Thinking of buying a Vita, is it worth seeking the older OLED model?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Thinking of buying a Vita, is it worth seeking the older OLED model?

User Info: XLegionDoom420X

XLegionDoom420X
3 months ago#1
As the title says. Don't really care about price differential as they're both really cheap on eBay and classifieds.

Thanks
If you are a Jedi and 100% proud of it then put this in your signature.

User Info: elsmitty

elsmitty
3 months ago#2
If you can find one with a screen that's not ruined with scratches then I'd pick one up over the slim.

I'd assume you'll have to replace the batteries.
3ds friend code - 5069-4253-9174
steam profile - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198077085301/

User Info: Aussie2B

Aussie2B
3 months ago#3
When OLED models could still easily be bought brand new, I'd say yes, but these days, not really.
"I am sexy minority. OH! NO! I wanna be a sexy terminator. Sexy will never die. AH~~~~~!"

User Info: 16bit

16bit
3 months ago#4
depends if you're actually going to be taking it out of your home, or if you travel a lot. I own both and prefer the slim due to the extra 2 hours or more of battery life I get when on my trips. at home I use the oled. also depends on if you'll mind seeing the mura effect of the oled. most are only noticeable during loading screens, but at times will be slightly noticeable during gameplay if playing a darker game at night (beginning of Toukiden 2 for example). it bugs me a bit, personally.

User Info: BigKurz

BigKurz
3 months ago#5
yes
Switch/PS4/XB1/Vita/n3DS. PSN/NNID/XBL: bigkurz
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Thinking of buying a Vita, is it worth seeking the older OLED model?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived