Syphon Filter Dark Mirror and Logan's Shadow

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Syphon Filter Dark Mirror and Logan's Shadow

User Info: TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher
3 months ago#11
DeltaBladeX posted...
TVthePunisher posted...
Did you purchase from the Vita itself? When I checked via the Vita’s store no such bundle was present for either title but it is purchasable through the links you provided.

I purchase all my games through my PC since I buy for all four systems. Got into the habit because PS3 store was terrible.

Fantastic Logan’s Shadow works just fine! Was added to the download list and the bundle on the site (after purchase) said it was playable on Vita so I assume the same for Dark Mirror.

LegoLeonidas posted...
Logan's Shadow is playable in the US. Dark Mirror is playable for EU.

However this has me hesitant to drop the other 15 but I’ll ask you on this one Delta - does Dark Mirror work for a US Vita?

FKRW4Life posted...
Little pro tip to make the games play better. I think I’m wording this right, I haven’t played the games in a long time.

Make it so that you move with the face buttons and have analog stick aiming. That’s done in game

Now in the vita button remapping menu, make it so that the right stick is face buttons and the left stick is analog

Lastly. Go into the vita stick swapping in the general settings of the system and swap the left stick and the right stick

So what you’ve done is make it so that movement is on the left stick, which is replicating the X, sqr, tri., and circ buttons. And the right stick is analog aiming

It plays MUCH better than just having the face buttons aim and the analog stick move you, and then making the right stick into the face buttons (how most people play them).

I think I got most of that right. I am aiming with the right analog stick and moving with the directional buttons but the left stick does nothing now. I might be missing something to give it a function too. Or is it not meant to do anything since I swapped the right stick and left stick?
"Never apologize or pander to SJWs. It will never be good enough." - Mister Metokur/Internet Aristocrat

User Info: DeltaBladeX

DeltaBladeX
3 months ago#12
TVthePunisher posted...
However this has me hesitant to drop the other 15 but I’ll ask you on this one Delta - does Dark Mirror work for a US Vita?

Unfortunately, I can't answer this. Game source matters, not system source.

Nice to hear the other works confirmed.
I'm not lazy, I just don't care
http://backloggery.com/DeltaBladeXNZ

User Info: stockwtl

stockwtl
3 months ago#13
Would love to hear that this works??
HandheldGamer @RetroTechX on Twitter

User Info: TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher
3 months ago#14
DeltaBladeX posted...
TVthePunisher posted...

Unfortunately, I can't answer this. Game source matters, not system source.

Nice to hear the other works confirmed.

Unfortunately Dark Mirror does not work. I decided to go ahead and give it a shot, I can download SOCOM just fine but on the download list it says "Cannot download using this system." next to Dark Mirror. Talk about a pain. Wish I knew a way around that...it can be downloaded to a PS3. Isn't there some way of transferring games to Vita from PS3? I'd just need a PS3 to do it lol

Alright so what I have figured out for anyone curious is the following with a North American Vita:

1.) You CAN download Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow for use on PS Vita with use of the Killzone Liberation Bundle. After it is purchased, find it in your download list on the Playstation Store on Vita. Link: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-NPUG80651_00-PSPDUALKZANDSFLS (credit to DeltaBladeX).

2.) You CANNOT download Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror directly to the Vita. I do not know if I can transfer it with a PS3 or not but if you buy the SOCOM Bundle only SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo will be available in download list while Dark Mirror shows as "Cannot download using this system.".

Appreciate the input from others in the thread and looks like LegoLeonidas was right on the money about Dark Mirror. At least, from my North American standpoint.
"Never apologize or pander to SJWs. It will never be good enough." - Mister Metokur/Internet Aristocrat

DeltaBladeX
3 months ago#15
TVthePunisher posted...
Isn't there some way of transferring games to Vita from PS3? I'd just need a PS3 to do it lol

There is, it works as a method to transfer some games, but not everything.

Sorry to hear you can only play one of the two. Really sucks since both work fine in PAL regions.

User Info: FKRW4Life

FKRW4Life
2 months ago#16
TVthePunisher posted...
DeltaBladeX posted...
TVthePunisher posted...
Did you purchase from the Vita itself? When I checked via the Vita’s store no such bundle was present for either title but it is purchasable through the links you provided.

I purchase all my games through my PC since I buy for all four systems. Got into the habit because PS3 store was terrible.

Fantastic Logan’s Shadow works just fine! Was added to the download list and the bundle on the site (after purchase) said it was playable on Vita so I assume the same for Dark Mirror.

LegoLeonidas posted...
Logan's Shadow is playable in the US. Dark Mirror is playable for EU.

FKRW4Life posted...
Little pro tip to make the games play better. I think I’m wording this right, I haven’t played the games in a long time.

Make it so that you move with the face buttons and have analog stick aiming. That’s done in game

Now in the vita button remapping menu, make it so that the right stick is face buttons and the left stick is analog

Lastly. Go into the vita stick swapping in the general settings of the system and swap the left stick and the right stick

So what you’ve done is make it so that movement is on the left stick, which is replicating the X, sqr, tri., and circ buttons. And the right stick is analog aiming

It plays MUCH better than just having the face buttons aim and the analog stick move you, and then making the right stick into the face buttons (how most people play them).

I think I got most of that right. I am aiming with the right analog stick and moving with the directional buttons but the left stick does nothing now. I might be missing something to give it a function too. Or is it not meant to do anything since I swapped the right stick and left stick?

In game it should be movement with the square, triangle, X, and O buttons. And aiming with the left analog stick (so you have analog aiming).

Then you map the Vita right analog stick to the shape buttons (movement) and the left Vita stick to the left psp stick (aiming).

Now just go to the settings and swap the Vita control stocks. Now you have movement (facebottons) on the left stick and the right stick is aiming (psp’s analog stick)

Hopefully that helps.
Before you comment remember this "It is better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"

User Info: blacknight06

blacknight06
2 months ago#17
Logan's Shadow is such a great game. The multiplayer was awesome back when it was active.

User Info: yehshuah

yehshuah
2 months ago#18
I'm late but can anyone confirm if I can buy Logan's shadow alone, not the liberation pack, on USA PSN website and then download it on Vita?

https://store.playstation.com/en-no/product/EP9000-UCES00710_00-GPCSYPHONL000001

Why does it have a 2 star rating only? Lol and it says Sony interactive europe

Any help appreciated

DeltaBladeX
2 months ago#19
yehshuah posted...
I'm late but can anyone confirm if I can buy Logan's shadow alone, not the liberation pack, on USA PSN website and then download it on Vita?

https://store.playstation.com/en-no/product/EP9000-UCES00710_00-GPCSYPHONL000001

Why does it have a 2 star rating only? Lol and it says Sony interactive europe

Any help appreciated

Well, given your link is for the Norway region store, it makes sense that it shows SIE.

If you are in America, you have one choice. The pack. But at least that one works on Vita, they only had an issue with Dark Mirror.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Syphon Filter Dark Mirror and Logan's Shadow

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived