• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Getting very annoyed, Vita won't update

User Info: kjhovey

kjhovey
6 years ago#1
Okay, I've been searching around for the past 2 days trying to figure this out, but nothing I've tried so far has helped. Hopefully someone has encountered this and can give some insight as to how to fix it.

I've had no problems with my Vita at all up until the past couple of days. I was going to play Persona 4 and it told me I needed to update to 2.05 to use a feature. I figured it would be no big deal. So I go to download the update through wi-fi like I always do, but the damn thing won't update. It just sticks to "Please wait..." and then times out. It has no problem recognizing that there is a new update.It has no problem getting online with the web browser.

I've tried updating it at a few different wi-fi spots now, no luck.

I tried connecting it to my PS3 and updating through it... once again, no luck.

I tried connecting it to my laptop, but now it won't let me install Content Manager. When trying to install, it times out and says it can't connect to the server.

I'm incredibly frustrated with this atm. I even tried to download the content manager through the website, yet I still can't do it.

Does anyone have any clue as to what is going on with my Vita?
GT=kjhovey v2 PSN= kjhovey Nintendo Network ID= kjhovey

User Info: PangLa

PangLa
6 years ago#2
Have you tried restarting the Vita?

User Info: kjhovey

kjhovey
6 years ago#3
PangLa posted...
Have you tried restarting the Vita?

That and plenty of other things. I've also restarted several different routers from various places (one from my parent's home, one from my apartment, and one from a friend's house).

This has never happened before, and I just recently updated my PS3 with no problems.

From doing a lot of google searches, it would appear that some people with the same problem had to just repeatedly keep trying until they finally get the "Agreement" page.

I feel like my Vita has a bug or something -_-.
GT=kjhovey v2 PSN= kjhovey Nintendo Network ID= kjhovey

User Info: Edison720

Edison720
6 years ago#4
okay, first thing you want to do is start up the set up again, and if it still stalls on you, go ahead and turn it off, box it up and go to your nearest gamestop and trade it in for pocket change :D

User Info: bossk5

bossk5
6 years ago#5
This happened to me a few updates ago. I tried over multiple connections and none of them were any better, it took forever but it did eventually download.
Welcome to Gamefaqs, where trolls run rampant. I buy used games.Pacers 3- whatever...I give up

User Info: blackwaltz3

blackwaltz3
6 years ago#6
I'm having the same issues, still unable to update, this is irritating
Trying is the first step towards failure.
PSN ID: Nieds

User Info: DaMan1900

DaMan1900
6 years ago#7
i had the same issue. I turned it off came back a few hours later and it updated like normal... dont know why it happened but it pissed me off.
Ex Sony Fanboy

User Info: kukingina2

kukingina2
6 years ago#8
throw it away and buy a real handheld
Anime is saved - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWh8i9EY_U
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047

User Info: bossk5

bossk5
6 years ago#9
kukingina2 posted...
throw it away and buy a real handheld

First post wasn't " trollie" enough for you? Had to edit it?
Welcome to Gamefaqs, where trolls run rampant. I buy used games.Pacers 3- whatever...I give up

User Info: brycemorr

brycemorr
6 years ago#10
One suggestion im sure you tried but never hurts. Rebuild your database buy launching safe mode.
psn: bdawgtimes84
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Getting very annoyed, Vita won't update
  • Topic Archived