Media Create Week 2 - Final Fantasy Fighters Fight to Take Top Sales Crown

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Media Create Week 2 - Final Fantasy Fighters Fight to Take Top Sales Crown

User Info: feraldrgn

feraldrgn
3 months ago#21
INKU48 posted...
Nothing. I just accidentally stopped by one day and noticed that this board was in better shape and that the worst posters had mostly moved on while some of the fun ones were left. Might make an occasional post when there is something worth discussing like sales or Switch bashing. I wouldn't expect too many posts from me though as I don't really plan on using my Vita much more.

You planning to quit current handheld gaming entirely, or are you still playing your Switch?

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
3 months ago#22
Newhopes posted...
INKU48 posted...
Whoever said the Vita is dead might feel stupid when they take a look at the top 100 best selling games in Japan last year according to Famitsu. No less than four of these games were for the Vita, which is over 33% higher than the number of Wii U titles in the chart, a console that launched after the Vita.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/famitsu-sales-cy-2017-2016-dec-26-2017-dec-31.17370/

Pretty pathetic games from a discontinued console sells more than games from the Vita.....

Nintendo is a special beast. Mario Kart Wii, not Mario Kart 8 for Wii U and not MK8 Deluxe for Switch, Mario Kart Wii from 2008, is currently in 89th place in Amazon's top 100 best selling video games. That is not abnormal either. The biggest Nintendo games have legs that go on for years even at full price.

https://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=pd_dp_ts_videogames_1#5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kpyg1kmAXk

INKU48
3 months ago#23
feraldrgn posted...
INKU48 posted...
Nothing. I just accidentally stopped by one day and noticed that this board was in better shape and that the worst posters had mostly moved on while some of the fun ones were left. Might make an occasional post when there is something worth discussing like sales or Switch bashing. I wouldn't expect too many posts from me though as I don't really plan on using my Vita much more.

You planning to quit current handheld gaming entirely, or are you still playing your Switch?

I don't study, use public transportation or move around anymore so I don't play as much handhelds as I used to. I play handhelds a little bit before going to bed every evening but I have played so much Vita 2012-2016 that I've kind of exhausted its library while amassing a backlog on other systems. The Vita games I have left to play are less interesting than what I have built up for the PSP, DS, GBA and 3DS thanks to me enjoying to play on the Vita more than on those consoles.

As for the Switch, I don't actively need games because I have such a backlog so I don't really use it all that much. I'd rather get through my PSP/DS/GBA/3DS games while waiting for price drops on Switch games. The only outstanding game I have played for it is Zelda and I played that one on my Wii U before owning a Switch. Mario Odyssey was fairly unremarkable to me. The Switch has tons of great games but so does my backlog, and my backlog is free. Started Ghost Trick yesterday but I'm mostly a home console gamer right now.

Jokes aside, I think the Switch is really cool and people who enjoy the Vita should start saving up for one. No real need to buy it just yet though. The only real non-cherry picking complaint I have is that it's not pocket-friendly. I'm also a bit of a sucker for cheevos/trophies but I can live without those.

User Info: feraldrgn

feraldrgn
3 months ago#24
Nice post & fair enough, GBA in particular has loads of classics.
Also yeah, that's the plan (in regards to waiting but planning on the Switch).

User Info: rutu2

rutu2
3 months ago#25
Switch 37,500
PS4 32,890
PS4 Pro 10,918
New2DS LL 9,929
New3DS LL 5,270
Vita 4,388
2DS 1,656
Xbox One 107
Xbox One X 6

http://www.4gamer.net/games/117/G011794/20180117069/

User Info: Darkbend

Darkbend
3 months ago#26
INKU48 posted...
feraldrgn posted...
INKU48 posted...

I don't study, use public transportation or move around anymore so I don't play as much handhelds as I used to. I play handhelds a little bit before going to bed every evening but I have played so much Vita 2012-2016 that I've kind of exhausted its library while amassing a backlog on other systems. The Vita games I have left to play are less interesting than what I have built up for the PSP, DS, GBA and 3DS thanks to me enjoying to play on the Vita more than on those consoles.

As for the Switch, I don't actively need games because I have such a backlog so I don't really use it all that much. I'd rather get through my PSP/DS/GBA/3DS games while waiting for price drops on Switch games. The only outstanding game I have played for it is Zelda and I played that one on my Wii U before owning a Switch. Mario Odyssey was fairly unremarkable to me. The Switch has tons of great games but so does my backlog, and my backlog is free. Started Ghost Trick yesterday but I'm mostly a home console gamer right now.

Jokes aside, I think the Switch is really cool and people who enjoy the Vita should start saving up for one. No real need to buy it just yet though. The only real non-cherry picking complaint I have is that it's not pocket-friendly. I'm also a bit of a sucker for cheevos/trophies but I can live without those.

Get ready to get many awesome hours with your backlogged psp games. PSP is still my favorite handheld to date, with 3ds coming in far 2nd.
The PSP library is magical... To me..
"It mostly comes down to the fact that if you're close enough to touch Batman's cape, you're already unconscious."
-buddhamonster

INKU48
3 months ago#27
Darkbend posted...
Get ready to get many awesome hours with your backlogged psp games. PSP is still my favorite handheld to date, with 3ds coming in far 2nd.

The PSP was more or less my first handheld and it's the one where I feel I've played most of the good games. It was indeed awesome and back in 2011 the Vita looked like the perfect successor to it. No more slow and noisy UMDs and we finally had a handheld with two analogue sticks. Almost console-quality-gaming-on-the-go was about to become the real deal. I needed to have one. Too bad no one wanted to make games for it. I'm satisfied with the Vita overall but its library never got to the point where it was essential for anyone except for those who needed tons of games strictly for their portability.

Anyway, I came to post this. The top selling retail games for the Vita in America 2017 according to NPD:
https://i.imgur.com/rJxaK1y.jpg

The numbers include digital sales only from Sony and Square Enix so ignore games from them and you have a top 7 best selling retail games. Surprised by no Ys VIII.

Via:
https://twitter.com/MatPiscatella/status/954369991293386752

User Info: nononoyesyesyes

nononoyesyesyes
2 months ago#28
(stands up/raises hand)
im assuming im one of the "worst posters"
(points finger gun at temple----pop)

User Info: sentoworf

sentoworf
2 months ago#29
Darkbend posted...

Got any rpg recommendations? Or any other type of game that really stood out to you?
Playing: Nier Automata, Xenoblade 2, Yakuza Kiwami

User Info: AsunaSAOYuuki

AsunaSAOYuuki
2 months ago#30
@sentoworf posted...
Darkbend posted...

Got any rpg recommendations? Or any other type of game that really stood out to you?

Brave Story!!! It's fantastic and whimsical.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZUi9xKY8X8
^^^Still one of my favorite P4 tracks!
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Media Create Week 2 - Final Fantasy Fighters Fight to Take Top Sales Crown

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived