• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Interesting Vita statistics from the Sony Press Conference

User Info: Nnamz

Nnamz
6 years ago#1
"In the US, Vita owners on average have purchased more than 10 games"

"60% of all Vita title purchases are made through the playstation store"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DmoZAPDV3ew#t=2335s

What we can take away from this is that casuals who only buy a game or 2 a year aren't buying Vita's, only the hardcore playstation faithful, and the high attach rate proves it.

Also, digital downloads do not represent an insignificant amount of Vita software sales. They represent MOST of Vita software sales.

The perfect time to announce a price drop would have been right after Trenton said "And it's clear people love the Vita when they get their hands on it". It's a shame barely anybody will with that high price point and not enough high profile games/attention.
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.

User Info: HaRRy_TiPPeR_

HaRRy_TiPPeR_
6 years ago#2
their loss I guess. Vita FTW
Timesplitters FTW People that agree: 18
Support Timesplitters 4: http://www.facebook.com/Timesplitters4PLZ

User Info: trancejeremy

trancejeremy
6 years ago#3
Well, when you release almost no retail games, yeah, people are going to buy online.

I mean, from Soul Sacrifice at the end of April, to the middle of June, there were no retail releases for the Vita.

And I think a lot of people are desperate to buy games on the Vita to justify their purchase. I mean, this last month, the 2nd best selling game was Men's Room Mayhem.

It's like a form of Stockholm syndrome

User Info: akshat_316

akshat_316
6 years ago#4
60% is a significant number indeed
www.staticshin.com

User Info: Judcr

Judcr
6 years ago#5
more than 60% of the games you can play on the vita are digital only

User Info: Nnamz

Nnamz
6 years ago#6
trancejeremy posted...

And I think a lot of people are desperate to buy games on the Vita to justify their purchase. I mean, this last month, the 2nd best selling game was Men's Room Mayhem.

It was 98 cents. Every time there's a game around the dollar mark it's usually the top selling game of the month.

It's less of Stockholm's syndrome and more of the type of gamer buying the system. It's legitimately only the super hardcore. Sony even stated that on multiple months, Vita PSN spending exceeded PS3 PSN spending.

The real problem is Vita not selling enough raw numbers for 3rd parties to justify putting big titles on it. Big titles need more than just a small contingent of hardcore gamers to buy their games.
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.

User Info: Koi_Tenchi

Koi_Tenchi
6 years ago#7
I was kind of amused how he kept shooting off statistics yet managed to constantly tiptoe around the more important statistics like how many Vita's have been sold.

It's all nice and good to have an attach rate of 10 games, but it doesn't mean anything if almost no one purchased your system.
It's a secret to everybody.

User Info: DumbDonald

DumbDonald
6 years ago#8
Koi_Tenchi posted...
I was kind of amused how he kept shooting off statistics yet managed to constantly tiptoe around the more important statistics like how many Vita's have been sold.

It's all nice and good to have an attach rate of 10 games, but it doesn't mean anything if almost no one purchased your system.

I think Vita has a couple million sold... Nothing near 3DS numbers. (not that it needs to be...)

User Info: legendarylemur

legendarylemur
6 years ago#9
DumbDonald posted...
Koi_Tenchi posted...

I think Vita has a couple million sold... Nothing near 3DS numbers. (not that it needs to be...)

It should be if it wants to get games. Right now, it's Sony who has to make the console more appealing, and most of that is done through sales
According to Wikipedia, you don't exist!
http://gaminglunatic.drupalgardens.com/ hello. this is my blog. thank you.

User Info: DumbDonald

DumbDonald
6 years ago#10
legendarylemur posted...
DumbDonald posted...
Koi_Tenchi posted...

It should be if it wants to get games. Right now, it's Sony who has to make the console more appealing, and most of that is done through sales

The DS sold much more than the PSP but that had plenty of games. Xbox and GC were decimated by the PS2 yet had many great games.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Interesting Vita statistics from the Sony Press Conference
  • Topic Archived