• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkuni might not come overseas...

User Info: Ralizah

Ralizah
5 years ago#1
From Niche Gamer:

"It seems like Marvelous’ lesbian-powered action game/series Valkyrie Drive may be too hot for western audiences.

Fans have been anxiously hoping that the series’ PS Vita game, Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni, will get a western release. However, it seems like this isn’t happening, according to series creator and huge boob producer Kenichiro Takaki.

“Currently, localized version will be released is not unfortunately. Only in Japanese version. I want to release…” said Takaki on his Twitter.

It’s unclear what this really means, aside from the game not coming west. You could definitely infer that Takaki simply wishes to release the game worldwide (as he’s previously expressed his wish to wrap the world in happy boobs), but is running into issues getting the localization greenlit.

Marvelous Games, the European publisher for Marvelous Japan, expressed their interest in localizing the game:

“We’d love to too!,” said Marvelous on Twitter when responding to a game pleading for XSEED Games and or Marvelous to localize the game.

It’s also worth mentioning that English trophies for the game were spotted last year."

Source: http://nichegamer.com/2016/01/valkyrie-drive-bhikkhuni-only-releasing-in-japan-despite-game-directors-wishes/

I wonder what the problem is?

User Info: allanvvu

allanvvu
5 years ago#2
Either XSEED is busy with translating other games like Cold Steel II (and possibly other Kiseki entries), or XSEED wants to shed its fanservice game image aside from future Senran Kagura entries which they're obligated to finish. Or a combination of the two.

User Info: Sacred_Arfaid

Sacred_Arfaid
5 years ago#3
Well, we'll always have our Senran.

Ralizah posted...
“I want to release…” - Takaki.

I'm sure you "release" often enough during the development cycle of your games.

allanvvu posted...
Either XSEED is busy with translating other games like Cold Steel II (and possibly other Kiseki entries), or XSEED wants to shed its fanservice game image aside from future Senran Kagura entries which they're obligated to finish. Or a combination of the two.

Please be this.

User Info: dark-kyon

dark-kyon
5 years ago#4

Ralizah
5 years ago#5
allanvvu posted...

Even if Marvelous USA wanted to avoid association with the series, it wouldn't explain why the European branch wouldn't be able to publish it, even though it's expressing interest in doing so.

Makes me think the problem is in a board room in Japan somewhere.

User Info: 2Dover3D

2Dover3D
5 years ago#6
English trophies could be a sign of an Asian release with English subs.
https://imgtc.com/i/djEexoZ.gif
Playing: Dragon Ball FighterZ (PC), Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PC)

Ralizah
5 years ago#7
2Dover3D posted...
English trophies could be a sign of an Asian release with English subs.

Wouldn't be ideal, but it'd still be way better than having no viable options for purchasing the game and understanding what's going on.

User Info: Compa_Desu

Compa_Desu
5 years ago#8
Had a feeling. Simply being lewd isn't enough for a confirmed localized because it's s*** at everything else
https://imgur.com/VePBbyj Gotta aim low to aim high

User Info: Sacred_Arfaid

Sacred_Arfaid
5 years ago#9
Compa_Desu posted...
Had a feeling. Simply being lewd isn't enough for a confirmed localized because it's s*** at everything else

So is SK, that series gets localized.

User Info: razenkaku

razenkaku
5 years ago#10
Sacred_Arfaid posted...
Well, we'll always have our Senran.

Ralizah posted...
“I want to release…” - Takaki.

I'm sure you "release" often enough during the development cycle of your games.

allanvvu posted...

Please be this.

1. you took muh joke :(

2. they are probably bogged down with ToCS. The fact that SC came out at all shows that a part of their localization team is passionate about the series, despite the insane amount of content to localize. I'm sure Estival Versus is all translated, so there's no other big projects to hold them back (besides maybe Xandu).
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkuni might not come overseas...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A