• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Error code C2-12828-1
WiiFan77 9 years ago#1
About 2 weeks ago, my Vita had a big error. None of my digital games would work (I have no physical games). I kept getting the same error code: C2-12828-1. And whenever I put the Vita to sleep, the PS button would flash in blue for hours, and nothing I did would turn it back on. I had to drain the battery to get it to turn off.

The problem persisted, rendering my still unable to play any of my games. I ended up having to restore my Vita system, then redo all the settings and such. It was a huge pain.

Now, this error has suddenly started happening again. What the hell is the error, why do I keep gettting it, and how do I fix it permanently? I've treated my Vita with great care, and can't think of anything that may have caused it.

-The game that initially gave my the error was Disgaea 1 for PSP. All other games also got this error, but Disgaea 1 was first.
-I was connected to the internet in both occurances.
-I have he white Assassin's Creed bundle from Amazon's black friday.
-My memory card holds 32 gb.

Help!
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never really know how accurate they actually are" - Abraham Lincoln
gray_fox_00 9 years ago#2
Try booting into recovery mode and rebuilding the database.

1) Have the PS Vita switched off OR in standby to begin with. It doesn't really matter which, as long as you have a black screen.

2) Hold down the power button on the top of the PS Vita units for 30 seconds or longer, then release.

3) The PS Vita will boot to a menu. Select the option 'Rebuild Database'.

4) Wait and watch as the PS Vita repairs its software libraries.

5) Allow the unit to restart and boot back to the main menu.

If that doesn't work you might want to try backing up your PSV through content manager and doing a system restore.
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
WiiFan77 9 years ago#3
Thanks, I'll try that. Should I back up my files before rebuilding the database, or will they not be touched?
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never really know how accurate they actually are" - Abraham Lincoln
gray_fox_00 9 years ago#4
WiiFan77 posted...
Thanks, I'll try that. Should I back up my files before rebuilding the database, or will they not be touched?

Wouldn't hurt, but rebuilding shouldn't delete anything. It will however mess up your icon arrangement.
WiiFan77 9 years ago#5
Alright, I'll just snap a photo of my arrangement so I can fix it after rebuilding. Thanks again.
gray_fox_00 9 years ago#6
WiiFan77 posted...
Alright, I'll just snap a photo of my arrangement so I can fix it after rebuilding. Thanks again.

Lol yeah it's annoying it does that. Good luck though.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Error code C2-12828-1
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A