As of now, would you buy Sony's 3rd handheld if one came?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. As of now, would you buy Sony's 3rd handheld if one came?

User Info: LeonSK357

LeonSK357
5 years ago#11
foxgamer92 posted...
Yes. If the vita gets Hyperdimension Neptunia, I probably wouldn't purchase the next one at launch though.

+1

Then again, it depends on what the new handheld has to offer. If it's leagues better and has features/games that catch my attention, hell yes. Otherwise, it can wait.
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
http://i47.tinypic.com/xds7cn.jpg

User Info: Mask_of_Desire

Mask_of_Desire
5 years ago#12
Well, there are a few games I want already. But when you're paying over $200 for a handheld, you want at least 10 good games. Beyond what's coming out in October or November, that doesn't leave much. And I want maybe two of those games. The thing that makes me the most anxious is the lack of game announcements.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/AJSadler/Sigs/MaskofDesire.jpg

User Info: FayeLady

FayeLady
5 years ago#13
As of now, not at all. Another handheld would probably be another step towards anti consumer practices like proprietary memory cards at high prices.
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.

User Info: marsvalient

marsvalient
5 years ago#14
what games does it theoretically have?

I don't buy systems, I buy games and just happen to get the systems that go with them.
Vita: New Little Kings Story, Dream C Club 0 Portable, Assault Gunners
PS3: Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny, Gal*Gun, Borderlands 2

User Info: blakbird13

blakbird13
5 years ago#15
Sure, I like the design of the PSP and Vita...

User Info: EmptyTome

EmptyTome
5 years ago#16
hustlin_pimpste posted...

There is no point promising Remote Play when hardly any 3rd party devs were going to go for it. RP is to me the most disappointing aspect of the Vita. I had visions of playing my beloved Demon's Souls through my Vita, but when you look at the actual list of games that are remote playable, it's sad.

This.

That's the worst handled aspect of the Vita as today. Sony can do it, but they are not.
"Are you sad?" "yeah" "Wanna scream?"
-Best RPG line ever.

User Info: bulletproven50

bulletproven50
5 years ago#17
Mask_of_Desire posted...
Well, there are a few games I want already. But when you're paying over $200 for a handheld, you want at least 10 good games. Beyond what's coming out in October or November, that doesn't leave much. And I want maybe two of those games. The thing that makes me the most anxious is the lack of game announcements.

+1
PSN ID:Sprint4geyes_601
My Recent Purchases: PS Vita(9.5)Transformer Prime(9.5) HotS Golf Vita UMVC Vita(10), SMS Audio headphones(8.9) TwistM PS3.Ngaiden(8.7)

User Info: ThaBasT_MidgaR

ThaBasT_MidgaR
5 years ago#18
As long as if it had Metal Gear 4 Portable, hell yes
Another Winter

User Info: Ratcho

Ratcho
5 years ago#19
Depends if Sony actually bothered with it this time.

I like the Vita and all, but Sony has constantly proved that they have no idea what they're doing.

User Info: GLDanzego

GLDanzego
5 years ago#20
Heck no. I got a PSP day one and felt that it was a massive waste of potential. At points during its sad lifecycle, I practically forgot it existed. I was going to wait on the Vita, but gave in anyway. Now I'm already seeing the same thing and then some.

That's not going to happen a third time. Sony is going to have to produce an established, well supported system before I even consider getting on board with another one of their handheld systems. Of course, at the rate the Vita is going, I doubt Sony producing a third handheld is even going to be an issue.

------
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. As of now, would you buy Sony's 3rd handheld if one came?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived