I don't get it blazblue cross tag battle is not on VITA

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. I don't get it blazblue cross tag battle is not on VITA

User Info: Darkbend

Darkbend
4 months ago#11
Vita fanboys will always downplay the switch's success. They have to.. its what they think the vita could've been. Imo, it was dead in the water 2 years in.
"It mostly comes down to the fact that if you're close enough to touch Batman's cape, you're already unconscious."
-buddhamonster

User Info: yahya_no_1

yahya_no_1
4 months ago#12
Lugenpresse posted...
The Switch is not going anywhere? Sure about that pal? It's already got a stronger library in the first nine months than the Vita did in it's first 3 years. The month of November alone saw more Switch hype than all the hype Vita had in the entirety of it's lifespan. It pulls off home console on the go quite literally the way the Vita never could.

The 3 hr battery life really isn't that bad. I thought I'd hate it but got used to it immediately.

What do you mean it's the PSP all over again? The PSP was a great console, as was the Vita, but the Switch is by far better than both already.

lol yes, Mario Odyssey = nine month of strong library, unless you want to count the re-ports?

Then in that case, Vita started out with ALL the PSN classics and PSP games right out of the gate, not only that, but if I bought them from my ps3 library, I get to pay no extra fees, Vita is very much compatible as well with any PSP system as well, so I ccan keep my PSP and play multi-player with PSP games with friends.

Also all the so called games it got, all of them don't play as good on the PS4 or Xbone, something the VITA also shares, handhelds are still not ready to match the home consoles, also netflix? switch is such an over priced device Nintnedo is doing what Sony did to their first 2 handhelds........and look how that worked out for them, tablets win just for the fact they are cheaper, hell handhelds in general are supposed to be cheaper, not cost as more than a console that can play everything better.

it's going no where due to the lack of released games it will not be able to meet down the line, 2 years tops then the hype goes down, already the 3rd party devs are testing the waters with older games.......instead of creating new ones, I think Platinum games, Namco Bandai and Koei Tecmo only devs officially supporting the switch, but everybody else is not even trying.

But I will agree, VITA itself has a weak library, but if you add the PSP and PSN classics and I would take that over the switch anyday, the value I get from a vita is just more than a switch

Darkbend posted...
Vita fanboys will always downplay the switch's success. They have to.. its what they think the vita could've been. Imo, it was dead in the water 2 years in.

The day has come when I am called a VITA fanboy, then again this kid is one of those "if you disagree with me, you must be a fanboy" type of posters
PSN:yahyano1

User Info: Shiiiru

Shiiiru
4 months ago#13
yahya_no_1 posted...
2 years tops then the hype goes down, already the 3rd party devs are testing the waters with older games.......instead of creating new ones, I think Platinum games, Namco Bandai and Koei Tecmo only devs officially supporting the switch, but everybody else is not even trying.

There's also that new No More Heroes game, Ubisoft with Mario + Rabbids, Square Enix with DQXI, Octopath Traveler, DQ Builders 1-2, Lost Sphear, Atlus with Shin Megami Tensei V, and Bandai Namco is announcing a new Tales game soon for the Switch. The list goes on. The very game that this topic is about is from a 3rd party dev, and a new game instead of a port. The 2018 library only continues to grow, and the number of third-party exclusives are rising. There are a lot of ports but that's pretty normal for a console's first two years.
PSN: Shiiiro- Switch FC: 5371-7893-8798
If you can imagine a world, believe in it...and dive in.

yahya_no_1
4 months ago#14
Shiiiru posted...
yahya_no_1 posted...
2 years tops then the hype goes down, already the 3rd party devs are testing the waters with older games.......instead of creating new ones, I think Platinum games, Namco Bandai and Koei Tecmo only devs officially supporting the switch, but everybody else is not even trying.

There's also that new No More Heroes game, Ubisoft with Mario + Rabbids, Square Enix with DQXI, Octopath Traveler, DQ Builders 1-2, Lost Sphear, Atlus with Shin Megami Tensei V, and Bandai Namco is announcing a new Tales game soon for the Switch. The list goes on. The very game that this topic is about is from a 3rd party dev, and a new game instead of a port. The 2018 library only continues to grow, and the number of third-party exclusives are rising. There are a lot of ports but that's pretty normal for a console's first two years.

Dude if its not out, it does not count, people been stating FF15 and last guardian will he on the PS3 for years.....but it didn't

Until the games comes out, it does not count, specially with today, a game can easily get cancelled ala scalebound.

and no, it's not normal, this only started happening at the end of PS3 and start of PS4 life cycles, having ports right off the gate is relatively new and people hate it

User Info: Darkbend

Darkbend
4 months ago#15
Obviously, arguing wont matter here. Lets just see what happens as time goes by. One things certain is, the switch is more popular than the vita ever was and this will translate to sales. Sales means dev support and dev support means actual non shovelware niche games, and actual non shovelware niche games means more happy gamers.. see where this is going?
"It mostly comes down to the fact that if you're close enough to touch Batman's cape, you're already unconscious."
-buddhamonster

yahya_no_1
4 months ago#16
True, to each his own, if you like the switch gj, wont matter to me

I myself got the vita late in it's cycle when it actually got cheaper ......or the right price

I just hope the Japn Devs don't give up on it yet as it cost almost nothing to port from ps4 to PSvita, I know Gintama is getting a game there........a DW like game but hey, better than nothing

User Info: Shiiiru

Shiiiru
4 months ago#17
I'm just happy with all the Japanese support for the Switch. It's outpacing the PS4, and Vita in Japan, and will overtake them in sales by next year at this rate which will mean more Japanese support.
PSN: Shiiiro- Switch FC: 5371-7893-8798
If you can imagine a world, believe in it...and dive in.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. I don't get it blazblue cross tag battle is not on VITA

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived