New low weekly sales in Japan, low sales in US Sep, any hope left?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. New low weekly sales in Japan, low sales in US Sep, any hope left?

User Info: shampoowarrior

shampoowarrior
5 years ago#11
I don't believe we have NPD numbers for Vita yet.

Last I saw, we only know that it is up from last month (which was terrible).
Official Alice of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior

User Info: Megaman Omega

Megaman Omega
5 years ago#12
Megaman Omega posted...
I think some of them are still waiting for the holiday season, but that looks to be the the biggest disaster of them all. The 3DS has tons of software, the Wii U will steal a spotlight and probably outsold the Vita on preorders alone. Meanwhile the Vita has a holiday lineup of almost nothing.

What notable releases are there for 3DS this holiday season? Q1 and Q2, and to a lesser extent Q3 were good for 3DS. But this last quarter is an absolute joke. Exclusive Assassin's Creed and exclusive Call of Duty, even if you aren't personally interested, are more notable than anything coming to 3DS this holiday season, unless I'm missing a megaton game dated for NA.

lol no

Paper Mario, Epic Mickey and Brain Age alone will run circles around these games, and i think Pokemon Mystery Dungeon was coming to NA for the holidays, too. And that's just what has a release date. In Japan it's even more of a massacre where the also got EX Troopers, multiple Inazuma Eleven games, Layton vs. AA, Naruto, Unchained Blades EXXiV, Toriko, another SKU for a 3DS DQ game, etc.
Most publishes have nothing to do with the games they publish. - Sailor Goon
The Vita pushed out more launches than 3DS in the same time frame. - Sailor Goon

Megaman Omega
5 years ago#13
paper mario destroys them both.

It will probably single-handedly outsell the entire Vita holiday lineup.
Kid Icarus: Uprising is a remake - DemonDog666
Only trolls and people who don't trust me ask for sources - DemonDog666

User Info: StrikeNinja24

StrikeNinja24
5 years ago#14
shampoowarrior posted...
I don't believe we have NPD numbers for Vita yet.

Last I saw, we only know that it is up from last month (which was terrible).

We do, and at best, there was about a 10K increase, including the Madden bundle and LBP.
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin

User Info: Nnamz

Nnamz
5 years ago#15
Megaman Omega posted...
Megaman Omega posted...
I think some of them are still waiting for the holiday season, but that looks to be the the biggest disaster of them all. The 3DS has tons of software, the Wii U will steal a spotlight and probably outsold the Vita on preorders alone. Meanwhile the Vita has a holiday lineup of almost nothing.

What notable releases are there for 3DS this holiday season? Q1 and Q2, and to a lesser extent Q3 were good for 3DS. But this last quarter is an absolute joke. Exclusive Assassin's Creed and exclusive Call of Duty, even if you aren't personally interested, are more notable than anything coming to 3DS this holiday season, unless I'm missing a megaton game dated for NA.

lol no

Paper Mario, Epic Mickey and Brain Age alone will run circles around these games,

I thought Paper Mario was delayed. Awesome that I'll actually use my 3DS this fall.

But you're delusional if you think that's a higher profile release than Assassin's Creed. I'm not saying one will be better than the other, I've played neither. I'm also not saying one will sell more than the other. But Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty mean more in North America than Paper Mario and Epic Mickey.

Brain age set the world on fire on DS, but didn't the second one not perform well? Too lazy to dig up NPD numbers.

And that's just what has a release date. In Japan.......

Who is talking about Japan?
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 3780 - 9095 - 9402 <-- Inbox me your FC.

User Info: AceAndJunpei

AceAndJunpei
5 years ago#16
Nnamz posted...
Megaman Omega posted...
Megaman Omega posted...

lol no

Paper Mario, Epic Mickey and Brain Age alone will run circles around these games,

I thought Paper Mario was delayed. Awesome that I'll actually use my 3DS this fall.

But you're delusional if you think that's a higher profile release than Assassin's Creed. I'm not saying one will be better than the other, I've played neither. I'm also not saying one will sell more than the other. But Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty mean more in North America than Paper Mario and Epic Mickey.

Brain age set the world on fire on DS, but didn't the second one not perform well? Too lazy to dig up NPD numbers.

And that's just what has a release date. In Japan.......

Uhhh...the topic title? And OP?
"I wouldn't be surprised if you were transgendered."-CorruptedRPG attempting to "insult"(?) me with hate speech

User Info: NintendoGamer83

NintendoGamer83
5 years ago#17
Nnamz posted...

TC is... so topic is about Japan...
''Engine isn't code...'' : Sony fan troll logic.
http://www.jc-news.com/gfx/gaf/lol/nintendo_cycle.png

User Info: Universquall

Universquall
5 years ago#18
Nope there isn't any hope left. Your final nails worked. Game over.
After the Fallout

Megaman Omega
5 years ago#19

Apparently it's coming out November 11th. You must be thinking of Luigi's Mansion 2, which was slated for this holiday season and delayed.

But you're delusional if you think that's a higher profile release than Assassin's Creed. I'm not saying one will be better than the other, I've played neither. I'm also not saying one will sell more than the other.

ACL is coming out in October. I wouldn't consider that "holiday lineup". By the time the holidays start rolling, it'll be old news.

But Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty mean more in North America than Paper Mario and Epic Mickey.

Don't count on it. The DS CoDs only sold about 100k, and these were on a system that much more people owned. Meanwhile, Paper Mario/TTYD/Super Paper Mario sold 580k/1.48m/1.7m in NA, respectively, According to vgchartz, that is. Feel free to use NPD figures if you want.

4.71m and 3.41m respectively in NA, according to vgchartz, so either way it's more than anything on the Vita could hope for.

Of course we're talking about Japan. The topic didn't limit it to the US and neither did my point of "I think some of them are still waiting for the holiday season..." or anything either of us posted.
Most publishes have nothing to do with the games they publish. - Sailor Goon
The Vita pushed out more launches than 3DS in the same time frame. - Sailor Goon

User Info: Universquall

Universquall
5 years ago#20
Don't count on it. The DS CoDs only sold about 100k, and these were on a system that much more people owned.

lol
After the Fallout
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. New low weekly sales in Japan, low sales in US Sep, any hope left?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived