Is Sony trying to make me feel good?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Is Sony trying to make me feel good?

User Info: Ronobono

Ronobono
4 weeks ago#1
Or could I really be in the top 10% of trophy earners with only one plat and one game that I got 100% on? Maybe they just go by total trophies and not plats?

https://imgur.com/gallery/TfsTP
Just trying to live.

User Info: Veemon_X

Veemon_X
4 weeks ago#2
What game did you plat?
Phone designer A: I have an idea! Let's get rid of the headphone jacks!
Phone designer B: Hell yeah! Full steam ahead on the derp train!

Ronobono
4 weeks ago#3
Salt And Sanctuary
Just trying to live.

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
4 weeks ago#4
I think people would be surprised at how few games the average gamer plays during a generation. We who go on forums and talk about video games are not the average gamer. It has probably changed significantly thanks to digital distribution but back when attach rates were measured mostly through retail sales, the average consumer bought maybe 5-10 games per generation, a game or two per year.

I imagine the average consumer plays some annual FIFA together with Overwatch/Rainbow Six/GTA Online/Battlefield/CoD/WWE/NHL and maybe he occasionally tries out one of the biggest single-player games like The Wither 3 or Assassin's Creed only to get bored after five hours and go back to his regular tried and true games.

Example: beating a game without being a trophy hunter or completionist might get you 15 trophies on average. That means you (TC) earned trophies corresponding to beating 16 games in one year. That corresponds to actually finishing and not just purchasing like a hundred games in a generation which is well above the old 5-10 games purchased per generation figure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kpyg1kmAXk

Ronobono
4 weeks ago#5
INKU48 posted...
I think people would be surprised at how few games the average gamer plays during a generation. We who go on forums and talk about video games are not the average gamer. It has probably changed significantly thanks to digital distribution but back when attach rates were measured mostly through retail sales, the average consumer bought maybe 5-10 games per generation, a game or two per year.

I imagine the average consumer plays some annual FIFA together with Overwatch/Rainbow Six/GTA Online/Battlefield/CoD/WWE/NHL and maybe he occasionally tries out one of the biggest single-player games like The Wither 3 or Assassin's Creed only to get bored after five hours and go back to his regular tried and true games.

Example: beating a game without being a trophy hunter or completionist might get you 15 trophies on average. That means you (TC) earned trophies corresponding to beating 16 games in one year. That corresponds to actually finishing and not just purchasing like a hundred games in a generation which is well above the old 5-10 games purchased per generation figure.

Good Point. I was just surprised to see it say top 10% since I don't really try to plat very many games. I like trophies in games but some make plats a total bore fest.

I was only wondering because I see some people on my friends list with like 30+ plats and I only have one lol. I do earn alot of the normal trophies but it's hard to stay focused on certain objectives. Like it said I played Terraria for 250 hours but I only got like 80% of the trophies.

I didn't post this to try to brag or anything, I was just really surprised it said that when I don't go for plats. Sorry if people took it this way.
Just trying to live.

User Info: Helmet_Time

Helmet_Time
4 weeks ago#6
Everyone appears to be in the top 10%. You're in the top 10% with one plat, I'm in the top 10% too, with 68 plats. Clearly 90% of users don't play games, or don't play beyond CoD multiplayer or whatever.

User Info: RFC22

RFC22
4 weeks ago#7
Congrats on the Plat.

I do not think Trophies is a sign of how many people complete games XD. I consider a game is complete when the story is over.
My FC is 4957-4763-9094 (Pokemon Sun) PS3: hellfighter45 D3:UE, Xenoverse 1
PSN: hellfighter44 God Eater R (VITA), DB Xenoverse 2 (PS4), Rocket League

User Info: J_B

J_B
4 weeks ago#8
Helmet_Time posted...
Everyone appears to be in the top 10%. You're in the top 10% with one plat, I'm in the top 10% too, with 68 plats. Clearly 90% of users don't play games, or don't play beyond CoD multiplayer or whatever.

They probably beat their games. They just don't care about a fake pat on the back for jumping 100 times with every character
jb08045.deviantart.com/art/Madoka-s-Dinner-513761540 -Out weeb me
Look at the One Eyed Monster - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMBRC1dHALY

User Info: Helmet_Time

Helmet_Time
4 weeks ago#9
J_B posted...
Helmet_Time posted...

They probably beat their games. They just don't care about a fake pat on the back for jumping 100 times with every character

You misunderstand. They're calculating it by trophies. Most of the time you get one for turning the game on. People who got 100 trophies are reporting being in the top 10%. People who got 2,000 are also in the top 10%. This means the bottom 90% got less than 100. 15 minimum for beating story mode. So, the average user is beating less than 6 games a year.

User Info: feraldrgn

feraldrgn
4 weeks ago#10
Do you have to be signed up for the notifications?
Maybe it only calculates it based on the other users on the app not the whole PS userbase.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Is Sony trying to make me feel good?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived