• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Guide to swapping accounts on the Vita

User Info: yankee6903

yankee6903
6 years ago#1
Several times a week I see these questions so figured I would repost the guide so those of you interested can be informed. Go get the Soul Sacrifice demo!

Why would you want to have the ability to use multiple accounts on your Vita? Its a great way to enjoy different regions, such as demos, PSN downloads (so you dont have to pay import fees). I can think of three reasons to have this ability:

1. HK account (since its in english) to get Demos and DLC for games only released in Asia. This is why I did it as I wanted to demo Ragnarok Odyssey before I decided to preorder it.

2. People who want multiple same region accounts. Some people want an acct for casual play and one for only games they plat. Some want an online profile and an offline.

3. Family members or friends who want to share the same system, yet have different accounts.

Couple of points before you start. First, ALWAYS back up your memory card data (downloads, saves, etc) to your PC/MAC/PS3 before your try just in case there is an issue. Second, when you do this, expect to easily swap out accounts, and mem cards tied to those accounts, in less than 5 mins but it does reformat your Vita. IE your icons and wallpapers will be reset.

Here are the step by step instructions, and in the description I am assuming you are going from a NA acct to an HK acct, but any combo of the above would work:

1. Power off Vita
2. Remove your memory cards and game cartridges that are assigned to your NA account.
3. Power on VIta, go to settings, reformat, reformat Vita.
4. This will reformat the Vita!
5. ****MAKE SURE YOU DEACTIVATE THE DEVICE THAT IS ASSIGNED TO YOUR NA ACCOUNT!!!****
6. The system will reboot and look like the second you opened from the box.
7. Go through the setup functions, select YES on use of existing account. Enter your HK account information.
8. Activate the VIta to the HK account.
9. Insert memory card #2 with your HK information and play!!!

You can do this as many times as you want, with no issues, as long as you DEACTIVATE (step 5) each time. The whole process takes less than 5 minutes.

If you do not have a HK account, please go here to get one:

http://asia.playstation.com/hk/en

Here is a youtube video link of what I went over, please review before you try:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DWsKE6tStQ

Anyone else, please feel free to add or correct me. Please request sticky!
PSN: nightshade6903 GT:nightshade6903
I am not a Republican or a Democrat, I am a conservative

User Info: stargazer64

stargazer64
6 years ago#2
Sticky!
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.

User Info: Phil_E_Blunt

Phil_E_Blunt
6 years ago#3
**Sticky**

Verrry Niiice, Informative Post.

I know many will be appreciative of your effort.

Thanks!
"I'm a Mog, half man, half dog.
I'm my own best friend." Spaceballs

yankee6903
6 years ago#4
bump

User Info: darkdragongirl

darkdragongirl
6 years ago#5
Eh mines Japanese. I wouldn't mind English though since my Kanji is a bit poor. H.K. has S.S.?

Also question. If I switch back to native NA. Can I login to my JapAcc, and still have S.S. demo? It is saved to my 4gb. I know that it won't put the game itself in English (I understand what it is saying well enough).

I just prefer the rest of my Vita is in English.
Playing: Japanese Boy 4: The Girl-den
Rise might be your waifu, but Jack Frost is my bufu

User Info: Gitarooman

Gitarooman
6 years ago#6
I have a spare 4 gig card that I can use for my JP account to get solsac demo, do I have to backup and reformat my current 32 gigs every time I switch back?

yankee6903
6 years ago#7
darkdragongirl posted...
Eh mines Japanese. I wouldn't mind English though since my Kanji is a bit poor. H.K. has S.S.?

Also question. If I switch back to native NA. Can I login to my JapAcc, and still have S.S. demo? It is saved to my 4gb. I know that it won't put the game itself in English (I understand what it is saying well enough).

You have to have your VIta the same account as your DL. SO if you have a demo/game DL from JPN account, you have to be logged into your JPN account.

yankee6903
6 years ago#8
Gitarooman posted...
I have a spare 4 gig card that I can use for my JP account to get solsac demo, do I have to backup and reformat my current 32 gigs every time I switch back?

Not sure I understand, but you take the 32GB (your NA account) out before you format your Vita. Log into your JPN account then enter your 4GB card.

User Info: darkdragongirl

darkdragongirl
6 years ago#9
yankee6903 posted...
darkdragongirl posted...

You have to have your VIta the same account as your DL. SO if you have a demo/game DL from JPN account, you have to be logged into your JPN account.

I know. But I was wondering if I could reset my entire vita. And put U.S. NA. On the initial "brand new" screen.
Playing: Japanese Boy 4: The Girl-den
Rise might be your waifu, but Jack Frost is my bufu

User Info: Gitarooman

Gitarooman
6 years ago#10
sorry, I mean if I can swap back and ford between 2 cards with 2 difference account without having to reformat those cards at all, I know you have to reformat your system every time (deactivation too?). And do your wall paper and icons location stay the same if you re insert the same card?
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Guide to swapping accounts on the Vita
  • Topic Archived