Ratchet clank PS4 vs ratchet and clank collection ps vita

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Ratchet clank PS4 vs ratchet and clank collection ps vita

User Info: Darkstorm16

Darkstorm16
6 months ago#1
Never had a chance to play ratchet and clank for the ps2 which would be a better option? I just wish importing didn’t cost so much $50 for a vita game
Nintendo Network/PSN: Desertking24/Steam:Desertking23
Mario Maker: 4481-0000-0110-25DA

User Info: feraldrgn

feraldrgn
6 months ago#2
R&C PS4 is probably the better option, just be aware that it changes the story a lot & is missing a little magic from the original, but still a good R&C game in its own right.

If you want to platinum the R&C collection then get it anywhere other than the Vita since it has a lot of issues with controls making the ship races even more difficult (which is the only skill point that is truly difficult to begin with).
The space race issue is mostly the joysticks being way too sensitive.

User Info: GenericBossN23

GenericBossN23
6 months ago#3
the original ps2 game is outdated in terms of gameplay when you compare it to the sequels, so i suggest the remake, although if you go for the vita version of ratchet and clank collection, don't get the physical version, its f***ed, the second game doesn't work at all, there's a reason why it was only available in digital here in america.
You're no longer a consumer to the big "AAA" corporations, you're cattle that can be easily sucked dry.

User Info: rewilo95

rewilo95
6 months ago#4
Beware that they're not entirely same. It's still worth playing both the PS4 reimagination and the original PS2 version, but the PS4 version definitely is the better one. If you like it and find an opportunity definitely get the other one.
Currently playing: Rabi-ribi (Vita) Atelier Totori Plus (Vita) February releases: SAO: Fatal Bullet (PS4) Secret of Mana (Vita)

rewilo95
6 months ago#5
GenericBossN23 posted...
the original ps2 game is outdated in terms of gameplay when you compare it to the sequels, so i suggest the remake, although if you go for the vita version of ratchet and clank collection, don't get the physical version, its f***ed, the second game doesn't work at all, there's a reason why it was only available in digital here in america.

The only problem with the second game is it crashes whenever you go to back and forth between a moon, which isn't really an issue since the game saves just before it crashes and you start at the destination when you load the save. There's also supposedly a workaround where you go to the live area screen when you travel to the moon and the game shouldn't crash. Either way, the only thing the crash really prevents is you can't get the Map-O-Matic.
Currently playing: Rabi-ribi (Vita) Atelier Totori Plus (Vita) February releases: SAO: Fatal Bullet (PS4) Secret of Mana (Vita)

User Info: kingdrake2

kingdrake2
6 months ago#6
rewilo95 posted...
GenericBossN23 posted...

The only problem with the second game is it crashes whenever you go to back and forth between a moon, which isn't really an issue since the game saves just before it crashes and you start at the destination when you load the save. There's also supposedly a workaround where you go to the live area screen when you travel to the moon and the game shouldn't crash. Either way, the only thing the crash really prevents is you can't get the Map-O-Matic.

only hopes to get past that crash is to make a back-up save prior to hitting this to make sure you get the item. only way is to use cloud save.
I'd hate to be that guy. he'll be dodging freak accidents for the rest of his life now. Final Destination rules - RickyTheBAWSE

rewilo95
6 months ago#7
kingdrake2 posted...
rewilo95 posted...
GenericBossN23 posted...

only hopes to get past that crash is to make a back-up save prior to hitting this to make sure you get the item. only way is to use cloud save.

You can just save in a different save file and use the workaround method to get it, and in case you fail you just load the other save file from before defeating the mothership. There's no real need to use the cloud save unless I'm missing your point.

User Info: kingdrake2

kingdrake2
6 months ago#8
you're right, memory's really rusty with the saves :(.
think it has been 4 years ever since i finished the trilogy.
I'd hate to be that guy. he'll be dodging freak accidents for the rest of his life now. Final Destination rules - RickyTheBAWSE

User Info: Darkstorm16

Darkstorm16
6 months ago#9
So...the verdict is, pass?
Nintendo Network/PSN: Desertking24/Steam:Desertking23
Mario Maker: 4481-0000-0110-25DA

User Info: feraldrgn

feraldrgn
6 months ago#10
Pass on the trilogy for Vita unless you don't care about getting Platinums (get it digitally if you do get it for Vita, it has less bugs), if you care about the Plat get it on console for an easier time.
I enjoyed R&C PS4 though, worth it.

(Mass Media Games are an awful porting company).
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Ratchet clank PS4 vs ratchet and clank collection ps vita

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived