Info: FSABot

FSABot
1 month ago#4
oh boy I can't wait to date those samurai guys
https://i.imgur.com/S4JBmXR.jpg
https://card.exophase.com/1/1045670.png

User Info: fiyeroatheart

fiyeroatheart
1 month ago#5
Either way, i am still pretty sure that Code Realize will outsell Hakuoki, on the Vita at least.

I know Hakuoki is one of the most popular Otome franchises in the west, and it will probably do really well on other platforms, but Code Realize obviously has a pretty decent sized fanbase on the Vita.

It's pretty telling that out of all the Vita Otome VN's that have fandisc's, Code Realize is the only one that was given a localization......if i understand correctly, just the mere fact that any Japanese VN's fandisc gets a localization is a big deal, because it does not happen often.....so that must mean Code Realize did really well over here....
Currently Playing: Bravely Default (3DS),CollarXMalice(Vita), Star Ocean 4 remaster (PS4)
Hopefully Iffy wins the sales battle because Aksys sucks.
Anaheim Ducks
Angels

fiyeroatheart
1 month ago#7
i am pogo the monkey posted...

Honestly companies don't matter, its the actual games that matter.
Currently Playing: Bravely Default (3DS),CollarXMalice(Vita), Star Ocean 4 remaster (PS4)
fiyeroatheart posted...

That’s completely untrue in terms of localization.
Anaheim Ducks
Angels

fiyeroatheart
1 month ago#9
fiyeroatheart posted...

Honestly a s*** game will be a s*** game regardless of how "good" or "high quality" a localization is, and a Good game will still be good even if it has a spotty of lackluster localization. The overall quality of the game will not change all that much.

Granted i am someone who is only minorly bothered by things like glitches, bad translation, and overall running issues.....sure it's not ideal, but those things do not make or break a game for me at all.

I also do not give one s*** about "censored content", like bathing suits being removed, sexual situations being changed to a more "innocent" theme, etc....

Like the whole Ys 8 debacle. Literally the fact that man-children were up in arms because they did not like the translation was one of the most embarrassing things i have ever seen...

Wether or not the game was any good had nothing to do with minor translation issues that in the bigger scheme of things did not really impact much.....but then again i am an older gamer who remembers gaming on systems like the SNES and the PS1 which had games riddled with issues and translation errors.....

I am not saying Hakuoki is a "bad" game, just that in this case people are not buying a game because it comes from IFI vers. Aksys......people are deciding wether they care more about Hakuoki or wether they care more about Code Realize.....who is localizing it has very little to do with anything...
fiyeroatheart posted...
fiyeroatheart posted...

Honestly a s*** game will be a s*** game regardless of how "good" or "high quality" a localization is, and a Good game will still be good even if it has a spotty of lackluster localization. The overall quality of the game will not change all that much.

Granted i am someone who is only minorly bothered by things like glitches, bad translation, and overall running issues.....sure it's not ideal, but those things do not make or break a game for me at all.

I also do not give one s*** about "censored content", like bathing suits being removed, sexual situations being changed to a more "innocent" theme, etc....

Like the whole Ys 8 debacle. Literally the fact that man-children were up in arms because they did not like the translation was one of the most embarrassing things i have ever seen...

Wether or not the game was any good had nothing to do with minor translation issues that in the bigger scheme of things did not really impact much.....but then again i am an older gamer who remembers gaming on systems like the SNES and the PS1 which had games riddled with issues and translation errors.....

I am not saying Hakuoki is a "bad" game, just that in this case people are not buying a game because it comes from IFI vers. Aksys......people are deciding wether they care more about Hakuoki or wether they care more about Code Realize.....who is localizing it has very little to do with anything...

Ah, I see. Proper localization is very important to me; different strokes for different folks.
Anaheim Ducks
Angels
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms coming sooner than expected on March 13

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived