Do you need a travel adaptor for the vita?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Do you need a travel adaptor for the vita?

User Info: superbuu3

superbuu3
5 years ago#1
I'm going to the carribean, what i'm wondering is if any plug that fits into say a radio etc. can plug into the box and will my vita charge fine from the mains there?

Also is there any other ways to charge a vita i.e. through a PC?
razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A chilled out forum where basically anything goes. (Members have greater access and no ads).

User Info: JongJungBu

JongJungBu
5 years ago#2
I don't know about your first question, but for your second you CAN charge via USB from a PC but it is slower and needs to be turned off if I recall correctly.
PSN: Jongjungbu

User Info: Piesia

Piesia
5 years ago#3
superbuu3 posted...
I'm going to the carribean, what i'm wondering is if any plug that fits into say a radio etc. can plug into the box and will my vita charge fine from the mains there?

I'm not sure what you mean by the first question: I would certainly NOT just plug any random chargers into my vita to see if it works, if that's what you're talking about.

All you need is an adaptor to modify the Vita's cord's plug to fit the local wall outlet (provided the outlet provides 100-240 v, 50/60 Hz. You should be able to buy an inexpensive replacement cord for a dvd or other home electronics player that fits your vita, but has a local plug. Take your vita's power adaptor to make sure the new cord fits.

Good luck!

Best regards,

Piesia

User Info: Moegitto

Moegitto
5 years ago#4
Piesia posted...
superbuu3 posted...

I'm not sure what you mean by the first question: I would certainly NOT just plug any random chargers into my vita to see if it works, if that's what you're talking about.

All you need is an adaptor to modify the Vita's cord's plug to fit the local wall outlet (provided the outlet provides 100-240 v, 50/60 Hz. You should be able to buy an inexpensive replacement cord for a dvd or other home electronics player that fits your vita, but has a local plug. Take your vita's power adaptor to make sure the new cord fits.

Good luck!

Best regards,

Piesia

This, all Sony products work worldwide. You just need a cable to go from the box to the wall that will fit the outlets there. Or you can buy a adapter to plug the US cord into that will go into the outlet, and those are pretty cheap:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sunpak-Universal-World-Wide-Travel-Adapter/11082137

Not saying you need THAT one but something like that will work.

User Info: superbuu3

superbuu3
5 years ago#5
OK thanks for letting me know guys.

What i was referring to is you know how the plug for the vita goes into a box. The box itself is a transformer I think. the attachment from plug to box is a standard connection in all countries (is looks like a figure eight of plastic. What i was wondering was if a plug from another country would fit into that socket as i know lots of plugs have that connection i.e. portable radios and laptops.
razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A chilled out forum where basically anything goes. (Members have greater access and no ads).
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Do you need a travel adaptor for the vita?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived