• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Limited Run Games!
LimitedRunGames 6 years ago#1
Hey sorry about the last post, was more of an advertisement!

So again if you have any questions or wanted to suggest some games for us to publish I'll be here to answer your questions!
@limitedrungames
(message deleted)
forbs 6 years ago#3
Questions:
What is the expected range for prices?
Can you explain a bit about the process/procedure for these LE physical prints? (In other words, how will consumer requests or interests be handled to how will the goods be delivered.)
Who is your target market? This board is mainly Americans, Canadians and Europeans.

Potential physical games on the Vita:
All the Atelier games.
[23:20] Sneetch: Sneetch<Everyone
LimitedRunGames 6 years ago#4
Prices right now are $24.99.

We won't be following NISA tactics for our releases. Our games are all consider CE as they are limited. We will have more options like possibly grading, and a case to go around the game for added protection. We will also have other items based on the company and games for sale. But every game can be bought as is and there won't be any SE versions.

We will ship our items out from the US, and are talking to other developers for future releases.
@limitedrungames
Exceed20XX 6 years ago#5
There are a lot of small/indie studios who could and maybe would like a helping hand in publishing.

- For one Hotline Miami 1&2. Japan got a physical release but they sort of botched it with a "one on the cart, one on the download voucher" approach.
- Shovel Knight's also been denied a Vita physical release alongside the 3DS version. Supposedly they are trying to work that out but who knows how that's going at this moment.
- Super Meat Boy and The Binding of Isaac have proven popular indie hits. SMB had a physical PC release but that was kind of pointless with the DRM involved in it.
- Guacamelee apparently did surprisingly well on the Vita according to the creators if I'm not mistaken.
- Don't Starve may be another.
- Velocity and Velocity 2X may be another duo to approach.
- While Duke Nukem 3D is hellishly old by now it'd be cool seeing one last physical release with all of the content and additions of the Megaton Edition.

As for eastern titles, the Atelier series seems to get a decent amount of attention and localized releases but they never publish any of them physically outside of Japan. I'm sure that fanbase would probably appreciate that series getting the treatment for once.

I also second Forbster's questions. Might I suggest considering an approach similar to Gaijinworks' PSP releases? When they aimed to release Class of Heros 2 and Summon Night 5 physically what they did was do a pre-order drive petition of sorts to gauge interest for their physical print. If they found that they hit a sufficient number they rolled on with the process towards actual pre-orders, moving on from that point I believe.
-Be attitude for gains, Frog blast the vent core-
(message deleted)
Taaron 6 years ago#7
No clue what this is all about but if you want to name games, personally I would like to see more anime and/or cross over games. Super Robot Wars series comes to mind or Heroes Phantasia.
The motto of the internet: "Everyone is stupid except me"
LimitedRunGames 6 years ago#8
Exceed20XX posted...
There are a lot of small/indie studios who could and maybe would like a helping hand in publishing.

- For one Hotline Miami 1&2. Japan got a physical release but they sort of botched it with a "one on the cart, one on the download voucher" approach.
- Shovel Knight's also been denied a Vita physical release alongside the 3DS version. Supposedly they are trying to work that out but who knows how that's going at this moment.
- Super Meat Boy and The Binding of Isaac have proven popular indie hits. SMB had a physical PC release but that was kind of pointless with the DRM involved in it.
- Guacamelee apparently did surprisingly well on the Vita according to the creators if I'm not mistaken.
- Don't Starve may be another.
- Velocity and Velocity 2X may be another duo to approach.
- While Duke Nukem 3D is hellishly old by now it'd be cool seeing one last physical release with all of the content and additions of the Megaton Edition.

As for eastern titles, the Atelier series seems to get a decent amount of attention and localized releases but they never publish any of them physically outside of Japan. I'm sure that fanbase would probably appreciate that series getting the treatment for once.

I also second Forbster's questions. Might I suggest considering an approach similar to Gaijinworks' PSP releases? When they aimed to release Class of Heros 2 and Summon Night 5 physically what they did was do a pre-order drive petition of sorts to gauge interest for their physical print. If they found that they hit a sufficient number they rolled on with the process towards actual pre-orders, moving on from that point I believe.

^ A lot of those games are on our list of "want to publish".

I can't advertise anything but our twitter will link you to the places you need.

We definitely are looking into the whole pre-order approach to gauge how many people would want to see a physical release.
@limitedrungames
Exceed20XX 6 years ago#9
I'm glad to hear that. I think that approach would maximize the chances of selling exactly what you intend to print and hopefully give the legitimate players/collectors a better chance over scalpers early on. On another note I was wondering, is Breach & Clear Vita your first publishing project? If so, what made you choose this platform in particular? Also, you'll be working solely as a publisher right? As in not localizing.
-Be attitude for gains, Frog blast the vent core-
bith_the_black 6 years ago#10
Nice

Looking forward to the first release
"When a black moon shines, Light and Dark break apart, the King of Darkness howls"
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Limited Run Games!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A