Kickstarter-exclusive physical release of SkullPirates available for purchase

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Kickstarter-exclusive physical release of SkullPirates available for purchase

User Info: Aussie2B

Aussie2B
5 months ago#1
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/arcadedistillery/skullpirates-a-piratey-action-rpg

This is another game from Arcade Distillery, the same team behind behind Plague Road. They used Limited Run Games to produce physical copies of Plague Road (standard copies were sold on LRG's site and copies sold via Kickstarter had an exclusive cover), but now they're using Eastasiasoft. This Kickstarter campaign is the only way to get physical copies of this game, and on top of that, they're doing LEs that are limited to 250 copies for each platform, making them a real rarity.

Anyone bought already or planning to buy?
"I am sexy minority. OH! NO! I wanna be a sexy terminator. Sexy will never die. AH~~~~~!"

User Info: GigaDogqHD

GigaDogqHD
5 months ago#2
What type of game is it?
There are three types of people on GameFAQS...those that agree with me, those that are wrong, and those that are insane

Aussie2B
5 months ago#3
An action adventure/RPG game that takes inspiration from Castlevania, Zelda, and the Mystical Ninja/Goemon series. In their own words: "Players will explore a huge island consisting of room-based regions connected by side-scrolling platform stages." Mixes 2D and 3D graphics.
"I am sexy minority. OH! NO! I wanna be a sexy terminator. Sexy will never die. AH~~~~~!"

User Info: bith_the_black

bith_the_black
5 months ago#4
Looks decent. Dunno if I want to pledge or not just yet
"When a black moon shines, Light and Dark break apart, the King of Darkness howls"

User Info: Sprinkles_ASAP

Sprinkles_ASAP
5 months ago#5
looks neat i guess
I identify as a Dragon.

User Info: bith_the_black

bith_the_black
5 months ago#6
Wonder why they went Eastasiasoft over Limited Run? Too busy?
"When a black moon shines, Light and Dark break apart, the King of Darkness howls"

User Info: splodem

splodem
5 months ago#7
bith_the_black posted...

Eastasiasoft can likely put the product together for much cheaper, especially since they’re located in Asia, as opposed to having the product manufactured in North America. In fact, I’m pretty sure I’ve heard that from LRG or a similar company on twitter when someone was complaining about prices. But at the same time, the argument was being raised in regards to prices of special editions with extra content. Who knows, I was kinda surprised to see this as well. maybe LRG just had a lot on their plate and passed, especially since the product is so far off. I know LRG is also trying to avoid kickstarters, so there’s that to consider.

Aussie2B
5 months ago#8
Maybe they didn't want to spend the thousands on an ESRB rating. Since it's Eastasiasoft, I assume this is technically an Asian region release. If they went with LRG, then they'd definitely have to get it rated by the ESRB.

User Info: ediotsavant

ediotsavant
5 months ago#9
Why would anyone waste their money on this company? Plague road was garbage and it pains me I wasted my hard earned money on it. Looking at the videos on kickstarter, it seems to be more garbage.
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

User Info: ediotsavant

ediotsavant
5 months ago#10
bith_the_black posted...

I hope it isn't an Eastasiasoft exclusive.
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Kickstarter-exclusive physical release of SkullPirates available for purchase

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived