Question about GameStop buy 2 get 1 free returns

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Question about GameStop buy 2 get 1 free returns

User Info: splodem

splodem
7 months ago#1
So I literally bought 6 vita games on GameStop online in the past 24 hours, and now I hear starting tomorrow its buy 2 get 1 free this weekend. Has anyone had a similar situation and returned their games and basically bought them again to take advantage of the deal, or is that not an option? I think mine will allow it, but these were purchased online, so I'm just curious if anyone had a similar situation. Thanks.

User Info: Jaime_Benn

Jaime_Benn
7 months ago#2
You can return it to the store. Not sure if they will let you return to buy for the deal though. I want to say they will, but it depends on the store/person probably.

User Info: Susanowo

Susanowo
7 months ago#3
I hate to tell you this but once your games leave the store and unwrapped, they are yours to keep and have little trade value. You cannot get a refund.
FGO: 58h40min, Level 63. 70 Jeanne, 60 Altera, 60 Emiya NP2.
I have 2060 games and have beaten 310 games.

splodem
7 months ago#4
Susanowo posted...
I hate to tell you this but once your games leave the store and unwrapped, they are yours to keep and have little trade value. You cannot get a refund.

Well, I purchased all used games.

User Info: verycorny

verycorny
7 months ago#5
I do that all the time because I want my game to come with the case. You just have to return to their store with a printed receipt. They won't even ask questions.
PSN/Steam - verycorny
3DS Friend Code - 0001-3307-3720

User Info: FSABot

FSABot
7 months ago#6
lol, you bought games before the deal started. You aren't gonna get free games or whatever you want out of it just because they started a deal afterwards.
http://i.imgur.com/aF7qUNh.jpg http://i.imgur.com/jglPMhl.gif http://i.imgur.com/tWtW8oO.gif
https://card.exophase.com/1/1045670.png

User Info: SSjYagami

SSjYagami
7 months ago#7
Simply return them for an unspecified reason, then rebuy when that dolt is off shift.
Mods are pathetic SJWs who abuse their administrative abilities and couldn't muster a logical defense for their actions to save their lives. Worthless.

splodem
7 months ago#8
FSABot posted...
lol, you bought games before the deal started. You aren't gonna get free games or whatever you want out of it just because they started a deal afterwards.

Actually I am. The worker i spoke with told me the employees have known about it since monday and don't understand why they didn't let customers know through the weekly ad. Told me to bring in the games and he will help me out.

User Info: blakfayt

blakfayt
7 months ago#9
splodem posted...
FSABot posted...

Actually I am. The worker i spoke with told me the employees have known about it since monday and don't understand why they didn't let customers know through the weekly ad. Told me to bring in the games and he will help me out.

Yeah, I was going to say I've done this dozens of times. Buy a few games, five days later a buy 2 get 1 free deal happens, I return my three games, get one of them free and walk out with some cash. On used games Gamestop has a 7 day return policy (in the US at least) for any reason. Beat the game, hate the game, discovered you have another copy, a friend gives you a copy, anything, return it. And there's nothing saying you can't turn right around and buy that same game right there with the money they give you back. The kinds of people going, "That won't work" or slinging the usual "Gamestop rips people off so they'll f*** you too" are the people who don't or won't play on Gamestop's field, which means abusing every system they have.

One time I traded in a copy of Pokemon Y for more than they sold the used versions of the game for. Literally made more money than they were going to because I traded towards a pre order (Which I cancelled to get the full dollar amount back on) during a weekend where you get 50% more for trading in a certain number of games, and being a Powerup member. I got like an extra 80% and they were already going to give me half the price of the game. And often if you talk to a cashier they will help you figure out how to get more money. Corporate are the bunch of dicks, not the average clerks.

User Info: nononoyesyesyes

nononoyesyesyes
7 months ago#10
ive done this at numerous retailers as well, including gamestop.
its known as price adjustment.
return policy are on pos receipt, but most people are on file anyway if you lost it.
due to the enormity of know-how amongst staff i feel its still a very ymmv thing.
for me, id rather have a sale of 4 games sans 2 free than a return of all 6 and one pissed off customer.
i mean what sandbags more?
a $20-$40 return or an $80-$120?

personal reflection:
back in the day good guys had a commercial of a child (like a 7 yo i wanna say) doing this and not being questioned, but rewarded with his change.
its a selling point and was a very feel good commercial ala latter day saints.

(starts singing)
who broke my windooooow?
i broke your windooooow

sidebar:
anyone (and i mean anyone) who doesnt understand what a price adjustment is in this day n age or who tells you that youre underserving of one (especially in such a small window of time) is about as useful as corkscrew to eat soup.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Question about GameStop buy 2 get 1 free returns

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived